Recent Topics

Ads

Offtank dps : 2H Blackguard or Black Orc SnB?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Penril

Re: Offtank dps : 2H Blackguard or Black Orc SnB?

Post#31 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:42 pm

Luuca wrote:you could/would be without one or two of your 3 available auras for 8-12 seconds
You would miss 1 aura at most and for around 3 secs (most KDs lasted that much). 9 seconds from RP/Zeal stagger but they probably used it on other classes way more often (or you disrupted it anyway).

The only real issue would be WH/WE stagger (it was 9 on live? but i believe it was lowered to 6 at one point? maybe 1.4? can't remember... let's go with 9) but staggers were oftenly broken, specially in SCs/Large scale and they probably also used those skills on other classes as well so...

Definitely not "1 or 2 of your auras for 8-12 seconds". Only 1 at most, for very few seconds, and didn't happen as often as you make it sound.

Ads
Luuca

Post#32 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Penril wrote:
Luuca wrote:you could/would be without one or two of your 3 available auras for 8-12 seconds
You would miss 1 aura at most and for around 3 secs (most KDs lasted that much). 9 seconds from RP/Zeal stagger but they probably used it on other classes way more often (or you disrupted it anyway).

The only real issue would be WH/WE stagger (it was 9 on live, but i believe it was lowered to 6 at one point? maybe 1.4? can't remember) or less if broken, and they probably also used those on other classes as well so...

Definitely not "1 or 2 of your auras for 8-12 seconds". Only 1 at most, for very few seconds, and didn't happen as often as you make it sound.
Ok. Im not good at math so you may be correct.i juat know on luve it happened a lot when tank was KD for over the 4 seconds and auras dropped. This affected outgoing spirit damageas well as toughness on occasion. I dont have stats on how many minutes in game on live auras were down, but that said, we play the game you give us. You asked for the difference and so now you have it. Just tired of everyone thinking Chosen or Knight is the iwin button in RoR. They are not.

Penril

Post#33 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 pm

They are not "i win", but their buffs/debuffs are 1000 times easier to apply than those from other classes, and there is no arguing that.

Dalgrimar

Post#34 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Penril wrote:
Dalgrimar wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:

No BG and mara was only a "killer combo" in the end days of rr100 bullshittery where SM, BO etc were considered garbage

Preconceptions we all bought here back in the early days of RoR, i remeber back in the day fourm talk with penril, Az and co all talking about buffing BO, SM 1.40 beta buffs and defensive leaps :lol:
Please... BO was even stronger on Live RR100 than it is now.
Nah it wasn't. For starters, you had the KD at 14 points and not 10 like in RoR. As for damage... they didn't do as much as in RoR that it let their groups kill enemies through guard. Even at 100, and all it took was a KotBS/IB to get you out of the picture since you couldn't return the favor to them. It's still the same in RoR but, like I said, your damage more than makes up for it now.

I miss No Choppin Me though :( (and also, loved your "maybe in NA" post)

@everyone else talking about Chosen: What is the difference between having 3 auras up all the time and using Twister + Autohotkey?
Not sure if we played the same game but okay :)
We discussed this enough on Live.
Last edited by Dalgrimar on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Penril

Post#35 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:09 pm

True, true... I am dedicated to ruining Chosen now (just kidding Luuca).

Luuca

Post#36 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Its not so much that im worried about ruining the chosen kotbs, im just sick to death of all the ezmode cracks about the class in general. They have an aura ability thats been there from day one. Everyone uses it and everyine complains if its off. So which is it folks? Necessary or game breaking? Pick one.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#37 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Lol i like how dalgri edited it to be more antagonistic. Pro quality **** posting :D

I think we could just leave chosen and knight as is and buff Bg/Ib single target buffs. If anything, will lead to more Volgo videos as he uses the incomparable might of 60ish more strength and toughness to 6v1 destro plebs into the dirt ;)
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Penril

Post#38 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Luuca wrote:Its not so much that im worried about ruining the chosen kotbs, im just sick to death of all the ezmode cracks about the class in general. They have an aura ability thats been there from day one. Everyone uses it and everyine complains if its off. So which is it folks? Necessary or game breaking? Pick one.
It is necessary, not game breaking, and super easy to use. The only issue is the last part.

Ideally, class should be reworked into something like this:

- If you are skilled: You will perform better and be more powerful/useful than the current version.
- If you are so-so: You will perform worse.
- If you are bad: Reroll to something else. Maybe BG/IB.

Ads
Tesq

Post#39 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:05 pm

SM/BO aoe punt here is 3x times better than live, just to point it out.

Dalgrimar

Post#40 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:10 pm

To play chosen right and good it is not really a matter of its mechanics but more about positioning and timing + being well aware and fast reactions.

As a chosen, and not just as a chosen but as anny tank you can really make a big difference by changing how you position your self in a fight to lower the change of being cc'ed.

On chosen it is also not the hard part of using your skills in the right "rotation" but more the part of knowing wich tank is guarding wich target and getting rid of the right tank at the right moment while still maintaining your overview of the fight and your guardswap.
You can call this "easy" whatever you want but so far i only know maybe 3 chosen's who do this right.
It is not just pressing a button it is about knowing when to press it and on who to press it.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch