Grock wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:03 pm
Nefarian78 wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:27 pm
New tactic should make Wave of Terror cost no AP and reduce healing taken by 50% instead of draining morale in addition of having it's range reduced by 10 feet. Counters Order's 50% group healbuff (that Destro has no way of countering since DoK nerf) and opens multiple build choices for both WB and Smallscale
50% group healbuff? the what?
On-demand 50% AoE healing debuff is a morale4 level of power, thats absolutely not something that should be a regular ability.
WL doesn't get any incoming heal debuff in their kit at all, they only get outgoing if they go full middle tree, but then they gonna miss a KD and lots of pet damage potential.
Now im not saying mara doesn't need buffs, but the type of things some people here are asking for sound a bit crazy
The recent changes are first step on a long way
While I don't always agree with Orkni, in situations like this I 100% agree with Orkni, even as a Marauder player. Pie in the sky random ridiculous buff requests are not a good way to make arguments, regardless of what faction or class you play on, and just shows a lack of understanding of balance combined with inherent "buff my guy" bias. A low cooldown, huge range, regular ability, group AOE heal debuff is so pie in the sky delusional of a request I don't know how anyone could ask for that with a straight face.
Remember all, the goal of balancing a game is to make it balanced. Not to make the character you play overpowered. That's not balancing at all, that's just favoritism. Also to Orkni's point, balance should be done in "iterations", not massive changes/reworks all at once that are nearly impossible to A/B test. This change in particular is important to do first (adjusting the damage scaling) so that the rest of the class can be balanced around this better baseline damage.
Now, on the topic of heal debuff, this is a legitimate question on the Marauder as they have a really wacky debuff that was super nerfed on live and just kind of sits in this weird place. It's a 25% healdebuff that doesn't require to be specced, unlike most of the 50% heal debuffs which are talented. So that's a nice bonus, you get a little heal debuff no matter what. The problem the ability has is that to make it 50%, you have to spec for it and waste an important tactic slot for it, which means its more or less objectively worse then just an ability, and therefore is inferior to pretty much every heal debuff in the game. Yes the tactic gets you a "little bit" of extra healing, which was stupid when Mythic designed it and is still stupid now (since you know, the point of healing debuffing someone is to kill them, not leech heals off of them). For a reminder, the tactic used to be a 75% heal debuff, which is what it was balanced around in the first place. The design of the Marauder was not to ever have a 50% heal debuff, but to have either a 25% (which is crap, but free), or a 75% (which is worth the tactic slot), unfortunately 75% heal debuffs are too strong in this game, so they nerfed the tactic to 50% and never redesigned anything, which was a lazy, half-assed attempt at balance.
What should be done? It's very simple, parity. Reset the Savagery tree to where it was on live (TB is 5 points, Draining Swipes 13). Keep the Draining Swipes changes (half cooldown/half duration). SWAP Draining Swipes and Tainted Claw, and make Tainted Claw a 50% heal debuff. Remove the 11 point Tainted Claw tactic, and just put whatever in there to replace it. Now the Marauder has a 50% heal debuff that doesn't require a tactic but requires a 13 point investment into Savagery, a new (hopefully decent) 11 point tactic, and trades having a 25% healdebuff at baseline for the AP gain reduction debuff. So for example, this is a way to give the Marauder access to the same kind of heal debuffs everyone else gets, without making them overpowered in the process (you give and you take).
Edit: Of course, that's not the only thing that could be done to tweak the Marauders heal debuff, and you could do a lot of different things, but that was just one example. You could move it to Brutality, you could take it out as a baseline ability and just make it 100% tactic based (so give Tainted Claw a different debuff), etc...