WE max burst with new balance patch?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
akisnaakkeli
Posts: 172

Re: WE max burst with new balance patch?

Post#11 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:48 pm

We annoyingly doesnt have better finisher now than WB. SS doesnt grant 50% AA dmg anymore and armour pene was nerfed by 25% taking away 1700 slice crits. Bring the AA dmg to SS back at least so there is some alternatives to WB. And Bring original Frenzied Mayhem back, and buff finisher dmg because everything is overnerfed. On my WE Pierce Armor does some dmg maybe 100 more when hitting on debuffed target than Slice does and it shouldnt be this way, 5pt puncture should also be about double the dmg of anything WE has so there is point to using them.

Ads
User avatar
Avanos
Posts: 60

Re: WE max burst with new balance patch?

Post#12 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:03 pm

"Warfare
Witch Elves are the most bloodthirsty of the Dark Elves, and are no less vicious in battle than they are elsewhere. They do not carry shields, caring nothing for their own protection, and are armed with sharp swords and long knives whose edges are dipped in venom.[2a] On the eve of war, Witch Elves drink blood laced with poisonous herbs, driving them into a divine frenzy. Whilst in this god-touched state, the Witch Elves (already foregoing shields) give no thought to their own defence, and seek only to hack foes apart in a blood-drenched orgy of slaughter.[1a]

Once battle begins, the Witch Elves hurl themselves at their foes, ripping apart their enemies with a storm of poisoned blades.[2a] There is little grace to such an assault, merely a whirling flurry of venom-coated blades that slash at the foe with maddened fury.[1a] Those foes unfortunate enough to not succumb to their wound are rounded up by the Witch Elves after the battle to serve as gruesome sacrifices. Those enemies unfortunate enough to survive their wounds are rounded up by the Witch Elves at the battle's end. These poor souls are torn apart in wild victory celebrations as gruesome sacrifices, their blood offered in libation to the ever-thirsting Lord of Murder.[1a][2a]"
Unfortunately Witch Elves on RoR are a far cry from what they are meant to be. They should be a MAX damage, zero defense character, but in the name of balance they have gutted it to bring it more in line with the other classes.

That being said - if you are still unable to utilize WE properly, you really need to take a look at things you are doing wrong.
1. Situational Awareness - Keep an eye on your surroundings. If you are building max burst, you will have no defense or escapes to get away from a skilled group. Try and attack solo targets only and function in areas where you have decent escape routes. Try not to gank near larger groups that can just kill you in mere seconds.
2. Target Selection - Squishes that are straggling from their groups, prioritize Bright Wizards, Shadow Warriors, DPS Archmages, Engineers, Witch Hunters. Stay away from most tanks, Rune-priests, warrior priests, and especially higher RR white lions. These generally are more difficult to kill unless they are complete idiots and don't know how to play the class. Keep a mental note of player names so you know who you can and cannot kill. You have stealth - use it to your advantage.
3. Opening Rotation - I won't go into detail with opening rotations (trade secrets =D) but you need to figure out a rotation for situational use. The same rotation that you use for an SW will not work on an AM. Despite all the nerfs - you can still hit (with some good luck) upwards of a 9-10k burst in a single KD, although it is VERY inconsistent.
Veretta the Witch Elf

F4llen4ngel
Posts: 46
Contact:

Re: WE max burst with new balance patch?

Post#13 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:45 pm

@BoriqOne Umm you should try to play one actually.
Bicska this Bicska that

jafh123
Posts: 24

Re: WE max burst with new balance patch?

Post#14 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:12 pm

Love killin' em.

- Gilgam

Faction69
Posts: 53

Re: WE max burst with new balance patch?

Post#15 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:24 am

akisnaakkeli wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:48 pm We annoyingly doesnt have better finisher now than WB. SS doesnt grant 50% AA dmg anymore and armour pene was nerfed by 25% taking away 1700 slice crits. Bring the AA dmg to SS back at least so there is some alternatives to WB. And Bring original Frenzied Mayhem back, and buff finisher dmg because everything is overnerfed. On my WE Pierce Armor does some dmg maybe 100 more when hitting on debuffed target than Slice does and it shouldnt be this way, 5pt puncture should also be about double the dmg of anything WE has so there is point to using them.
Yea the lack of a good finisher aside from WB for DPS WE feels awful. You build all that crit/str/melee power/armor pen etc just to use an ability that doesn't scale with any of it.

