Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Hroft

Re: [DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Post#111 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:46 pm

800 str and 4k armor without str in RR?
Do you count CS buff or Str pot?

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#112 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Yeah I generally run a 660 pot. which puts me just under 4k or a 700-825 which puts me over it. Same with jewelry, I'll either sit just under 800 str or a little over it. Sorry if that seemed deceptive, I should have specified.

Hroft

Post#113 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:11 pm

Im talking about Str as well,do you have 800 Str by default or it is counted together with CS buff or pot?

freshour
Banned

Post#114 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:05 pm

800 with a pot. The buff is pretty useless unless you are fully spec'd into the tree or running AP drain spec I would just take it off your bar TBH. The toughness debuff is actually not terrible as I view a toughness debuff as increasing your str by the same amount.

But I had a bad SC day today with nothing but 75-80% of all order DD's being range, so I dropped some str, and picked up maximum disrupt/dodge and AOE detaunt for a little while lol.

It seems that we are in a place where pending the exact situation you have to nearly do a full gear/tactic/RR swap just to not be a burden on the team. I'll still keep trying things out but I put the 3 pc BL set back in just because it was either hit knights/SM or try and push backline and have 3-4 engis and 2-3 sw/bw's assist on me.. so figured a smidge more ws would help.

I've also been dropping Fell Sac and going into pillage essence. Your tree is pretty bare and you need at least RR 50 for it, but I take heal debuff, DE, and pillage essence and I've been enjoying spamming channels and then just use a pillage after for 90+ SE return rather than trying to pad the stats with fell sac. Fell sac is super nice for SE generation/farming mobs - but in reality vs a solid group it is only doing like 1-200 damage every 3-4 seconds (if that) and is easily hotted away but it does make the scoreboard look good :P

freshour
Banned

Post#115 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:28 pm

This is the spec I have been trying out lately. It is weird because you can't constantly build mechanic like you can with fell sac, and you lose a lot of the AOE fluff numbers on the SC scoreboard, but saving your pillage for after you use DE/Channel for some burst - is absolutely amazing. I always wished I could get wracking agony with pillage essence as well as DE in the same spec with heal debuff. Granted on live that woulda been really OP given how good the class was. But anyway, if you guys are wanting to mix it up a bit, it is pretty nice. Not to mention your transfers heal for a bit more.

waronlinebuilder.org - Disciple of Khaine build

Hroft

Post#116 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:48 am

Its a cookie cuter spec that most DoKs run atm,devour essence is a main source of burst and PE is simply better than WA.
I was playing with gear back and forth and decided i will use full dominator+full genesis.
3500 armor(4x180 armor) with 800 str buffed,30% crit,34% parry and 10% parry bypass.
Still missing 1 ring with 14 str/3% parry and subj offhand.

freshour
Banned

Post#117 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Yeah I do agree that the full dominator can be really nice. I'm actually a little torn right now on how I want to play this character. I mean with the perfect group I can play it as more of a DPS. The more I look into AA's and their effectiveness in SC's, they just don't do a whole lot. I was having the best luck stacking nothing but armor and dodge/disrupt and being extremely durable while having sustained damage.

Obviously my damage output potential is better now but I've been focusing on really reducing chance to be parried. 2 from cloak, 3 from genesis, and 2 more from gear, was using 4 domi to get another 5% but I am still back and forth on that one.

Renown is where I keep getting even more torn. CW is for sure what I always want, I love having m2 as another cleanse, but focused mind obviously has its perks. Generally I put at least 3 in Dodge disrupt/parry sometimes 4 and I'll try and throw 1-2 in crit but still not sure exactly what is the best in general.

Anyone have any particular luck with a certain RR setup/spec?

peterthepan3

Post#118 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:49 pm

RR always 30 points into Crit, at least 10 in parry and the rest is up to you. Crit is the most important stat on DPS DOK imo.

VS ranged comps? You have to LoS. Never just charge them without a guard/good heals/Morale 2 focused mind up. They are the DPS DOK's bane, so remember that.

In regards to WA? It's not as good as Hammer of Sigmar, but I still use it over PA because it does always crit = guaranteed HD on focus target, and it does more tooltip damage than PE. Also, more points = stronger CoC/DoTs.

Ads
Hroft

Post#119 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Dodge/disrupt stacking is pretty useless for DPS DoK imo,capped mainstat+dodge/disrupt bypass from gear take away at least 10-15% and you have almost nothing left...I play as healer in SCs with 47% disrupt and BWs just casualy full Dotting me like i have none.
As for renown its best to concentrate on things you dont get trough gear,first important thing is Initiative,if you have for example base 140-150 Initiative and WH for example steal it,you chance to be critted goes to ridicilous 30-40% so its best to have at least 2 points in futile strikes and have at the very least 200+ init....Next goes CW and RD which both are awesome.
30 points in crit is a waste of points imo,you get base 25% crit from Full Dominator+genesis+2xWeapons add here another 5 from renown adn you looking at 30% crit,most targets have positive chance to be critted and its more than enough to keep healing debuff rolling.
Thats why DoK starts to shine at very late RRanks,you need to be 70 to take all desired skills and have good amounts points to spend.
Last edited by Hroft on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#120 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:17 pm

Why would you go RD on a DPS DOK when you have Focused Mind?