Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Useless in end game content?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
Xergon
Posts: 559

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#21 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:15 am

blasras wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:29 pm
I'm just starting to understand how progression works in the game, and from what I'm finding in the forum posts Magus is not desired in wb's for the content in the game that rewards the best gear? I been mostly making inquiries in the advice channel and getting mixed responses that make me confused. This game seems to require a moderate to heavy time investment to progress which I'm acquainted from similar titles in the genre, but if class elitism is pushed to the extent where certain classes don't even get a chance to acquire the best gear I'm heavily worried of playing non meta picks.

Any input appreciated, I've done a fair share of scenarios and RvR with various classes, and magus was probably the most enjoyable so far, but I'm not sure I want to invest more time to it if I won't have a future in the late game content.

Thanks for your time.
Overall, my advice to anyone who really loves hes class, despite being behind or underperforming in comparison to other classes, JUST PLAY IT, but accept current state of the game, and try be usefull as much as possible. Yes, it will require a lot more effort than playing other classes, but thats the beauty of it. If no group wants to invite you, then make your own group. Start with 6 man, then 12 man, then 24. Thats the best way to attent end game content with giving yourself maximum chance for better results.

Understand your class, what it can bring, what is strenght of it and how you can use it.

Maybe someday your class will get touched by hand of god or not, dont expect or demand anything. Sure you can ask or suggest fixes, but DONT EXPECT anything.
Last edited by Xergon on Mon May 25, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 144

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#22 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:20 am

However glean, pandae, and firestorm should be getting an increase in radius from blue horror
Mekanik [engi] 40/85
[magus] 40/65

Starx
Posts: 279

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#23 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:23 am

>We build a total of 40% damage bonus from stacks.

what?

User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 144

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#24 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:28 pm

We get a 40% damage bonus from pet, not 20, and another 33 or 38% damage to aoe dots from flamer, with a 33/38% reduction in duration.

I have to double check the exact % for the dot damage increase but it's about right, let's say ~35% for now
Mekanik [engi] 40/85
[magus] 40/65

Starx
Posts: 279

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#25 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:33 pm

Crumbs wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:28 pm
We got a 40% damage bonus from pet, not 20
Holy **** it actually does lmao, almost full sov and RR80 and im just now learning this. Based tooltips I guess haha...

inb4 magus gets nerfed again back to 20%.

This is actually extremely major, as I think the majority of magus players don't even know this because of wrong tooltip text, and that means that the pet plays and even more massive role in the classes ability to deal damage, and that the current frustrations of magus players in city/6v6 etc... is worse than most thought due to the pet being an extreme weak point of the class. There isn't a single class in the game that loses half its damage so easily.

User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 144

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#26 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:42 pm

lol, won't happen. It's rough enough having half our damage tied to waiting 20 sec standing next to a turret, I think the Devs are aware of that at least.

Under x7 stacks = not enough damage, 5% damage per stack

If using flamer for aoe dots it's more like 10% damage per stack
Mekanik [engi] 40/85
[magus] 40/65

User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 144

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#27 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:45 pm

Starx wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:33 pm
Crumbs wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:28 pm
We got a 40% damage bonus from pet, not 20
Holy **** it actually does lmao, almost full sov and RR80 and im just now learning this. Based tooltips I guess haha...

inb4 magus gets nerfed again back to 20%.

This is actually extremely major, as I think the majority of magus players don't even know this because of wrong tooltip text, and that means that the pet plays and even more massive role in the classes ability to deal damage, and that the current frustrations of magus players in city/6v6 etc... is worse than most thought due to the pet being an extreme weak point of the class. There isn't a single class in the game that loses half its damage so easily.
Exactly, we are super reliant on pet, our whole success depends on how well we manage our mechanic and keep it alive
Mekanik [engi] 40/85
[magus] 40/65

Starx
Posts: 279

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#28 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Crumbs wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:42 pm
lol, won't happen. It's rough enough having half our damage tied to waiting 20 sec standing next to a turret, I think the Devs are aware of that at least.

Under x7 stacks = not enough damage, 5% damage per stack

If using flamer for aoe dots it's more like 10% damage per stack
As long as this much of magus/engineer's power is in the pet then it will never be a viable class outside of memes on the keep wall and defense. No other class gets punished as hard as magus or engineer does for their class mechanic. Imagine if you could just do something and cut BW/Sorc damage in half, or if you killed WL or squig pet that would cut their damage in half. And yes I played WL I know it sucks in 6v6 when your pet dies but it's not nearly this bad, and your back to full power instantly when its back up and fully mobile.

Ads
User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 144

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#29 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:51 pm

For example even in the middle of a city fight. if I'm specced for full dps and my pet dies, I will stop whatever I'm doing immediately, go find a corner, place the pet, wait next to it for a bit, start stacking dots when it's around x5-6.

In fact I will usually just rebuild it where I stand so my stacks don't continue dropping, then resummon it into a wall or corner.
Mekanik [engi] 40/85
[magus] 40/65

User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 144

Re: [Magus] Useless in end game content?

Post#30 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:55 pm

Starx wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:47 pm
Crumbs wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:42 pm
lol, won't happen. It's rough enough having half our damage tied to waiting 20 sec standing next to a turret, I think the Devs are aware of that at least.

Under x7 stacks = not enough damage, 5% damage per stack

If using flamer for aoe dots it's more like 10% damage per stack
As long as this much of magus/engineer's power is in the pet then it will never be a viable class outside of memes on the keep wall and defense. No other class gets punished as hard as magus or engineer does for their class mechanic. Imagine if you could just do something and cut BW/Sorc damage in half, or if you killed WL or squig pet that would cut their damage in half. And yes I played WL I know it sucks in 6v6 when your pet dies but it's not nearly this bad, and your back to full power instantly when its back up and fully mobile.
Yeah to add insult to injury they made it so as soon as the pet dies you don't just start losing stacks, you lose 4x immediately, so 20% damage upon death, and 5% more every 2 seconds it stays dead.

To add further swapping pets removes all stacks back to 0. Rebuilding the same pet removes 4 stacks even if the last one didn't die.

It's a proper meme, hence why only those with master dedication to it can do half decent.
Mekanik [engi] 40/85
[magus] 40/65

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests