Recent Topics

Ads

WE max burst with new balance patch?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Thunderbragi

WE max burst with new balance patch?

Post#1 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:31 pm

Hi there

So i asking my self whats the best to go with builds/items for max, fast burst to kill solo targets. Without defense just full glascanon to kill something in stun time or little bit longer and run kite.

I got 5 sov (head, shoulder, chest, back, ring) 2 sentinel (hands, ring) 2 triumphant (tail, boots) 2 warrior ring
Fortres and bloodlord dager

St/melee power and armor pots

RA is nerfed? Or is it just a thing to max burst?

Ads
Zxul

Re: WE max burst with new balance patch?

Post#2 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:12 pm

RA is double nerfed- both the dmg on RA directly, and armor pen on BE tactic. Witchbrew isn't directly bursty, though you can always use Witchbrew, then get 1 bloodlust point and use RA to get Witchbrew off. It takes time to build though, and won't kill anyone by itself (most maxed out Witchbrew with all tactics ticks for 700 or so, 1 you already get off while getting 1 bloodlust point, so 5 * 700 = 3500 Witchbrew dmg during RA).

Generally going all glass cannon you can kill glass build unguarded unhealed target. However you won't kill anyone specced for solo- target with 800+ toughness will survive your opening during KD just fine, then detaunt/ punt/ KD/ stagger you, then pot up and proceed to show you why glass cannon is a bad idea.

Basically, WE isn't a WL, and it doesn't has WL's frontal burst.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

yamiyuri707

Post#3 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:50 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:12 pm RA is double nerfed- both the dmg on RA directly, and armor pen on BE tactic. Witchbrew isn't directly bursty, though you can always use Witchbrew, then get 1 bloodlust point and use RA to get Witchbrew off. It takes time to build though, and won't kill anyone by itself (most maxed out Witchbrew with all tactics ticks for 700 or so, 1 you already get off while getting 1 bloodlust point, so 5 * 700 = 3500 Witchbrew dmg during RA).

Generally going all glass cannon you can kill glass build unguarded unhealed target. However you won't kill anyone specced for solo- target with 800+ toughness will survive your opening during KD just fine, then detaunt/ punt/ KD/ stagger you, then pot up and proceed to show you why glass cannon is a bad idea.

Thats why they should delet this class: Assassin class that cant critical an kill anything even full geared, an cant get any protect from kb/kd
Even a chosen that suposed to be a tank can get 15% crit tatic wihtout needin to wait morale

Zxul

Post#4 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:55 pm

yamiyuri707 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:50 pm
Zxul wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:12 pm RA is double nerfed- both the dmg on RA directly, and armor pen on BE tactic. Witchbrew isn't directly bursty, though you can always use Witchbrew, then get 1 bloodlust point and use RA to get Witchbrew off. It takes time to build though, and won't kill anyone by itself (most maxed out Witchbrew with all tactics ticks for 700 or so, 1 you already get off while getting 1 bloodlust point, so 5 * 700 = 3500 Witchbrew dmg during RA).

Thats why they should delet this class: Assassin class that cant critical an kill anything even full geared, an cant get any protect from kb/kd
Even a chosen that suposed to be a tank can get 15% crit tatic wihtout needin to wait morale
WE can kill fine, just not with frontal burst during KD. And WE does a bit more dmg than a chosen lol. Not to mention other stuff which WE has, like for example double heal debuff.

WE just isn't "burst them from stealth assassin", not to mention that in original lore WE is about frontal dmg/ poisons, and not about stealth.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Faction69

Post#5 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:43 am

I play dps WE. Best pure burst spec right now would be maxing out right tree for agonizing wound damage and middle tree up until heal debuff. (though I don't recommend it)

When it comes to pure burst, no finisher is actually worth using. The only scenario where a finisher will do more damage in 1 GCD than Agonizing Wound is if a 5 point puncture crits both hits on a low armor target, which is such a rare situation that it's not even worth thinking about. Ruthless Assault is also worth using to kill healers, though that's the only situation where it's actually good.

On anyone not defensively geared, AW crits for 1500+ in decent gear (assuming you are only using flanking and not stacking further dmg increase tactics), and your autoattack damage is also quite significant on top of it.

It's not as good as DPS WH since they have better finishers and better defensive cooldowns, but it is playable, though it doesn't feel very good because you literally just should not use finishers unless your opponent leaves melee range.

Personally I'm now playing 0/13/9, Witchbrew+kd but with dps gear. You get people low in a KD on the opener with 2 agonizing wounds during the stun, then use a 5 point witchbrew to ensure the kill. Tactics: flanking/160 str/crit damage/either Sacrifices Rewarded or 25% speed boost depending on situation.
In terms of prolonged single target damage - ie any fight where you can get witchbrew up and actually use all the charges - dps WE is probably the best class in the game right now. Unlike WH who are forced into skipping their incoming heal debuff, you can actually provide your own healing debuff too.

If you want NOTHING but burst as you said, then take 15% dmg on opener from right tree as well, and use it with Flanking/160 str/crit dmg. This gives you the max possible burst potential though it will have trouble fighting more than 1 opponent or anyone who survives your burst (and anyone who is willing to use double potion will survive it)

Thunderbragi

Post#6 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:29 am

I dont use 160st tactic, just on soft cap with st. With all things on. The other tactics are the same like you said. 15%dmg for shadow, mayem, flanking, and 15% more dmg for frenzi. But in this time, you just kill only afk ppl in enemy keep with that. Not realy burst some one away

Corlis

Post#7 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:11 am

Hey,

Personally I found the following build to be the most enjoyable to my taste so far :

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 41,523,521

RR is max crit, 2 fs and leftover into wounds mostly.

With slow weapons, you have nice auto attack hits after Eiop+Pa and Ra is still useful after the nerfs to hit something from range.

Still won't kill anyone in a kd, but works nice for me overall.

Cheers
Anyuci - Witch elf
Lpt - Chosen

Miszczu5647

Post#8 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:34 pm

I am going with something like this currently ( as I despise regen build)
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 51,523,521
Not that it mean anything but I can see crits on tanks around 1,5k. And it's fun then.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Ads
geezereur

Post#9 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:59 pm

Corlis wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:11 am Hey,

Personally I found the following build to be the most enjoyable to my taste so far :

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 41,523,521

RR is max crit, 2 fs and leftover into wounds mostly.

With slow weapons, you have nice auto attack hits after Eiop+Pa and Ra is still useful after the nerfs to hit something from range.

Still won't kill anyone in a kd, but works nice for me overall.

Cheers
I use this build to but I have Tob and Frienzed mayhem tactics instead of brute force and flanking its still decent but ofc it got nerfed alot.
I dont feel you need max str.

Miszczu5647 posted a decent build to I really like the Elixir of Shadow mixed with Masterful Treachery.

BoriqOne

Post#10 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:17 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:55 pm
yamiyuri707 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:50 pm

WE can kill fine, just not with frontal burst during KD. And WE does a bit more dmg than a chosen lol. Not to mention other stuff which WE has, like for example double heal debuff.

WE just isn't "burst them from stealth assassin", not to mention that in original lore WE is about frontal dmg/ poisons, and not about stealth.
WE is darn good, no i'll say it better . it's the best class in the entire game. know how to use here, have fun abusing all to your hearts content. Order has nothing compared, and can't do much against her....just vanish and restart your kill. so easy. enjoy the abuse. asking for anything more is just MADNESS !