Recent Topics

Ads

BG buffs to be more inline with IB?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
bwdaWAR

Re: BG buffs to be more inline with IB?

Post#41 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:10 am

7rere7 wrote:
bwdaWAR wrote:
7rere7 wrote:What could be lacking for class balance, specially the Blackguard ,is outside tactics that hardly get used because they are very weak and pointless to slot....
Alignment of Naggaroth, Bathing in Blood and Dark Blessing are racial tactics. All Dark Elves get them.
Obviously "Dark Blessing " tactic would be to strong for the DOK .
Perhaps you should revise your suggestion to change tactics exclusive to the Blackguard.

Ads
7rere7

Post#42 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:38 am

bwdaWAR wrote:
7rere7 wrote:
bwdaWAR wrote: Alignment of Naggaroth, Bathing in Blood and Dark Blessing are racial tactics. All Dark Elves get them.
Obviously "Dark Blessing " tactic would be to strong for the DOK .
Perhaps you should revise your suggestion to change tactics exclusive to the Blackguard.
Not at all....reread the sentence that you quoted me from .

I said" What could be lacking for "class balance ,is outside tactics" ,specially Black Guard".
My quote would not just for the Blackguard but every class that has those same tactics.

However ," Dark Blessing " would need changed into a different tactic for the DoK ,or just either BG, WE and Sorc all together.

Ninepaces

Post#43 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Approach in this thread is wrong. BG and IB problems are due to relative strength of chosen/bo and kobs/sm, not problems within the class itself.

The key question is... what is going to happen with destro morale pump on the other two tanks? Do destro need it to balance out the higher order dmg (crit stacking + SM beastly offensive output) or is it overpowered and going to get nerfed. IMO if its going to stay just give BG morale pump like the other tanks. Why not? Black orc is still arguably better because of its great dmg + utility (stuff like morale drain, aoe snare, ini debuff, etc) but at least BG would be playable.

TenTonHammer

Post#44 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:14 pm

Morale pump is just one among a myriad of other issues that BG contendes with

Tacking on a morale pump on BG won't deal with the fact that a large quantity of BG's debuff kit is overshadowed and covered by other meta classes, as youself said

Tesq

Post#45 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:17 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Morale pump is just one among a myriad of other issues that BG contendes with

Tacking on a morale pump on BG won't deal with the fact that a large quantity of BG's debuff kit is overshadowed and covered by other meta classes, as youself said
it's not only covered/overshadowed , it takes too much time with self buff + apply all those things to actually being efficent; it's the same problem of have the KD of 5 sec but require only block.

neokingdom

Post#46 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Ninepaces wrote:Approach in this thread is wrong. BG and IB problems are due to relative strength of chosen/bo and kobs/sm, not problems within the class itself.
BG's have inherent problems due to the design of the class, there problems are not just that the other tanks are better. Also, one of the points of this thread is that the BG problems outweigh IB problems. Infact, IBs are a really really solid class right now. IBs have a niche role of really supporting one other player well with their oathfriend mechanic, and they do that role well. BGs currently what? are good at dueling? You never see someone looking for a BG for a group/wb, even if there are already multiple chosen.

I cant take people seriously on here when they talk about IBs having big problems, because as a destro player I routinely am on the receiving end of the beatdown IBs can deliver, while being extremely difficult to kill.

I think it is important to ask why there are so few BGs out there, let alone good ones, but there are so damn many IB's and quite a few skilled ones.

Miszczu5647

Post#47 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:33 pm

So maybe make BG/IB starts fight with 30 hate/grudge? It is lore wise as Druchi are always full of hate and Dwarfs have always some grudge to settle. And it could help with access to some of better stuff from the beginning of the fight.

I don't play BG or IB. Just my 2 cents.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Luth

Post#48 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:08 pm

megadeath wrote:
Luth wrote:only class that can make itself immune to detaunts
For some reason only RoR staff brings that up. I'm yet to meet a single BG that wastes a point on that tactic.
The RoR staff didn't bring this up, it was me and my point was about the BGs general anti-caster potential not a single tactic, but i guess picking a few words from my post to place them out of context was intended.

The same tactic has been removed from the BO in the past, probably because it was useless.

Ads
sotora

Post#49 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:18 pm

Luth wrote:
The same tactic has been removed from the BO in the past, probably because it was useless.
BO can deal much more damage (and spike this dmg as well). Obviously same tactic on diffrent classes can be valued vastly diffrent and can be great for one class and nearly useless on another.
Last edited by sotora on Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megadeath

Post#50 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Luth wrote:
megadeath wrote:
Luth wrote:only class that can make itself immune to detaunts
For some reason only RoR staff brings that up. I'm yet to meet a single BG that wastes a point on that tactic.
The RoR staff didn't bring this up, it was me
I didnt say all the staff members bring it up in chorus or something. It's just i never ever heard simple players talking about it at all,
"I came, I saw, I ran away"
- Every order player ever

"My RvR experience improved by 100% after I spent 50 renown points in Improved Flee and Cleansing Wind!"
- Average order player