Recent Topics

Ads

DE Racial Groups

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Glorian

Re: DE Racial Groups

Post#11 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:48 pm

I really like your effort and meta planning of all the different careers.
And I have read several times through your dwarven setups for a 12 man group.

While I really addore the possibilities it is for me binding that I use the players who are available to me with their careers. And not a group of 11 players who have the setup I like them to have.

But as some above have said. Show something and translate it into the game.
Theory-> empirical test-> modification of Theory.

More words from you will not change anybodies opinion.
Show something.

Weren't you trying to setup an Greenskin Guild?
Last edited by Glorian on Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Razid1987

Post#12 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:49 pm

No, I don't need a video. Just more than talk: You could also maybe dominate SCs or the ORvR-lake day in and day out for a few weeks maybe to demonstrate how strong this unseen synergy is.
Last edited by Razid1987 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dabbart

Post#13 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:59 pm

footpatrol2 wrote:Of course I can't. My focus in this game was to stay away from the heavy meta dominating classes so I could find balance within the classes and their spec's. The first class I leveled to max was a BG because everyone thought it was horribly.

I really really wish I had video on that dwarf grp I ran.

Do you really need a video? DE has dominated the meta basically since WAR's release and after 10 plus years it's still very strong. The only thing it lacks is a out the door resistance buff which it eventually got with thousand eye's m4 and a healing class that can cleanse Curse's. But the only classes that bring curses on order side is WL/knight/WP/IB. Not exactly high dps classes except for the WL and WP. But WP's get shamed into having to play healy spec other then dps so that really just leaves the WL.

No. We'll just take your word that you know everything and the rest of us are wrong. You who has obviously never tested or ran this before. You are looking at the numbers, and think you see something. You don't. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. And at a guess, the lack of people wanting to even take part in your guild and parties is the reason you can't show anything.

/me wonders if there is a way to ignore on the forums...

Edit: Oh hey, you can ignore.. And the function seems better than RoR chat ignore... Yay!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

skutrug

Post#14 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:05 pm

Footpatrol,
I have also read your repeated threads on this exact same subject, and I need a little help:
What is it exactly that you wish to accomplish by posting on the same subject every 2 weeks, aside from confirming a clinical diagnostic of autism spectrum disorder?
Is there any rule on RoR that prevents you from creating DE groups, DE warbands or DE guilds?
If there is, you have my full support for advocating the removal of such arbitrary limitations to your gameplay... but as far as I know you are fully empowered to making your own group/warband/guild and deciding who gets to join. The Bitterstone Thunderers are dwarf-only, the Brides of Khaine are female DE only (vovoid being the sexy exception)... Why don't you create the "Foot Patrollers" and put your ideas into action instead of coming here?
I respect your dedication to the subject and right to express it on this forum, I just do not see the purpose of your postings???
Cheers,
Skut
“You go to WAR with the Pugs you have, not the Premades you might want or wish you had”

footpatrol2

Post#15 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:06 pm

I assume I'm not a unique special flower. I assume most players played live and partook in 12 man vs 12 man when it was a thing. Why shouldn't the meta rest around that? Most SC's are based around 12 players, hence the popularity of 12 man premades. 6 man's sc's were incredibly rare. I don't even think there were 6 man SC's until Ironclad came out.

I remember que'ing with someone else's mixed grp 12 man and waiting for the SC to start. We'd check out who our opposition was.

EX: "Oh man its Blah blah's grp. Bring your A game boys this is gunna be a good fight." And it completely was.

You'd have maybe 3 to 6 deaths in the entire 15 minute SC. Incredibly painful to kill anyone... I assume everyone has experienced this.

In my opinion it was incredibly painful to kill anyone in high competitive play by design. Your basically waiting for someone to make a mistake and your fast enough to capitalize on it. OR you had the option to use your morale Bomb's to give you your competitive edge. Instead of only slotting for defensive morale's. You could have had a mixed bag of offensive/defensive morales or go balls out offensive and still have lesser defensive morales if need be. Most of these morale bombs are still in existence save a few that were changed.

Quick look at DE morale bomb 12 man.
Take: 4 WE 4 BG 4 DoK

WE
m2 Web of shadows 1200 65ft in front
m4 Fling poison 1600 over 5 sec's 65ft in front
m4 Blade spin 1600 over 5 sec's 30ft AE

BG
m4 in malekith's name 12 1200 30ft AE + silence 5 sec

DoK
m3 universal confusion 1200 30ft AE + stagger 5 sec

Thats potentially 12,000 instant damage if you wanted to go instant damage + additional effects.
OR 6,400 over 5 sec's from m4 WE with 7,200 instant damage.
I'm assuming 2 of the BG's are not taking in malekith's name so that leaves 2 distracting bellows.

You still have access to a lot of your defensive morale's that you could have cycled you do give up divine protection for universal confusion which has to be thought on if its worth the trade depending on what your facing.

How long does it take to get to your m4 in a full grp? like 3 minutes? Lets say 3 minutes. How long with it being 30% faster? 180 secounds goes to 126 sec's. Almost a full minute shaved. Maybe you need to have 2 divine interventions + 2 distracting bellows to last out long enough then you can bomb. Thats still a 9600 AE Bomb. Max health is 10K maybe 12k? Its still near instant death.

footpatrol2

Post#16 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:29 pm

I am trying to show something. I am slowly building player interest up. A large problem is that a lot of the competitive players don't want to try it, because they think its a waste of time, not all of them but a lot of them. So I have to use new players which also means I have to show them how to guard and what-not, which frustrates the competitive players on having to deal with something simple.

