Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Why would anyone play Magus over Sorc?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tesq

Re: [Magus] Why would anyone play Magus over Sorc?

Post#101 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:03 pm

ye as told alredy redeploy is the key factor in make the mobile build work; any 20 sec skill mean is meant to be a skill that can be used 1 every 2 focus or such while every 10 sec skill is meant to be used at least once every focus; look at heal debuff for comparison. Have redeploy with 20 sec CD make harder deal with the movement but is just that imo, the radious work good.

Re summon is also k since ye you loose all stack but you build em in 40 feet and you keep them in 80 feet which are 160 if you kite and re push so is a bit tricky but work notheless. But ye redeploy wih 10 sec CD and maybe loose half stack would not be bad either.

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#102 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Dude it would be so awesome if Magus could actually spawn multitudes of daemons to attack the foe, tied to an ability like Bolt of Change/IFOC/MBF/whatever. WoW's Demonology Warlock has this via Hand of Gul'dan, which spawns a bunch of imps to attack. Or even the demo M4 being worth using/turned into a baseline ability on a long CD.

Moar demons!
As hilarious as that would be, I think you'd run into trouble as it comes to large scale, the same kind of trouble you have with the gobbo-warband, i.e.: targetcap ~ pets make for excellent AoE sponges.

If, however, the Dev's were to introduce a priority system for these thing: Gief me all dem demons, plox! :lol:

catholicism198

Post#103 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:47 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Spoiler:
Dude it would be so awesome if Magus could actually spawn multitudes of daemons to attack the foe, tied to an ability like Bolt of Change/IFOC/MBF/whatever. WoW's Demonology Warlock has this via Hand of Gul'dan, which spawns a bunch of imps to attack. Or even the demo M4 being worth using/turned into a baseline ability on a long CD.

Moar demons!
You mean like the old Indigo Fire of Change? Before the career was reworked, it used to "change" the mob/player into a Horror (daemon) that would attack at random if they died while being bathed in the flame. *The player/mob would really only act as a sacrifice for the summoning- they (the player) didn't really convert into one.

There are a few videos of it online but I couldn't find any... I did 'rediscover:'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJnF3S6v_Bc
Bolt of Change as a 13 point ability- before that Firestorm bs. Along with two abilities I keep pushing. Nudge nudge.
Penril wrote:
Spoiler:
You can kite 80 feet, or push for 80 feet without losing stacks. You can then keep your stacks up with Redeploy when moving to a new position. I think that's mobile enough, considering all the important fights revolve around flags, or RvR BOs/Keeps.

It would only be a problem in certain SCs like Talabec Dam/Phoenix Gate (running a bomb/flag) or anywhere else in RvR that is not a BO/keep. And I guess in a 6v6 as well.

Maybe an easier fix would be to lower the CD on Redeploy? Instead of tinkering around with new skills/mechanics. I'm not a purist (good changes are welcome) but I still think classes should be as close as possible to what they were on live (with a few exceptions of course on some broken skills).
Boooo.
Large scale changes are needed if they want to reduce the number of cookie cutter builds.
Simply reducing the cool down of Redeploy has been discussed but nothing came of that discussion- along with adjusting/reworking Seed of Chaos and Tzeentch's Firestorm.
I'm all for change if it means we'd get some super cool spell effects/animations back:
https://youtu.be/zaSwaWCm5m8
The original Perils of the Warp animation (before it was turned into a disarm >.>) 0:03 Opens and actual rift...not some piddly purple squiggly circles. Maybe the Magus just isn't flashy enough? ;)
Animation was probably removed....

Jaycub

Post#104 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:55 pm

catholicism198 wrote: You mean like the old Indigo Fire of Change? Before the career was reworked, it used to "change" the mob/player into a Horror (daemon) that would attack at random if they died while being bathed in the flame. *The player/mob would really only act as a sacrifice for the summoning- they (the player) didn't really convert into one.
Did this stop people from being able to be ressed?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

catholicism198

Post#105 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Jaycub wrote:
catholicism198 wrote: You mean like the old Indigo Fire of Change? Before the career was reworked, it used to "change" the mob/player into a Horror (daemon) that would attack at random if they died while being bathed in the flame. *The player/mob would really only act as a sacrifice for the summoning- they (the player) didn't really convert into one.
No, the description about the ability is just awkward.
It's horrible torrent---> Play dies---> *poof* (summoning flame) ---> Daemon spawns on top of corpse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P7SUu_CE78
1:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5libZO36ss&t=119s
4:57
You can see a little Blue Horror spawn and chase the nearest enemy.

Jaycub

Post#106 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:46 pm

That's really awesome if only from a thematic/cool factor
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Tankbeardz

Post#107 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm

catholicism198 wrote:
Jaycub wrote:
No, the description about the ability is just awkward.
It's horrible torrent---> Play dies---> *poof* (summoning flame) ---> Daemon spawns on top of corpse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P7SUu_CE78
1:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5libZO36ss&t=119s
4:57
You can see a little Blue Horror spawn and chase the nearest enemy.
It was only good for griefing your own team since the little buggers would always run to guards. :D

Tankbeardz

Post#108 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Jaycub wrote:
No. Just summoned some little blue guy that did nothing useful.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#109 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Pretty much.

I think this was closer to what he is ?suggesting?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdfMQxwHb-Q
Lotro's Sic 'em!