WE - Do i keep playing her?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Shugga

WE - Do i keep playing her?

Post#1 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 pm

Got my WE up to rr59 almost 60 so far. I rolled WE cause I liked rogue in WOW (gank fun).

So far I have to say, I am not really feeling it, I really don't feel powerful at all haha.
I came to the forum looking for build ideas and stumbled across the WE defensive, Witch Brew build. It seems to be the go to spec for low level renown rank.
So as far as gear goes i have: 5x Dominator w/ Mercenary Corset for hp regen and 2x Sentry's stiletto of tyranny for more hp regen. Talis are all toughness atm. Renown points spent in 3xTrivial Blows, 2x Futile strikes and some parry. I still need to buy the regen jewelry.

I have a few questions for the experienced high lvl we's:

Is this defensive witch brew build worth it?
Does it feel better at higher gear lvl?
Can I make witch brew stronger somehow? I herd str. or crit does not add to the power of the build.
WH's seem to me like the better class for the stealth classes atm, true or not?
Can sacrificial stab do well in roaming? and when to switch or gear for that?

Anyways, I suppose I just need a little encouragement to keep on keeping on with my WE:)

All advice from you guys much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Ads
Karl

Re: WE - Do i keep playing her?

Post#2 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:51 pm

Just hang in there mate, there are some really powerful gankbuilds - I keep running in to this WE called Adulterer who is really strong and plays really well. Superfun and frustrating encounters when i’m on my WL.

Krima

Post#3 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:56 pm

Shugga wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 pm Got my WE up to rr59 almost 60 so far. I rolled WE cause I liked rogue in WOW (gank fun).

So far I have to say, I am not really feeling it, I really don't feel powerful at all haha.
I came to the forum looking for build ideas and stumbled across the WE defensive, Witch Brew build. It seems to be the go to spec for low level renown rank.
So as far as gear goes i have: 5x Dominator w/ Mercenary Corset for hp regen and 2x Sentry's stiletto of tyranny for more hp regen. Talis are all toughness atm. Renown points spent in 3xTrivial Blows, 2x Futile strikes and some parry. I still need to buy the regen jewelry.

I have a few questions for the experienced high lvl we's:

Is this defensive witch brew build worth it? Its worth for lakes and rvr where the skill lvl its really low and U can have fun with the build. Yes, at least you don die in seconds.
Does it feel better at higher gear lvl? Yes, 100% WE/WH very dependent on gear.. a WL or MARA on vanquisher gear is far superior than a WE on vanq for IE
Can I make witch brew stronger somehow? I herd str. or crit does not add to the power of the build. IMO WB is really overrated.. it doesnt scale with anything in this game. Thats why its a good option for defensive build. Witchbrew needs to be reworked.
WH's seem to me like the better class for the stealth classes atm, true or not? Yes, thats correct. WH have better finishers like BAL, EW.. higher base dmg skills like Repel
B + A insane m4 build. People will say otherwise, however not many WHs good left in ror.

Can sacrificial stab do well in roaming? and when to switch or gear for that? SS build only works IMO with the very best gear in the game, even so, I think its supbar build.

Anyways, I suppose I just need a little encouragement to keep on keeping on with my WE:)

All advice from you guys much appreciated and I thank you in advance. Trythe following build:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2991,5601

Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

sighy

Post#4 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:07 pm

WE has a bit of an identity crysis. On one hand it's a stealth assassin, on the other it's slow methodical with an even damage curve and long build up, on basically all the prominent build variants. That's before we even get to the lore vs game dead horse schnitzel.

WB is probably at it's best when you hit max level, but starts getting matched/outpaced, when you get to the Vanq-Invader gear range.(can depend)

SS I'd say at bare minimum you need full Vanquisher with the sentinel dagger.

Sarnai

Post#5 » Sat May 08, 2021 12:22 am

Defensive WEs are great at terrorizing keeps, frustrating order expecting an easy kill on a squishy mdps, and leading the opens in WE groups. Draw aggro by opening first, have your fellow WEs with glass cannon builds delay their opens and boom, easy rr.
WH looking for gunbad left

vianiznice

Post#6 » Sat May 08, 2021 12:45 am

Just keep at it, I just came back from a few year hiatus and Im really liking the tweaks they've done. Have to say though, it's harsh being a gearlet again.

You have to train your eyes to spot easy victims : P

Rumpel

Post#7 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:02 am

You also can watch Aurreks Twitch Stream . Allot to learn there and also Krimas Solo Ranked Vids here in the Forum are motivating.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Evilest

Post#8 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:20 am

SS is ok vs some squishies but anything with mediumish armor it's quite useless (happy to be proven otherwise, not AW). I've been trying it along with WB and uuhh.. WB :D at the cost of the KB coming from the randomish FTHQ.

You patch a bit the uselessness of SS attack speed buff given enemy armor and the kisses ICD, but you still have to contend with the WB ICD plus the crit related stuff that does not synergize at all with WB (and its comparative puny damage after 39). As well, hitting so many times with little damage just helps enemies proc stuff that works against you.

On the plus side squishies don't punt you away as much as there's no RA to wait for.

(Going for SS plus Carnage to at least BE means losing EoS and/or BLB; BLB could be tolerable but losing EoS just for 3s worth of auto attack with 50% armor pen.. ugh)

Ads
Cloud89

Post#9 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:48 pm

I have a 22 WE and I have come to read this post a few times in hopes that it’ll boost my spirits. I have been having such a hard time in scenarios with the WE. Tier 1 I played aggressive and went as glass cannon as I could. Tier 2 I went more defensive in hopes that I could stay on target better. It doesn’t seem to help, I just so frustrated, I don’t expect to lead the damage meters or anything but I would like to be able to attack and put some people down while I am playing. I few like this game doesn’t really allow for one player to put people down, not that I am complaining but when I attack someone from stealth who’s 50% health I figure they should go down relatively easy. Sometimes I feel like a tank without any damage at all sometimes I feel like I am unstoppable with 4-5 solo kills in a match and most times I feel like I am a chicken running around trying to not die. I don’t know if I want an answer, might have just needed to vent.

Martok

Post#10 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:40 pm

Shugga wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 pmSo far I have to say, I am not really feeling it, I really don't feel powerful at all haha.

If you enjoy the class keep playing it and don't worry about what the Karen's have to say.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...