I do have some players that are eager to try it Dabbart and contact me because of reading these posts. I just came back to this game like a month ago with zero notoriety. I have to build my dumb name up again and in the process keep being told i'm a idiot which is OH so attractive. It also doesn't help that I'm NA time.

If you want lesti I'll straight make a IB and help you make these groups that I'm talking about since you have the players organization skills and notoriety which I lack. I haven't tried everything due to me experiencing a new perspective recently so we could discover stuff together. Maybe that way I could prove a point real quickly like say in a month instead of face grinding to find players interested. I kinda don't want to do the dwarf group again since I already did it. It would be nice to do something different.

Or is the viability of a dwarf group too easy and will be dismissed by the community?

Gachimuchi

Post#17 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:07 pm

Despite all of the baseless claims you make, I'll bite. If you don't address this point with a rational argument(seems likely); I'll continue watching these threads from afar and cringing/chuckling at what I see.

How do you address the lack of resistances? You cited Thousand and One Dark Blessings M4 from DoK but its a MORALE 4. And only lasts 10 seconds. What are you going to do for the other 99% of time when you're getting torn to bits by casters? Even one BW spells disaster for this setup. Even SM will give you a hard time.

One thing you don't seem to understand is how long it takes to actually build M4 and how rare having a morale 4 is in a 6v6, and yet you seem to base your comps around it so heavily. The sheer amount of time it takes notwithstanding, in order to survive or get a kill you will need to use your morale 1 or morale 2 properly. Uncommonly M3 but it happens sometimes. With the other group dumping theirs when they need to but you're holding onto yours, thats a wipe in the making. Out of all of the classes in this game, there is only one morale in the game that could actually be worth holding for that long in a heated 6v6 fight(ignoring tanks with morale pump skills). Witch Hunter's Excommunicate, and thats only because if you manage to get that in a stalemate its literally an 'I win' button.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

noisestorm

Post#18 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:54 pm

What is this? Is dat real life? Am I even exist?

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#19 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:15 pm

its disgusting how you are bashing on him for coming up with this theoretical blueprint of his parties.
He didnt insult anyone but gets a shitload of stupid comments.
This forum is becoming more and more cancer... sad.

footpatrol2

Post#20 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:20 pm

(Warning wall of text sorry, complex idea’s require this.)

Starting off what I say is not claimed to be 100% gospel truth. When I say I feel, the word “feel” means opinion. I don’t know everything.

What I listed in the beginning of this post is 100% not viable in the current meta due to thousand eye’s being now 10 sec’s. It used to be 30 sec’s and the group was a lot more viable. These groups do better at the 12 man and beyond level. These groups also do better in RvR where the environment is not nearly as controlled as a SC is. In the RvR lakes you could use Tricks to build morale. Not so much in SC’s against a Smart group. In my opinion the dirty tricks are done in the RvR lakes.

Everything has a counter or at least used too.

PVP in the RVR lakes is super messy and not very controlled for perfectly aligned heads up collisions like SC’s are. My focus has not been DE but I’ll give it a try.

Also I’m not stating that you don’t burn your defensive morale’s to survive. You can burn your early defensive morale’s to survive longer as needed but then release what you can on your bomb component. When you got the ball really rolling you have options for morale bombs if you decided to slot them prior to combat. Please Note: There used to be a racial renown tactic that would allow you to gain 30% faster morale gain potentially shaving a minute off of morale gain to reach m4.

This is essentially old meta that I’d like to see come back.

Lets take the example of 4 bg’s 4 Dok’s 4 WE I provided earlier.

I address the lack of resistance by not allowing the damage to land or at least very little of it too until I get my m4 dark rites thousand eye's 30 sec.

So Straight up Blackguards are probably the best Hold the line Tanks in the game especially vs magic. Have at least 3 or potentially all 4 BG slot Shielding anger. Take disrupt renown on tanks and healers or willpower try to get your healer’s to passively get 25-50% disrupt gotta find that sweet spot. I’m unsure how high your disrupt can passively get too on your healers. Please educate me on this.

You enter a SC. Look at what the opposition brings. You see a lot of BW’s. Due a Tactic slot switch on BG’s to Shielding anger/Endless pursuit/potentially malekith’s Bulwark + whatever. Re-arm your BG’s with shields. Your BG’s have with HTL 45+30+18 = 93% disrupt chance upon magic hitting them you get 40 AP + movement boost. I’ve done this with my BG you can HTL indefinitely if being focused. If you Run out of AP you can use Driven by hate to AP regen yourself or use m1 banish weakness to self heal/ap regen. Note your burning your m1 potential bomb component for survivability.

Have all 4 BG’s HTL around your healers. You have access to 4 longest kicks in the game. Take turns with BG’s in kicking unwanted players away from your healers. DoK’s can cleanse anything BW throws at them and is probably sitting at 70% ish or higher disrupt so you’re not landing much but what you do land will hurt. Either disperse your WE’s or keep them in the circle slaughtering anything that gets in. Once you reach your m4 thousand eye’s flip out of defensive mode, your in combat mode now. Start to cycle Thousand Eye’s on dark rites DOK since it’s 30 sec’s. At least it used to be…

I could write more but I’ll stop here.