Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
Eilhander
Posts: 26

[Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Post#1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:01 am

Hello everyone, this don't prettend to be a "play like this or be a noob" guide, this guide is written to help newbie Blackguards to understand better the basics of their class and basics gameplay of Blackguard. BG is a very verstatile tank open for many talent and gears builds and each BG trend to personalize it's class and gameplay according to their guild and player tastes, so please don't take this as "Law".


Differences with SnB Blackguard:

Unless like other tanks BG is not able to play hibryd builds, instead we shall focus on full tank or full offtank, this means it's not possible to play 2h BG with Invader/vanq set to be super tanky while be able to use 2h only skills. This mean you lack of many survival stats/gear and you shall try to hide behind snb tanks or play as a flanker support tank, 2H BG should focus on crit chance over any other stat since all your chances to spread the wounds debuff works around your crit chance.

Differences with 2h warband build:

The task of every tank may vary depending of his build and class when he jumps from warband and large scale gameplay to scenarios and 6 men roaming teams. This is not an exception to the BG, while on warband and large scale you focus yourself on guarding your dps and assist him at the same time you spread your debuffs over the enemies, on 6 men BG is usually the main assist of the group picking high priority targets to focus and focusing mostly on neutralize/kill enemy healers.

How to debuff:

Keep always in mind that all your debuffs are “Hex” that means only wp and am are able to clean em, when you are gonna focus a target and start to debuff him remember the order you apply your debuffs is the same order it will be removed by a cleanse, this allow us to hide our most important/dangerous buffs behind other less annoying or easier to reapply.

Other Black guard guides:
Main tasks:
  • Be vocal
  • Bodyguard of utility players/Dps
  • Healer/priority target hunter
  • Debuff priority targets
  • Crit chance buffer (with Crimson Death)
Tactics:
  • Filled with Fury - Increase crit chance by 15% every time you use a skill that uses hatred
  • Rugged - Increase Toughness up to 160
  • Hastened Doom - Wounds debuff whenever you crit hit a target
  • Soul killer - Adds a 50% outgoing healing debuff to the skill "Mind killer"
  • As alternative to Rugged you can use: Endless pursuit - Upon disrupt an spell you gain 30% speed boost for 5 sec and recover 40 ap


Main skills:
  • Elite training - Prove to you and your Dark protector target the hability to 100% parry the next 4 attacks and recover ap to the whole grp every time on attack is parried during the skill duration
  • Furious Howl - Debuffs Melee defenses (block/parry) [Aoe centered on yourself]
  • Crimson death - Use it a lot, this skills spread a 10% to be crit debuff which means it's like raising all your wb crit chance on those targes by 10% (One of the strongest debuffs in game) [Wide cone]
  • Murerous Wrath - Aoe dmg skill, this skill is your main source to spread wounds debuff and your main way to help with dps. [180º arc]
  • Mind killer - Int/Wp debuff that also apply 50% outgoing healing debuff with the "Soul killer" tactic[Can be stacked up to 3 times to maximize stats reduction]
  • Challenge - Debuffs enemy DMG dealt except to yourself.
  • Dark Protector - It is Part of your class mechanic, it is Working outside of grp/wb. I recommend reading the Skill in Game and remember it has a range of 50 feet (not 30ft like guard)
  • Guard - No futher explanation needed

Special Mentions:
  • Driven by Hate - Sometimes you need more AP
  • Crush the Weak - ST crit chance debuff, use it on DPS to reduce their damage output or on healers to reduce their healing crit chance
  • Enraged beating - Main hate builder skill and usefull for single target dps, use it always after using a hatred based skill to guarantee higest crit chance possible.
  • Shatter Enchantment - A very usefull skill that allow us to remove buffs of the grp "Echantment" for our target (pretty handy against slayers' rampage - buffhead ID: 1459)

Interrupting Channels skill:
  • Taunt
  • Crushing Anger (also drains ap, excelent against healers)
  • Malignat Strike - 2h Knockdown 3 sec duration.

Morales:

1º) Champion's Challenge (for crowd control) or Banish Weakness (for extra survival) or Demolishing strike (for extra armor reduction on focused target, stacks with Horrific wounds skill)

2º) Distracting Below (for AoE damage debuff) or Away Cretins (AoE 360º knockback plus 600 damage)

3º) Armor of Eternal Servitude (for extra surival) or Raze (to help with morale bomb)

4º) Inmaculate Defense

Playstyle:

Try to stick on your guarded target mainly (HUG HIM!!!) If needed switch your dark protector to a focused friend. Also you should Guard the DPS while using your DP on a melee dps or if you need fast hatred build on a snb tank.
Don't be afraid to use your "Elite training" skill if you or your dark protector target is begin focused by melee dps.
Crimson death must be used always you can it's low duration/cooldown and also do a high amount of damage.
Never forget to debuff enemy healers with "Mind killer" skill to nerf their healings and provide an extra layer of pressure over the enemy team.

