Recent Topics

Ads

[Disciple of Khaine] General Use

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
lefze
Suspended

Re: [Disciple of Khaine] General Use

Post#11 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:03 am

CegeePegee wrote:
lefze wrote:Don't ever think about playing melee heals, it's either full out dps or healer, at the moment dok simply can't pull off melee healing against anything but below average pugs.
Is that so?

RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine

It requires an off-meta rr spec and a mix of anni, conq, and ruin (if you dont have full conq) but it most certainly is possible to have a successful hybrid melee build.
I guess people have widely different opinions on what "successful" means. Good luck landing any more than 10%ish of all hits under normal circumstances with no strength. Also lifetaps heal for so little when you do no damage in the first place, I'd take khaine's refreshment any day over it, especially devour essence heals for quite unimpressive numbers even in a full dps spec.

Much more optimal to spec for a normal healbuild and slot fueled actions, simply taking a few hits now and then and popping transfer essence when safe without pushing into the fray is just much more feasible than trying to actively meleeheal.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Bozzax

Post#12 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 am

Rhymor wrote:My wife is making a foray into the world of Warhammer and decided to pick up playing a DoK because of a love of doing damage and healing - she's gotten a little tired playing the Mercy-type characters recently.

Is there a general use type build floating about? I admit I took a peek through some of the threads but didn't quite understand most of the acronyms and what was being said as I'm both new to Destruction and haven't played DoK at all.

Thank you for any help you might provide. I appreciate it.
Tbh if you plan on doing orvr a dps/heal shaman is x10 better simply because you can move away from your enemy and heal.

As a duo you will end up trying to get away from 6mans/zerg a lot
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Rhymor

Post#13 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Given the nature of this being a private server and the idea of competitiveness isn't as blatant - for us - as having a good time enjoying the Warhammer aesthetic (and the fact that shamans are gross little snot balls) I doubt she'd think about playing that. Ever. Lol.

I've appreciated all the information in the thread. Thank you again.

Bozzax

Post#14 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Ok enjoy
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

NSKaneda

Post#15 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:59 am

CegeePegee wrote:RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine

It requires an off-meta rr spec and a mix of anni, conq, and ruin (if you dont have full conq) but it most certainly is possible to have a successful hybrid melee build.
Does Khaine's Bounty work with dps healing skills? Neither Rend Soul nor Devour Essence or Transfer Essence seem to toggle it...
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

lefze
Suspended

Post#16 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:07 am

NSKaneda wrote:
CegeePegee wrote:RoR.builders - Disciple of Khaine

Does Khaine's Bounty work with dps healing skills? Neither Rend Soul nor Devour Essence or Transfer Essence seem to toggle it...
No, lifetaps don't trigger it.
Rip Phalanx

NSKaneda

Post#17 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:11 am

Thanks. Kinda sucks since Rend is direct heal but I guess that would make unholy paladin way too OP ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

lefze
Suspended

Post#18 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:29 am

NSKaneda wrote:Thanks. Kinda sucks since Rend is direct heal but I guess that would make unholy paladin way too OP ;)
Well, there are better options anyways, like transferred focus which is actually reliable in a melee heal spec :)
Rip Phalanx

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#19 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:36 am

lefze wrote:Well, there are better options anyways, like transferred focus which is actually reliable in a melee heal spec :)
I'm using it + Horrifying Offering & Pillage Essence to shut down enemy. I was just wondering if I can utilize lifetap to absorb at the same time :geek:

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#20 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:32 pm

lefze wrote:
NSKaneda wrote:Thanks. Kinda sucks since Rend is direct heal but I guess that would make unholy paladin way too OP ;)
Well, there are better options anyways, like transferred focus which is actually reliable in a melee heal spec :)
Agreed. I run TF and KB because KB procs on my bigger non-melee heals which helps in those oh-sh!t moments while TF ups the healing from melee. Seems to work well.