Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Hroft

Re: [DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Post#121 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:24 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Why would you go RD on a DPS DOK when you have Focused Mind?
Because me and DoK that posted above doesnt run 6 vs 6+,yes with guard and heals you dont need RD,if you ganking solo or runing duo in RvR RD is a must,by the time FM is up the fight is usualy over or you are dead.

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#122 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:29 pm

I will say the one thing I have really never put much effort into is initiative. I know FS isn't really as effective without having Ini 250+ most say 300. And seeing how it isn't on that much gear I've been semi curious how people get it up that high.

I will say the more crit the merrier as a lot of people in competent groups seem to have a pretty low chance to be crit but with AA's alone you can pretty much keep the heal debuff on people.

I usually have around 45-50% parry and try to get dodge disrupt up to 20-25% and I notice it does proc quite a bit, but definitely not as much as when I am heal spec as I run nearly max disrupt which I see proc a TON as BW's rotations are always off on my buffhead bar.

It seems that finding the best solo/duo spec is pretty difficult. 6 man spec seems slightly more straight forward. But lets keep this convo going!

peterthepan3

Post#123 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Fair points, didn't realise. I suppose for solo, it's a must!

freshour
Banned

Post#124 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:47 pm

I will say this.... I tried his going 30 points into crit... I still have 1 in rd and 1 in cw because I just can't drop them... but holy cow I noticed a significant increase in overall... everything..

But with 30 points in crit I only have 28 points left, which means 20 for CW/RD - so 8 left for dodge/disrupt.

What I don't get is how you guys get your ini up to 250-300... I really have no idea lol. It is on a few tankier sets here and there, not much jewelry has it. I only know of 1 DoK weapon that is any good at all that has it and that is the dusk weapon. But from what I've gathered you either meet that threshold or you don't... So if you can't make it all the way up to it, better to just get parry/disrupt.

Thoughts?

peterthepan3

Post#125 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Just sacrifice some parry and go for Futile Strikes I-III (whatever gets you to a reasonable chance to be crit).

DOK/WP are difficult in that regard as, due to their hybrid nature, they don't have as much inherent strength/strength boosting tactics as real DPS and, as such, have to make some sacrifices. However, once of a decent RR (60+), you can afford to get futile strikes 2/3 and several points of crit/parry.

I'd never gear with initiative/RR initiative.

freshour
Banned

Post#126 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Yeah I don't think I'm going to buy into the initiative with the DD DoK at least, I may try and get 2-3 in futile strikes at least, but really loving the damage increase from raising crit up.

freshour
Banned

Post#127 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:40 pm

Kinda curious if anyone has every played with a DPS Zealot running the AOE armor debuff (with tactic)? Granted... the zealot would be in harms way a lot, but it would allow for basically all of the dok's damage to hit significantly harder. DE alone would probably double in damage with how high armor values all are now.

Not really sure but I know Mara/BO have arguably the best armor debuffs in the game but is there anything comparable that can armor debuff multiple targets? Obviously a DPS zealot or frontline zealot is not exactly "ideal" but the insane increase in damage with armor debuffs make me wanna ask this because I only know of single target debuffs from Mara/BG/BO

tazdingo

Post#128 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:32 pm

BO/chosen guard with moral pump + demolishing strike

possibly overdoing it but i cannot see a zealot being better than a BO in any way shape or form, though i have read about bomb groups using the daemon spittle tactic

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#129 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Yeah I would agree it may be over doing for sure lol. But in a 6v6 situation or just an SC group, if the Zealot could get that off, it would make DE hit everything considerably harder. I mean any armor debuff makes the dok hit like it did back in T3 which was actually a lot of fun.

Collateral

Post#130 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:01 pm

If BO runs full BL and spams aoe attacks (snare is sufficient), every attack has a 10% chance to reduce armour by some 900 iirc. My problem with BL is that it's more of an offensive set and you lose survivability. But I guess if you run with a good dps dok you could be fine ;)