Talent build:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 11,913,897

Written by Talossar

Special thanks to all those order players that has been "killed by" and "killed" me. And to Pain and Pleasure guild & Ocara for their feedback and assitance while testing & theorycrafting every build and mechanic of my Blackguard to be able to write this guide :D
Last edited by Eilhander on Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Image
Pain and Pleasure

Ads
b0nez
Posts: 8

Re: [Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Post#2 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:21 pm

Thanks a lot for you work! As a new player i appreciate it a lot. Just a quick question that came up for me.

As you said in your guide, as a 2h blackguard i should focus on crit. Does that mean i should take offensive renown-talents as well?

User avatar
Eilhander
Posts: 26

Re: [Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Post#3 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:08 am

b0nez wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:21 pm
Thanks a lot for you work! As a new player i appreciate it a lot. Just a quick question that came up for me.

As you said in your guide, as a 2h blackguard i should focus on crit. Does that mean i should take offensive renown-talents as well?
Renow talents is better to take mostly defensive ones to compensate your offensive build and don't be like another dps but with less dps than a true dps class.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Image
Pain and Pleasure

User avatar
Dragonov43
Posts: 3

Re: [Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Post#4 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:29 am

Nice guide for BG.
Skrypnikov - Choppa RR84
Mriya - Sorc RR75

Image
Pain and Pleasure

banites
Posts: 1

Re: [Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Post#5 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:35 am

Awesome guide! I see alot of BGs in T1 and T2 including me and it is nice to have a guide. One of the unique things I found in blackguards is we are never AP starved. Hatred is very easy to build up specially when you have dark protector on a mdps or a healer that is being attacked and you can always dish out damage.

What defensive renown build do you recommend?

TIA

User avatar
Eilhander
Posts: 26

Re: [Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Post#6 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:55 am

banites wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:35 am
Awesome guide! I see alot of BGs in T1 and T2 including me and it is nice to have a guide. One of the unique things I found in blackguards is we are never AP starved. Hatred is very easy to build up specially when you have dark protector on a mdps or a healer that is being attacked and you can always dish out damage.

What defensive renown build do you recommend?

TIA
I recommend Futile Strikes until you get 0% chance to be crit, Deft Defender IV, Parry IV, those 3 are a must have from my opinion for every 2h build you want to play.
Talossar - Blackguard 84
Seyren - Swordmaster 69
Image
Pain and Pleasure

Noan
Posts: 19

Re: [Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Post#7 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:24 pm

Eilhander wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:55 am
banites wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:35 am
Awesome guide! I see alot of BGs in T1 and T2 including me and it is nice to have a guide. One of the unique things I found in blackguards is we are never AP starved. Hatred is very easy to build up specially when you have dark protector on a mdps or a healer that is being attacked and you can always dish out damage.

What defensive renown build do you recommend?

TIA
I recommend Futile Strikes until you get 0% chance to be crit, Deft Defender IV, Parry IV, those 3 are a must have from my opinion for every 2h build you want to play.
I`ve seem this suggestion a lot, but i`m missing something: Even with RR80 i cant get Futile Strikes, Deft Defender and Reflexes to rank IV. Is there a way to get extra RR abilities?

jhwieser
Posts: 35

Re: [Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Post#8 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:10 pm

Noan wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:24 pm
Eilhander wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:55 am
banites wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:35 am
Awesome guide! I see alot of BGs in T1 and T2 including me and it is nice to have a guide. One of the unique things I found in blackguards is we are never AP starved. Hatred is very easy to build up specially when you have dark protector on a mdps or a healer that is being attacked and you can always dish out damage.

What defensive renown build do you recommend?

TIA
I recommend Futile Strikes until you get 0% chance to be crit, Deft Defender IV, Parry IV, those 3 are a must have from my opinion for every 2h build you want to play.
I`ve seem this suggestion a lot, but i`m missing something: Even with RR80 i cant get Futile Strikes, Deft Defender and Reflexes to rank IV. Is there a way to get extra RR abilities?
Get Futile Strikes III, not IV. That should be enough to have you end up at 0% CTBC.

Ads
Hypernia
Posts: 100

Re: [Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Post#9 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Not running the mid tree party tactic or the right tree anti default tactics at all? BG has a lot of nice tactic options and it's hard to pick with the 4 slots available. 30% parry at max hatred is a lit of defenses for guard

User avatar
SardonicWrath
Posts: 35

Re: [Black Guard] Beginner 2h build - Scenario/6 men build

Post#10 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:43 pm

Thanks for this guide, I rolled a blackguard after reading this, what exactly do you use for end game gear/talis for the 2h build , do we need a mix of sets?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests