Recent Topics

Ads

[Mara] talk regarding the future

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Unionofchaos
Posts: 19

[Mara] talk regarding the future

Post#1 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:19 pm

So it will be good to talk about future of Mara gearing etc whit ability patch live on MS until 29 November. Its a fact our Dmg is nerf for almost eveyrthing.

Now we r more dependent of WS that add armor penetration addition whit piercing bite and as a class whit bad WS base stat its a problem for exemple at 5 parts sov 2 triumph im at 19% armor pene ridiculous low.

So whit more dependent WS what about to play Sov then WL for the +83 WS bonus or the gear will stay the same Sov/triumph ?

What is your point of view ?

Cheer !

Ads
User avatar
Wdova
Posts: 665
Contact:

Re: [Mara] talk regarding the future

Post#2 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:00 am

Never thought about stacking WS on marauder before because PB tactic was the same since like forever. On live it was “bugged” and it worked on all attacks inluding AA, not just attacks req. mutations.
It seems like stacking WS talismans in gear and invest some renown points in to it going to be mandatory.
I did not like the change and it would make more sence if 25% would be for all attacks.
Not a 1.4.8 change indeed.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Unionofchaos
Posts: 19

Re: [Mara] talk regarding the future

Post#3 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:38 am

Wdova wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:00 am Never thought about stacking WS on marauder before because PB tactic was the same since like forever. On live it was “bugged” and it worked on all attacks inluding AA, not just attacks req. mutations.
It seems like stacking WS talismans in gear and invest some renown points in to it going to be mandatory.
I did not like the change and it would make more sence if 25% would be for all attacks.
Not a 1.4.8 change indeed.
I tried to put WS talis but another pb is our strength stat become really to low so idk if staking WS talis going to be a good point. Then on Renown build hard to invest on WS when we need 4 FT then crit… or we can begin to play whit WS linim but losing 5% crit from base liniment or str MP.

I’m agree whit that PB tactic should work on all abilities not just mutated if they let it at 25% or better to revert PB at 50%

User avatar
Wdova
Posts: 665
Contact:

Re: [Mara] talk regarding the future

Post#4 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:45 pm

Unionofchaos wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:38 am
Wdova wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:00 am Never thought about stacking WS on marauder before because PB tactic was the same since like forever. On live it was “bugged” and it worked on all attacks inluding AA, not just attacks req. mutations.
It seems like stacking WS talismans in gear and invest some renown points in to it going to be mandatory.
I did not like the change and it would make more sence if 25% would be for all attacks.
Not a 1.4.8 change indeed.
I tried to put WS talis but another pb is our strength stat become really to low so idk if staking WS talis going to be a good point. Then on Renown build hard to invest on WS when we need 4 FT then crit… or we can begin to play whit WS linim but losing 5% crit from base liniment or str MP.

I’m agree whit that PB tactic should work on all abilities not just mutated if they let it at 25% or better to revert PB at 50%
Probably 3pc Warlord for weapon skill bonus,than 5pc sov for another 6% pen.? All talismans WS and renown in something else?
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Unionofchaos
Posts: 19

Re: [Mara] talk regarding the future

Post#5 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:41 pm

Wdova wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:45 pm
Unionofchaos wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:38 am
Wdova wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:00 am Never thought about stacking WS on marauder before because PB tactic was the same since like forever. On live it was “bugged” and it worked on all attacks inluding AA, not just attacks req. mutations.
It seems like stacking WS talismans in gear and invest some renown points in to it going to be mandatory.
I did not like the change and it would make more sence if 25% would be for all attacks.
Not a 1.4.8 change indeed.
I tried to put WS talis but another pb is our strength stat become really to low so idk if staking WS talis going to be a good point. Then on Renown build hard to invest on WS when we need 4 FT then crit… or we can begin to play whit WS linim but losing 5% crit from base liniment or str MP.

I’m agree whit that PB tactic should work on all abilities not just mutated if they let it at 25% or better to revert PB at 50%
Probably 3pc Warlord for weapon skill bonus,than 5pc sov for another 6% pen.? All talismans WS and renown in something else?
I'm on test server best result i find its 3 WL (shoulders, gloves, jewel) 4 Sov (Head back chest belt) and 2 Triumph (jewel boots) / 2 Genesis / 1 WS talis then full strengh / Medal of brawn

Stats :

STR: 977 (Medal of brawn)
WS: 423 (Medal of brawn) = 30% armor pen ( atm on live we r around 19 21%)
Crit: 32% (wound crit liniment)
HP: 8K+ (wound crit linim)

RR: FS 3 / CRIT 4 / 1 Str / 2 WS

So at end we have more base WS than playing 5 Sov 4 triumph whit proc but we lose Toughness debuff on target.

