Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Elf] Dominator + Genesis of Undying is interesting

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Incertname

[Witch Elf] Dominator + Genesis of Undying is interesting

Post#1 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:30 pm

As an experiment, I decided to try full Dominator Set, Genesis of the Undying jewelry, and Sentry Stilettos of Tyranny all with +19 Toughness talis. Renown points were spent on lvl 5 Fortitude, lvl 4 Vigour, and lvl 4 Reflexes. Tactics I used were Brute Force, Swift Pursuit, Kiss of Doom, and Enveloping Shadows.

The result is a weird, super tanky, no dmg dealing WE that that acted like a boot-leg tank. It was great at taking dmg while putting down heal debuffs on healers and overall be an annoyance to the enemy team. It was also great at being a distraction when the enemy instinctively targets WEs, only to find that I take way too little dmg.

This build is terrible at dealing dmg, so I have to rely on my teammates to do the heavy lifting for me :D :D :D

As the ultimate test, I brought this thing to a Ranked Solo match and this was the result:

In summery,
Is this build good at dealing dmg, kills, and DBs?
Answer: Absolutely not

Is this build good at confusing the enemy so hard that they kill themselves in their own confusion?
Answer: Hell ya!

Ads
Krima

Re: [Witch Elf] Dominator + Genesis of Undying is interesting

Post#2 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:38 pm

Pursuit, kiss of doom and enveloping shadows its a waste !

Its possible to be very defensive and do lots of dmg with:

Dominator + undying
Brute force, FM, Swift blade, Bleeding edge.
FM would boost dmg of WB and RA. Comboing WB + RA and finishing targets with serve nerve or web of shadows.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Incertname

Post#3 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:45 pm

Krima wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:38 pm Pursuit, kiss of doom and enveloping shadows its a waste !

Its possible to be very defensive and do lots of dmg with:

Dominator + undying
Brute force, FM, Swift blade, Bleeding edge.
FM would boost dmg of WB and RA. Comboing WB + RA and finishing targets with serve nerve or web of shadows.
This is really informative, I'll try this out today. I wish to emphasize that I'm mostly experimenting right now :P

soldude

Post#4 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:00 pm

Oyk dead build.

noronn

Post#5 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:50 pm

Stop playing with these **** specs in solo ranked. Its hard enough to get a good game in this lottery and you grief the low skill level of most games even more with literally useless defensive bullshit oyk specs.

Its insane anybody even talks about doing this.

lyncher12

Post#6 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:53 pm

noronn wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:50 pm Stop playing with these **** specs in solo ranked. Its hard enough to get a good game in this lottery and you grief the low skill level of most games even more with literally useless defensive bullshit oyk specs.

such negativity is not appreciated. think of the huge boon to his team that he was not needing a guard. not needing a guard swap is a gift from god in ranked solo because it is too hard for most players. in fact i encourage all witch elfs to try this build because it is better to not die then it is to do damage because dying = loss !

noronn

Post#7 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:59 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:53 pm
noronn wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:50 pm Stop playing with these **** specs in solo ranked. Its hard enough to get a good game in this lottery and you grief the low skill level of most games even more with literally useless defensive bullshit oyk specs.

such negativity is not appreciated. think of the huge boon to his team that he was not needing a guard. not needing a guard swap is a gift from god in ranked solo because it is too hard for most players. in fact i encourage all witch elfs to try this build because it is better to not die then it is to do damage because dying = loss !
:^)

Incertname

Post#8 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:28 pm

I feel like I want to state my line of thinking on why this build, specifically for Ranked Solo:
>be me
>be me in full Vanq and genesis warrior
>get a Ranked Solo match
>gets killed despite having double guard, 2 healers, and using Debuff
>do **** for dmg anyway as everyone’s in Sov/Inv with +180 armor talis

So my thinking was I’d rather be the tankiest WE and use heal debuffs than always constantly dying. If the Enemy is always focusing me, then let them, lol. I actually went SS over OKY because it gives healing and Agonizing Wounds is more useful anyway.

I agree with you nonronn that this isn’t a “good” build for Ranked, and I’m not saying that EVERYONE should do it (although dominator Mara is actually pretty decent). I also want to reiterate that this is me experimenting, and it’s such a wack build that it worked.

Ads
siglade

Post#9 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:22 pm

Incertname wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:28 pm I feel like I want to state my line of thinking on why this build, specifically for Ranked Solo:
>be me
>be me in full Vanq and genesis warrior
>get a Ranked Solo match
>gets killed despite having double guard, 2 healers, and using Debuff
>do **** for dmg anyway as everyone’s in Sov/Inv with +180 armor talis

So my thinking was I’d rather be the tankiest WE and use heal debuffs than always constantly dying. If the Enemy is always focusing me, then let them, lol. I actually went SS over OKY because it gives healing and Agonizing Wounds is more useful anyway.

I agree with you nonronn that this isn’t a “good” build for Ranked, and I’m not saying that EVERYONE should do it (although dominator Mara is actually pretty decent). I also want to reiterate that this is me experimenting, and it’s such a wack build that it worked.
Just improve yourself, if you die throught guard, think about how you died and what ability/pot would be the play to stay alive, a simple mix vanq/oppress(or conq) is better than cuck all of ur damage for something that gonna penalize the whole group. Looking at your ss, order comp was clearly bad, des would have won even without you.

Just play carefully, don't use vanish in a offensive play unless you are confident about not dying.
bachata, excommunicate abuser

Sofong

Post#10 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:24 pm

a bg with spammable heal debuff will be tankier and more useful and prolly deal more dmg than u.