Miszczu5647
Posts: 447

Re: WE max burst with new balance patch?

Post#16 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:54 pm

Lack of good finisher was always a problem. With old Frenzied Mayhem best in term of dps was AW spam. Boooooooooring on AoR, booring here. That's why Torque rework some skills and tactics. And for some time WE had nice 2 or even 3 builds. Now we back to AW or this grotesque regen.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

akisnaakkeli
Posts: 172

Re: WE max burst with new balance patch?

Post#17 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:46 pm

I Cant post quoting but here is copy pasted what i tried to post : D
Faction69 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:24 am
akisnaakkeli wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:48 pm We annoyingly doesnt have better finisher now than WB. SS doesnt grant 50% AA dmg anymore and armour pene was nerfed by 25% taking away 1700 slice crits. Bring the AA dmg to SS back at least so there is some alternatives to WB. And Bring original Frenzied Mayhem back, and buff finisher dmg because everything is overnerfed. On my WE Pierce Armor does some dmg maybe 100 more when hitting on debuffed target than Slice does and it shouldnt be this way, 5pt puncture should also be about double the dmg of anything WE has so there is point to using them.
Yea the lack of a good finisher aside from WB for DPS WE feels awful. You build all that crit/str/melee power/armor pen etc just to use an ability that doesn't scale with any of it.
Yeah. In Aor WB did scale off str and therefore did critical dmg,might have been aoe as well dont remember. WL Leonine Frenzy same thing in Aor, affected by str and did critical dmg, But Leonine Frenzy is 13pts in petpath and pet = CRIT for wl so it really should crit.

Also WE in Aor Frenzied Mayhem was 3% crit per 1 career point so 15% crit while 5 so you could just stay there, but double crit puncture was very possible and did insane dmg so finishers were easily usable just for the dmg alone. Also WE finishers are double hitters and each hit could proc kisses in Aor, not sure if possible after Rework in RoR though i hope. Imo WE/WH should both lose the speed buff from Sancti Oil/Elixir of Shadows and make it 4 sec insta stealth ignoring gcd like it is now but no speed buffs for stealth classes.

RoR has too easy ways to negate critical dmg in most cases to close 0 hits just from renown alone and RoR doesnt have 4% Crit Shoulder jewelry, and all 3% crit pieces are changed to 1% maybe 2%. There is no 7% Crit bloodlord staff and 5% Crit 1handers. Also 5% crit was 4 pts bonus for anni merce ruin and +2 career points was 5th bonus. That is the way it should be and there shouldnt be +2 on best gear in the game but exactly anni red eye conq lvl sets if its there at all. Maybe just give everyone 30rr points to use at rr70 instead of 29.

Best sets in game should have (like in Aor all except tanks got Crit dmg increase set bonus and most tanks got at least Onslaught 4pc proc in Wpns. LikeKotbs and Slayer i remember that got 1h and 2h with 12%/9% Critical dmg/Critical rate from RvR influence T4-Elf but no procs in RoR;/ , some got 2 even which stacked on my SH for example to 38% Crit dmg increase and 19% Crit. Sove 7pc bonus + 66dps bow from first iteration of city siege(all of them had procs)

BoriqOne
Posts: 24

Re: WE max burst with new balance patch?

Post#18 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:43 am

F4llen4ngel wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:45 pm @BoriqOne Umm you should try to play one actually.
i understand they are easier than a WH, which is the weaker version on the other faction, now they might be tolerable, like a WH has ALWAYS been to destruction.
i have to add, there is no need to play one when i have played on the other faction and have first hand seen and felt what they are capable of. they were too damn strong, but what would a Destro player know if he's not on the other end of her dagger's ?

Ads
F4llen4ngel
Posts: 46
Contact:

Re: WE max burst with new balance patch?

Post#19 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:40 am

BoriqOne wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:43 am
F4llen4ngel wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:45 pm @BoriqOne Umm you should try to play one actually.
i understand they are easier than a WH, which is the weaker version on the other faction, now they might be tolerable, like a WH has ALWAYS been to destruction.
i have to add, there is no need to play one when i have played on the other faction and have first hand seen and felt what they are capable of. they were too damn strong, but what would a Destro player know if he's not on the other end of her dagger's ?
I have both 80+ :)
Bicska this Bicska that

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests