Recent Topics

Ads

Zealot Rant

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
lilsabin

Re: Zealot Rant

Post#11 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:16 pm

and here we go with the "this is GROUP game" get people or dont play...
good luck :)

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#12 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:17 pm

Momo you can do it solo too But it takes longer
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Dabbart

Post#13 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:49 pm

lilsabin wrote:and here we go with the "this is GROUP game" get people or dont play...
Here we go, creating an argument that doesn't exist... No one said anything along those lines.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

lilsabin

Post#14 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:43 am

Dabbart wrote:
lilsabin wrote:and here we go with the "this is GROUP game" get people or dont play...
Here we go, creating an argument that doesn't exist... No one said anything along those lines.
someone would have or will... YOU KNOW THAT... :D

ragafury

Post#15 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:01 am

hmm I started to level my zealot with a buddy together.
I played him solo at some point because I had so much fun and my buddy had not really time to play. (we played like till level 13 together).

My best tips are:
get the levels you are missing to reach mid tier (T2 + T3).

After that go to popular PQs like mudflats. I leveled with mudflats from lower 20s (22?) to end 20s (28 or something) in like 7 hours or something. from there it's just a small gap to fill to reach T4. After that just play sc's / T3 RvR, do your T3 epic weapon quests, look for a ruin group who needs a heal even if you are not in the loot or grind till 31. if mudflats / Public Quests in general not active and RvR is dead in T3, than you can always fall back to a grinding playstlye.

Everytime there is an active RvR zone and a warband going on, I would join. this is easy RR for later.

after 31 every pug wb will take them with you cause they always lack heals and tanks on destro. that way you can easily level to 40 while gaining good RR + annihilator + influence for weapons, jewlery and so on. or farm ruin.

zealot leveling solo takes a fair amount of time, don't get frustrated. :)
well and if you really try to avoid groups as much as possible, which is a little bit odd in a mmorpg,.. better get a 2nd monitor and a netflix abo going. you are playing a group focused char at the end which is not that good at grinding. (infinite sustain but meh dmg without specilisation + RR + gear; this will take some time)
Spoiler:
you will anyway need people to play with, especially as new player and a zealot, so why not find them while leveling, you need them for ruin, you need them for sc's to some degree, you need them to play RvR 6 man later, and so on, there are by far more group related things in this game than solo related.

welcome to RoR! :)
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#16 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:14 am

Not that good at grinding? Wtf i can pull 14 lev 40+ mobs without any danger and they are dead fast As hell and i dont have a downtime after tham! I think Zealot is one of the Best grinding chars in game!!! Only Problem are Champs
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

ragafury

Post#17 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:20 am

Yes and he is level 14 and has perhaps 8 skills in his bars.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

zaauk

Post#18 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:44 am

This is the route i found the most ppl. I use to run to this PQs and solo kill and que for SCs.
Invite any people that come by and do the PQs and que for SCs.

I only made a few toons to try what class i like the most and i didnt make it past 30 with any yet. But its really fast to level this way.

This is what i did:

T1 PQs in Norsca and Nordland. Destruction of the Weak > Suderholm > Macabre Fervor > Sacred Ground
T2 Ostland - PQ Wayshrine of sigmar 10-18ish, dont remember bag level.
T3 Talabecland - PQ Mudflats level 18-27ish wont get bags until lvl 21

Im new to the server, so took some time to figure out what PQs the most people do here.
Might be a better way, but this is how i did with my toons so far. Been pretty fast to level.

Might be some quests people do and need help with, lots of epic wepon, skaven Quests etc people talk about. I didnt figure out how they work or what level yet.

Good luck
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#19 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:22 pm

lilsabin wrote:
Dabbart wrote:
someone would have or will... YOU KNOW THAT... :D

I support the first part; "get a group", but certainly not the second one; "or don't play".
If not only because people that refuse to get a group make for good freenown. *harhar*

On topic:

Generally you should try and get yourself people to play with - bear in mind the PvE is just ducttaped together, you are playing a PvP centric game that emphasizes groupplay.

I'd suggest you get a group going and grind for Havoc (lv10-15) , Mayhem (lv20-25) and Ruin (lv30-35) - epic/skaven quests are an option, too. You can find information about all quests and such in the Wiki, on the headend of this website is a link to it.

You will have no issues whatsoever finding players to group with, given that you are a healer and that there are plenty of people around that are keen on leveling their alts and such.
People are generally happy to help out, just use /ad and mention that you are a new player ~ if you want them to snap out of their tryhard-diehard PvP mindset, thats a good way...

Best of luck and alot of fun!

Marzuzu

Post#20 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Thanks for the response guys, I've taken alot of what you have said on board and I am finding it a little easier, Still struggling a little bit with respawn timers but meh I'll get the hang of it.
thanks again everyone!
I stab me, you feel better...
And I'm the twisted one.....