Recent Topics

Ads

My 40/40 spec and loving it...

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
roadkillrobin

Re: My 40/40 spec and loving it...

Post#11 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:25 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:You misunderstand what i said; perhaps i should have been clearer, i said that detaunt and guard are both tools that do a lot for damage mitigation and with super punt you can negate the effectiveness of guard and anti detuant ignores the other.

Secondly their is not point in going that far up deft tank tree for Wave of Scorn, if you want an AoE snare then Big Brawlin's 30 fts snare on a 5s CD is much better

Furthermore maras stuff can be cleansed so if you need to reapply something while your maras stuff is on CD then you can and BG's debuffs are still the second highest on destro with max hate ad passing up on the crit boost and AA haste tactics is a mistake
You're still think in terms of damage. There's no way you can keep guard up and do decent damage on a tank when facing good oposition. Against pugs anything can work. You can go lol dps and guard and pretty much get away with it. Thats not gonna work if you try to play against other compeetative players. We're talking about utilizing the class BG to the fullest here. I wouldn't even bring BG to moast group as both BO and Chosen do the tank job much better while like you said a Mara allready can do pretty much all the good debuffs. But when your guilde plays a BG you have to look at what you can do with it. If you gonna be teamed up with and guarding a Mara you have 2 options. Mara either swap to a more Brutalty based build were he can utilize your debuffs. or you swap to a build were you can support the Savagry Marader better. Since he allready have moast of the stuffs from Malice it's not much point in you goin for those things. So you swap to a build thas focus on helping Mara stays alive and keep him in melee range, The good thing about a ranged snare is that you don't need to be in melee rangee for it to hit. It makes it really hard to kite and helps Marauder gets into melee range if they try to kite you. You got some AP recovery wich can be really draining for mdps classees. And if you attack healers you got the AP drain + Outgoin healdebuff that gonna help some. By goin high in Loathing you also gain a decent toughness buff. Not that i'm a big fan of toughness. But better then stacking double debuffs atleast.

I'd also like to add when it's ok to go full loldps on a tank. If you build a group or end up in pug group with something like 3 tanks, 2 healers and 1 dps It's ok for one of the tanks to just go full out rambo dps. Another situation is when you got a group consisting of something like 2 tanks 1 dps, 1 dps dok and 2 other healers. One of the tanks can go full dps here aswell as the added heals from the dps dok can make up for the lack of dmg mitigration you gonna take.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Shadowgurke

Re: My 40/40 spec and loving it...

Post#12 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:28 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Furthermore maras stuff can be cleansed so if you need to reapply something while your maras stuff is on CD then you can and BG's debuffs are still the second highest on destro with max hate ad passing up on the crit boost and AA haste tactics is a mistake
You can't cleanse Mara debuffs. WP does not cleanse them and solo RP/AM won't be able to cleanse them either unless the Mara does not bury them properly