Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard's state

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Anomanderake

Blackguard's state

Post#1 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:19 pm

I was thinking about coming back to ror, but the changes…
Now my rr6x bg can't have the parry tactic if specced full malice? oh well…
Here the question: how is the state of the 2h BG? I used to play both full dps and 2h tank. As a pseudo-mdps, BG used to be worst than the SM, but it was a lot tankier because of this tactic. What's now? how do you rate it? i will never and ever reroll another toon, way too much grindy XD

and finally… is nerfed button still working will all those new ability? I will have to rewrite all my rotation? It would be a pain in the ass...
Purake - BG 7X - GoD

For the Gaer Daecos' Freedoms

Ads
DanielWinner

Re: Blackguard's state

Post#2 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:21 pm

BG is gud.
Still worse than SM and BO damage wise but gud.
Use your NB freely.
Just get 15pt ab. in the first tree and you will be gud.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Deadkiller

Post#3 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:36 pm

The question ud Why you compare a bg with sm?

They have different Mechanics, bgs Mirror is still ib

Anomanderake

Post#4 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:00 pm

deadkiller

Because IB rarely used 2h, and they are both elfs, and they was the most used tanks in the small scale enviroment.

and because in the deep of my soul i always wanted to be a white dress giant sword user with double debuff XD
Purake - BG 7X - GoD

soliticks

Post#5 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:08 pm

The Blackguard is currently one of the best small-scale tanks in the game. But if I’m reading you correctly, your only interest as a tank is doing damage. If that is your goal, I would still recommend the Black Orc or Swordmaster.

Chinesehero just returned to the game as well.
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:18 pm

2H BG can fully function as an offensive tank, and is actually destro's strongest tank in 6v6. Your individual ST damage is only marginally less than that of a SM/BO; your AOE sustained is just as good/marginally better.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Anomanderake wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:00 pm Because IB rarely used 2h, and they are both elfs, and they was the most used tanks in the small scale enviroment.

and because in the deep of my soul i always wanted to be a white dress giant sword user with double debuff XD
IB is fine with 2h, even on live and not much changed for IB on this server. Shield is only used for warband builds.

SM lost their double spirit debuff.
Dying is no option.

Tesq

Post#8 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:47 pm

till pre rr 70 as 2h you have to go 15 pt channeling, then for rvr you can spec parry tactic, still for scenarios or small scale in general the channeling still better hands down for rvr 2h def build its better go parry tactic. Only 2h rvr bg suffered a bit from the change as of now the malince for small scale was totally buffed from the channeling appereance (aka 1 tactic free more and better avoidance vs casters and melee alike....)

it's definetly a very good tank right now, avoid s+b for rvr unless you wanna be a hold the line bot..

Ads
Anomanderake

Post#9 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Seems to be in a good spot after all. Plus, the only ability with a new id is the knokdown(why? Oh well XD).
Probably i am not BIS geared anymore but can work in this side.
Thanks all!
Purake - BG 7X - GoD

xarax

Post#10 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:28 pm

Tesq wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:47 pm till pre rr 70 as 2h you have to go 15 pt channeling, then for rvr you can spec parry tactic, still for scenarios or small scale in general the channeling still better hands down for rvr 2h def build its better go parry tactic.
how would this pre rr70 build looks like?
Malice until Crimson Death and Loathing till Anger Drives Me and the last 3 Points?

and what would be the "best" to use until? Full Malice and what as a second tree?
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts