Recent Topics

Ads

[DOK] Looking for advice - melee support dps build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
shamallow

Re: [DOK] Looking for advice - melee support dps build

Post#21 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:01 am

@Freshour : okay, thanks for your advice about gearing

@Adei : how do you get 27 points to spent ? i'm not RR40 yet, but i have only 25 pts.

@th3gatekeeper : i have to convince my mate to play a tank now :) or to find a nice french guild who like dok dps.

in any case, thank you for all these details about the melee dok gameplay.

Ads
adei

Post#22 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:38 am

shamallow wrote:@Adei : how do you get 27 points to spent ? i'm not RR40 yet, but i have only 25 pts.
27 points requires RR40 and a full merc set for the +1 to torture. If you plan on playing melee DoK you will need a guard to perform well, as such the aoe detaunt is a wasted tactic, there are far better.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#23 » Sun May 22, 2016 1:31 am

Daknallbomb wrote:Hmm if he is rly #1 at dmg sry but than the other dps classes rly Do something wrong. Or its just cause of guard and He dont die
I can confirm Convert (freshour) is pretty damn good as a dps on his DOK. It also makes playing 2h tank easier, since the dps you're guarding can throw out some heals to you, so I don't have to focus so hard on tanking and can instead indulge in Ravage spam. Or uh, whatever good 2h Chosen do ;)
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

th3gatekeeper

Post#24 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:12 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:Hmm if he is rly #1 at dmg sry but than the other dps classes rly Do something wrong. Or its just cause of guard and He dont die
Well a Melee DoK I would suggest IS a MDPS class... Not all "damage" is the same - so thats another fallacy to look at here. I can see a Magus in Praag do 300k+ damage while a DPS Mara has 80k. Who was more effective? Probably the Mara because EVERYONE he attacked died... Where as the Magus didnt kill anything. Just an example.

MDPS wont always top damage, AoE Damage tops damage charts. If you get a Choppa or Mara who has guard, then sure they can top charts. So can a DoK. The nice part about DoK is they can heal too so its a good duo comp where as a Choppa/Mara who have guard still need a healer.

So I would say its a mix of things. Maras are INSANELY good because of debuffs and whoever they attack almost always dies - because of heal debuff, armor, wounds, toughness etc. but since they do little to no AoE dps, their total damage wont ever be as high as other classes....

Probably more than whats needed, but I will say its not that the real DPS classes do something wrong, thats just not how the game works I guess is what I am saying...
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

shamallow

Post#25 » Sun May 29, 2016 10:52 am

hi,

i have a question about jewelry :
is this good for melee dok ?

Oathstone of Karaz-a-Karak
+4 Toughness
+17 Weapon Skill
+47 Spiritual Resistance
+41 Elemental Resistance
+61 Corporeal Resistance
+2 Dodge
Oathstone of Karak Eight Peaks
+4 Wounds
+17 Initiative
+41 Spiritual Resistance
+61 Elemental Resistance
+47 Corporeal Resistance
+2 Dodge

(2 Piece Bonus): + 15 Auto Attack Haste
----------------------------------------------------------

Strife
+12 Toughness
+10 Wounds
+23 Spiritual Resistance
+98 Elemental Resistance
+28 Corporeal Resistance
+2% Parry
Torment
+12 Initiative
+10 Weapon Skill
+98 Spiritual Resistance
+28 Elemental Resistance
+23 Corporeal Resistance
+2% Parry

(2 Piece Bonus): + 2% Reduced Chance to be Parried

Vayra

Post#26 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:17 am

Oathstones, yes, Strife/Torment, no.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

kok

Post#27 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:22 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote: Well a Melee DoK I would suggest IS a MDPS class... Not all "damage" is the same - so thats another fallacy to look at here. I can see a Magus in Praag do 300k+ damage while a DPS Mara has 80k. Who was more effective? Probably the Mara because EVERYONE he attacked died... Where as the Magus didnt kill anything. Just an example.
And without the Magus doing assisting damage
Guess WHAT!!!!!
NO ORDER DIE.

There is no such thing as useless AOE dmg.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

Dajciekrwi

Post#28 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:48 pm

This is problem of Destro generally - they dont want to cooperate, buff each other or guarding.
They just want to hunt for db.
Loosers.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:36 pm

kok wrote:
th3gatekeeper wrote: Well a Melee DoK I would suggest IS a MDPS class... Not all "damage" is the same - so thats another fallacy to look at here. I can see a Magus in Praag do 300k+ damage while a DPS Mara has 80k. Who was more effective? Probably the Mara because EVERYONE he attacked died... Where as the Magus didnt kill anything. Just an example.
And without the Magus doing assisting damage
Guess WHAT!!!!!
NO ORDER DIE.

There is no such thing as useless AOE dmg.
Unless that AOE dmg comes in the form of a dot that is easily cleansed =DDD