Recent Topics

Ads

2h def BG build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
zabis

2h def BG build

Post#1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:08 pm

Just wanted to share my new BG build and see what others think.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bg; ... 3:;0:0:0:0:

RR is spent in parryX3, critX3 and QE

4th tactic is Anger Drives Me

Wearing full Anni gear + the jewel set that gives init & armor

60% parry at full hate and 24% crit (for the wounds debuff)

Any suggestions? Would it be better to go Malice/Anguish?
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Ads
TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Re: 2h def BG build

Post#2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:32 pm

That's pretty much the cookie cutter version of the 2h BG minus the Enraged beating.

If you ask me, you should throw hastened doom in the trash can and grab Enraged beating, it's essentially hastened doom only with more hatred generation and burst and less wounds debuff....and that leaves a tactics slot open...i suppose Efficient Slaughter or Unstoppable Juggernaut would fill the void.
Last edited by TheSockPuppet on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eathisword

Post#3 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:49 pm

TheSockPuppet wrote:That's pretty much the cookie cutter version of the 2h BG minus the Enraged beating.

If you ask me, you should throw hastened doom in the trash can and grab Enraged beating, it's essentially enraged beating only with more hatred generation and burst and less wounds debuff....and that leaves a tactics slot open...i suppose Efficient Slaughter or Unstoppable Juggernaut would fill the void.
I would agree. Mara and chosen are in a much better spot than you to wound debuff and you will almost always run with one or both. I'd suggest to go Enrage Beating and slotting Endless Pursuit to be more offensive (its procs a lot even at 10-20% disrupt). Or for a more rounded build, I'd grab Terrifying Foe with the point gained from dropping HDoom. If you have about 600 toughness, it'll provide you a nearly ''free'' 270 ish toughness, which is very very strong for a single tactic (= to 68+ renown points worth of stats). It can also let you tri-set your gear more easily when you get RR50 and dont need the anni mastery point. With 3 set bonus, rugged and Terrifying Foe, you can reach godmode stats in the realm of 700-800 strength, 800 toughness and 60% parry, which starts to be pretty fuking terrifying.

I find that mixing Beastlord with Anni and conq/dom provides pretty well rounded numbers, good parry, some reduced chance to be parried, lots of wounds with the right pieces. Win-win. Much better imo, than a full set atm for 2h tanks.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Skiantos

Post#4 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:16 am

Eathisword wrote:
TheSockPuppet wrote:That's pretty much the cookie cutter version of the 2h BG minus the Enraged beating.

If you ask me, you should throw hastened doom in the trash can and grab Enraged beating, it's essentially enraged beating only with more hatred generation and burst and less wounds debuff....and that leaves a tactics slot open...i suppose Efficient Slaughter or Unstoppable Juggernaut would fill the void.
I would agree. Mara and chosen are in a much better spot than you to wound debuff and you will almost always run with one or both. I'd suggest to go Enrage Beating and slotting Endless Pursuit to be more offensive (its procs a lot even at 10-20% disrupt). Or for a more rounded build, I'd grab Terrifying Foe with the point gained from dropping HDoom. If you have about 600 toughness, it'll provide you a nearly ''free'' 270 ish toughness, which is very very strong for a single tactic (= to 68+ renown points worth of stats). It can also let you tri-set your gear more easily when you get RR50 and dont need the anni mastery point. With 3 set bonus, rugged and Terrifying Foe, you can reach godmode stats in the realm of 700-800 strength, 800 toughness and 60% parry, which starts to be pretty fuking terrifying.

I find that mixing Beastlord with Anni and conq/dom provides pretty well rounded numbers, good parry, some reduced chance to be parried, lots of wounds with the right pieces. Win-win. Much better imo, than a full set atm for 2h tanks.

I have a question : which Talisman/potion is needed to reach this stats?
The RR from Zabis suggestion are ok?

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Eathisword wrote:

Off topic, but what gear you using/planning on using with Ironbreaker? Coming back from a few months off, new gear sets got me wondering.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Older
Banned

Post#6 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:28 pm

not bad but i think better choice is dps snb =)
It's not a class!
It's a Player!!

Beez

From one vase with big loaf. ha ?
Now don't touch.

Tesq

Post#7 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:30 pm

uhm i may suggest you this for a def 2h build

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bg; ... 94:895:905:

use speed proc from renown and defense proc from weapon

full renown parry and all buffed = 58% (60% with 2% from somehere in equip)
3/4 renow dodge/disrupt and all buffed 28% (30% with some 2% from equip)
Slot all armor talisman (need to mitigate missing dodge )
Go tome set jewerly against bw and try to have corporeal between 950/1k

after rr 50 rest of the point in anti crit (fof gona make that even better)