User avatar
Panzer80
Posts: 118

Re: [Mara] talk regarding the future

Post#6 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:44 pm

I have played around with an 83% parry, 860 ish WS mara build (mainly for WH's) for about a year now. The results weren't as powerful as one would expect because of the strength sacrifice. Also, when I tested the build the 50% armor pen tactic didn't stack at all (maybe I was capped). I haven't tried it out yet with the patch.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 80+, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Unionofchaos
Posts: 19

Re: [Mara] talk regarding the future

Post#7 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:10 pm

Panzer80 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:44 pm I have played around with an 83% parry, 860 ish WS mara build (mainly for WH's) for about a year now. The results weren't as powerful as one would expect because of the strength sacrifice. Also, when I tested the build the 50% armor pen tactic didn't stack at all (maybe I was capped). I haven't tried it out yet with the patch.
You can test on test server but keep in mind the 50% PB will be 25% ... So we need some WS to compense the lost...

User avatar
Wdova
Posts: 665
Contact:

Re: [Mara] talk regarding the future

Post#8 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:57 am

Panzer80 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:44 pm I have played around with an 83% parry, 860 ish WS mara build (mainly for WH's) for about a year now. The results weren't as powerful as one would expect because of the strength sacrifice. Also, when I tested the build the 50% armor pen tactic didn't stack at all (maybe I was capped). I haven't tried it out yet with the patch.
Not even my choppa with 1k weapon skill,full Parry Renown and few + Parry gear has as much Parry as Your marauder. How You managed to get Parry so high?
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
User avatar
Fenris78
Posts: 779

Re: [Mara] talk regarding the future

Post#9 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:33 am

25% armor Pen. tactic is equal to 350 WS... Why are you ever complaining, especially on a class that got the strongest armor debuff of the game ?

WL got same armor debuf, without the luxury of an armor ignore tactic on top...

Reality is that classes with 50% armor penetration tactic were clearly too strong, i.e. stealthers and mara, and didnt required to invest into WS to be effective.

Now every mdps will be with strenghts and weaknesses, without getting a mandatory bred and butter tactic allowing them to overcapitalize on defensive skills, to the point they become both too resilient AND too deadly to ensure good balance.

And about the patch, still keep in mind that those changes are, for a significant part, a starting point before further fine tweaking over this, so it will not stay "like this" forever.

As for armor penetration tactics, I bet my hat they will stay like that, because like I said, 50% armor penetration on one single tactic is way too strong in this game, especially for amount of damage all mDPS can deal.

Bohavwn
Posts: 27

Re: [Mara] talk regarding the future

Post#10 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:15 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:33 am 25% armor Pen. tactic is equal to 350 WS... Why are you ever complaining, especially on a class that got the strongest armor debuff of the game ?

WL got same armor debuf, without the luxury of an armor ignore tactic on top...

Reality is that classes with 50% armor penetration tactic were clearly too strong, i.e. stealthers and mara, and didnt required to invest into WS to be effective.

Now every mdps will be with strenghts and weaknesses, without getting a mandatory bred and butter tactic allowing them to overcapitalize on defensive skills, to the point they become both too resilient AND too deadly to ensure good balance.

And about the patch, still keep in mind that those changes are, for a significant part, a starting point before further fine tweaking over this, so it will not stay "like this" forever.

As for armor penetration tactics, I bet my hat they will stay like that, because like I said, 50% armor penetration on one single tactic is way too strong in this game, especially for amount of damage all mDPS can deal.
Complaining because Maurader was already the weakest melee dps in the game. Complaining because Piercing Bite only affects mutated abilities there fore not as good as other armor pen tactics. Complaining because even with the 50% armor pen and dumping more offensive stats Marauder still struggled to keep up. Now on top of the Piercing Bite nerf, Marauder recieved very significant stat modifier nerfs on almost every ability.

Also Keeping in mind that those changes are starting point provides no reassurance. There have been bugs and bad balance decisions that have remained in game for years without being addressed. Even when stated they were aware of the problem. So believing this patch will be meta for the foreseeable future is no stretch at all.

Also as for armor pen tactics being too strong? What about tactics that bypass all damage avoidance. You don't consider that too strong? I would argue it's much stronger that armor pen and it's been in the game for years.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: svether and 2 guests