Differences with SnB Blackguard:
Unless like other tanks BG is not able to play hibryd builds, instead we shall focus on full tank or full offtank, this means it's not possible to play 2h BG with Invader/vanq set to be super tanky while be able to use 2h only skills. This mean you lack of many survival stats/gear and you shall try to hide behind snb tanks or play as a flanker support tank, 2H BG should focus on crit chance over any other stat since all your chances to spread the wounds debuff works around your crit chance.
Differences with 2h warband build:
The task of every tank may vary depending of his build and class when he jumps from warband and large scale gameplay to scenarios and 6 men roaming teams. This is not an exception to the BG, while on warband and large scale you focus yourself on guarding your dps and assist him at the same time you spread your debuffs over the enemies, on 6 men BG is usually the main assist of the group picking high priority targets to focus and focusing mostly on neutralize/kill enemy healers.
How to debuff:
Keep always in mind that all your debuffs are “Hex” that means only wp and am are able to clean em, when you are gonna focus a target and start to debuff him remember the order you apply your debuffs is the same order it will be removed by a cleanse, this allow us to hide our most important/dangerous buffs behind other less annoying or easier to reapply.
Other Black guard guides:
- Buffs/debuffs: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=36323
- SnB warband build: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=36467&p=398133#p398133
- 2h warband build: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=36468
- Be vocal
- Bodyguard of utility players/Dps
- Healer/priority target hunter
- Debuff priority targets
- Crit chance buffer (with Crimson Death)
- Filled with Fury - Increase crit chance by 15% every time you use a skill that uses hatred
- Rugged - Increase Toughness up to 160
- Hastened Doom - Wounds debuff whenever you crit hit a target
- Soul killer - Adds a 50% outgoing healing debuff to the skill "Mind killer"
- As alternative to Rugged you can use: Endless pursuit - Upon disrupt an spell you gain 30% speed boost for 5 sec and recover 40 ap
- Elite training - Prove to you and your Dark protector target the hability to 100% parry the next 4 attacks and recover ap to the whole grp every time on attack is parried during the skill duration
- Furious Howl - Debuffs Melee defenses (block/parry) [Aoe centered on yourself]
- Crimson death - Use it a lot, this skills spread a 10% to be crit debuff which means it's like raising all your wb crit chance on those targes by 10% (One of the strongest debuffs in game) [Wide cone]
- Murerous Wrath - Aoe dmg skill, this skill is your main source to spread wounds debuff and your main way to help with dps. [180º arc]
- Mind killer - Int/Wp debuff that also apply 50% outgoing healing debuff with the "Soul killer" tactic[Can be stacked up to 3 times to maximize stats reduction]
- Challenge - Debuffs enemy DMG dealt except to yourself.
- Dark Protector - It is Part of your class mechanic, it is Working outside of grp/wb. I recommend reading the Skill in Game and remember it has a range of 50 feet (not 30ft like guard)
- Guard - No futher explanation needed
- Driven by Hate - Sometimes you need more AP
- Crush the Weak - ST crit chance debuff, use it on DPS to reduce their damage output or on healers to reduce their healing crit chance
- Enraged beating - Main hate builder skill and usefull for single target dps, use it always after using a hatred based skill to guarantee higest crit chance possible.
- Shatter Enchantment - A very usefull skill that allow us to remove buffs of the grp "Echantment" for our target (pretty handy against slayers' rampage - buffhead ID: 1459)
Interrupting Channels skill:
- Crushing Anger (also drains ap, excelent against healers)
- Malignat Strike - 2h Knockdown 3 sec duration.
1º) Champion's Challenge (for crowd control) or Banish Weakness (for extra survival) or Demolishing strike (for extra armor reduction on focused target, stacks with Horrific wounds skill)
2º) Distracting Below (for AoE damage debuff) or Away Cretins (AoE 360º knockback plus 600 damage)
3º) Armor of Eternal Servitude (for extra surival) or Raze (to help with morale bomb)
4º) Inmaculate Defense
Try to stick on your guarded target mainly (HUG HIM!!!) If needed switch your dark protector to a focused friend. Also you should Guard the DPS while using your DP on a melee dps or if you need fast hatred build on a snb tank.
Don't be afraid to use your "Elite training" skill if you or your dark protector target is begin focused by melee dps.
Crimson death must be used always you can it's low duration/cooldown and also do a high amount of damage.
Never forget to debuff enemy healers with "Mind killer" skill to nerf their healings and provide an extra layer of pressure over the enemy team.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 11,913,897
Written by Talossar
Special thanks to all those order players that has been "killed by" and "killed" me. And to Pain and Pleasure guild & Ocara for their feedback and assitance while testing & theorycrafting every build and mechanic of my Blackguard to be able to write this guide