Recent Topics

Ads

[CHOSEN] Siphoned Energy now relevant?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
dansari

Re: [CHOSEN] Siphoned Energy now relevant?

Post#11 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Luuca wrote:Not too sure it would be a great fit for SCs unless you run into a ranged magic comp.
Correct. From my understanding, it's very useful in the lakes and if you're solo (like Volgo), but in 6v6 or 12v12 it's probably not super useful since you're fighting around objectives most of the time and you're not being endlessly kited.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Hastykrasty

Post#12 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:39 pm

Luuca wrote:
Hastykrasty wrote:yes but are you considering with or without auras?
Not sure of the relvance of your question. Dont know any SnB Chosen not running the Toughness aura and auras cannot be stripped. I could see DF working against you in the lakes (as lackluster as it is for damage) it could break a stagger on a BW or AM while your team catches up, but other than that...?
Auras can be nullified by other auras, like kotbs' one, which are really common, so if you play RvR you shouldn't consider them for caution. It's just a tip, so I believe that 800-120ish tough is 680...which to me seems low...but hey, play as you want :D
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Skullgrin

Post#13 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:49 pm

Really??? You guys are just noticing this now? This has been one of my go to tactics for the past 6 months or so...
charlysixb wrote:The question is...does it stack with subjugator 2h proc? xD
Yes, it does :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Oh, and for even better synergy, run it with the Discordant Fluctuation aura so you get a nice little bit of damage going back to the caster if you don't disrupt them. Also if things get too hot, pop Tzeentch's Reflection to silence them until you can catch them and beat them into the ground.
Last edited by Skullgrin on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Darosh
Banned

Post#14 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:54 pm

dansari wrote:
Luuca wrote:Not too sure it would be a great fit for SCs unless you run into a ranged magic comp.
Correct. From my understanding, it's very useful in the lakes and if you're solo (like Volgo), but in 6v6 or 12v12 it's probably not super useful since you're fighting around objectives most of the time and you're not being endlessly kited.
Running the equivalent on my IB 24/7 - only swapping it out in SCs in which there are literally no casters.
The tactic is pure gold; it helps you recovering from punts; it helps you keeping people in the HtL arc (and catching up/keeping up to pouncy pointy-ears); it helps you to close in on targets you want to punt into your derps and cleanly leave right after; it helps you to strafe tanks to get guardstrip off (often saving yourself a kd [g]cd and immunity); it helps recovering from nasty snares, roots and ugly targetswaps (= makes guardswapping more reliable, as you can get into and maintain range easier); ... .

TLDR: Pure gold.

Note: Given people have no trigger discipline, like wasting AP and gcds (on SnB; HtL-raving midgets)... the tactic has a permanent uptime, its lovely.

dansari

Post#15 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:58 pm

Now imagine you being a healer and it doesn't proc off disrupts, just a flat 25% chance when someone hits you :mrgreen:
<Salt Factory>

Darosh
Banned

Post#16 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:08 pm

dansari wrote:Now imagine you being a healer and it doesn't proc off disrupts, just a flat 25% chance when someone hits you :mrgreen:
A shaman can still be locked down in various ways or simply bursted down, provides no CC of his own besides the puddle, an AoE knockback (that is better used as last resort defensive tool) and a PBAoE-ish knockback that no one in their right mind ever traits into - neither does he provide any support that is tied to his positioning. So meh, sure you can be annoying but that is essentially it, RA won't safe you from proper (r)dps assist trains and does not allow for any fancy plays outside of... well, Tor Anorc, I guess?

Luuca

Post#17 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:33 pm

dansari wrote:
Endlessly Kited.... A lot of our 6-man ORvR ends up zerg vs us and we are kiting and killing as we go or chasing across the zone... so testing is going to have to happen.

dansari

Post#18 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:24 am

Darosh wrote:
dansari wrote:Now imagine you being a healer and it doesn't proc off disrupts, just a flat 25% chance when someone hits you :mrgreen:
A shaman can still be locked down in various ways or simply bursted down, provides no CC of his own besides the puddle, an AoE knockback (that is better used as last resort defensive tool) and a PBAoE-ish knockback that no one in their right mind ever traits into - neither does he provide any support that is tied to his positioning. So meh, sure you can be annoying but that is essentially it, RA won't safe you from proper (r)dps assist trains and does not allow for any fancy plays outside of... well, Tor Anorc, I guess?
A shaman can be locked down.. shamans cannot. Multiple slows + an incredibly broken, high proc move speed boost off of anything. There's a reason it takes 6 DPS to focus kill good shamans solo and two DPS can kill any other healer.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Tesq

Post#19 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:28 am

it is good in rvr, now with disrupt on passive it offset the pesky bw wannaignoreyourblock/disruptyoubadloldie tactic which st/hybrid bw may slot+ make you tanky vs vanguard push situation

not much point in sc/small scale; compared to IB/BG one post nerf to power from the gods can be ap heavy with hold the line spam...suggest run off sc weapon to get some extra ap.

dansari

Post#20 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:30 am

Luuca wrote:
Endlessly Kited.... A lot of our 6-man ORvR ends up zerg vs us and we are kiting and killing as we go or chasing across the zone... so testing is going to have to happen.
Yeah I think the tactic is especially good in those situations because normally the tanks are the ones getting perma slowed and it helps you continue to kite with your group.
<Salt Factory>