Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] The Workshop (builds, guides, and discussion)

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
porkstar

Re: [Engineer] The Workshop (builds, guides, and discussion)

Post#51 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:57 am

This is with the lower WS. I guess the planets can still align.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Ads
Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#52 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:59 pm

Eventually i fixed all icons from Starting Abilities and Abilities Gained From Trainers and all of their descriptions.
http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/E ... _abilities
Enjoy.
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

porkstar

Post#53 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:10 am

Razielhell wrote:Eventually i fixed all icons from Starting Abilities and Abilities Gained From Trainers and all of their descriptions.
http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/E ... _abilities
Enjoy.
Really nice work Raziel! I still haven't gotten around to digging out those old SS of PQ rewards.
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave

porkstar

Post#54 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:35 am

What are people doing for builds at 35? Exactly how many more mastery points will we gain? Someone was mentioning that engie will be much more powerful but they logged before I got the chance to ask why. I'm not really seeing a huge improvement. Maybe I'm missing something?
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave

Karast

Post#55 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:14 am

Well we get 3 more points and this opens up some interesting options.

for example keg snipe spec

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=eng ... :;;0:0:0:0:

With 3 more points a lot of hybrid specs become more doable.

I really like flaming death.

The biggest difference for rifle specs though is fighting chance at 33. The bs / ws / - toughness tactic. This is a big game changer for rifle engi's it makes WS stacking more doable. You should now be able to get 550 -600ish WS while keeping cap BS. There are also new 35 items that have good dps stats. Spanners with good BS and WS, you don't have to make a trade off.

I will put up a few more builds later, at the moment I have having too much fun with keg sniper.

porkstar

Post#56 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:22 pm

Karast wrote:Well we get 3 more points and this opens up some interesting options.

for example keg snipe spec

With 3 more points a lot of hybrid specs become more doable.

I really like flaming death.

The biggest difference for rifle specs though is fighting chance at 33. The bs / ws / - toughness tactic. This is a big game changer for rifle engi's it makes WS stacking more doable. You should now be able to get 550 -600ish WS while keeping cap BS. There are also new 35 items that have good dps stats. Spanners with good BS and WS, you don't have to make a trade off.

I will put up a few more builds later, at the moment I have having too much fun with keg sniper.
Awesome thank you. I wasn't sure if we were getting 21 or 20 pts. (The builder says lvl 36 so wasn't totally sure)
I looked at FC as well and will def be looking into WS stack again.
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave

Karast

Post#57 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:53 pm

It's 21 with RR40

Karast

Post#58 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:16 am

I am currently doing some number crunching on the various dps tactics available, thanks to the rank increase, to find out what is actually the best tactic combination for dps'ing in a ST build.

I am currently looking to test: trench fighting, hollow points, handcrafted scope, masterful aim, fighting chance, tracer rounds, expert skirmisher, and maybe (well oiled machine).

At the moment I am looking at base damage on lone abilities (does trench fighting give a bigger damage boost with it's 15% at 45ft then having a pure stat tactic like masterful aim, or fighting chance?), and then at a set intervals, maybe over 20-30 seconds, I.E. you drop your turret and start your rotation, what gives your more dps in a 30 second period.

I am currently tossing this stuff into an excel, and when I finish up I will post it on here. But does anyone have any suggestions for additional tests? I am debating trying to do WS, but I am not sure if it is worth the expense of WS tali's to max out. I could do a duelist vs devastator if people are interested.

Ads
Azhag

Post#59 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:18 pm

What about magnet gear, brother dwarves? Are you gearing BS/critical also or going for some survivability? I find toughness completely useless as stat, unless you are a S/B tank in ORvR, so Duelist set looks completely pointless. The option is to get 18% parrying/disrupt and dodge for renown points and fill some armor talismans, but i am not sure if it'll make a big difference compared to BS ones.

Asmunder — 83+ IB
Asmundor — 82+ Chosen
Asmundus — 78+ KotBS
Asmundarion — 75+ SM
Asmundag — 73+ BO

And lots of other Asmund* toons.

Karast

Post#60 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Azhag wrote:What about magnet gear, brother dwarves? Are you gearing BS/critical also or going for some survivability? I find toughness completely useless as stat, unless you are a S/B tank in ORvR, so Duelist set looks completely pointless. The option is to get 18% parrying/disrupt and dodge for renown points and fill some armor talismans, but i am not sure if it'll make a big difference compared to BS ones.
Armor is a little better than toughness, I would say, as long as your toughness is over 200. You don't want to get negative numbers from a debuff.

To do dps go crit. Crit is really nice in a tinker spec. Friction burn / lightning rod do good damage, great with M2 with a acid bomb, and bit of blunderbuss or firebomb spam. You have a lot of dot's and tick hitting so crit does wonders for your dps.

You can put the extra points in dodge disrupt, since your BS should be fine with just MA / tali"s, and a potion. You can even double up with MA / Fighting chance and be above cap on BS if you don't mind the toughness loss.

Both devastator and duelist are good sets. DPS stat wise there isn't a huge difference, but the armor buff proc on duelist stacks with potions / other buffs so it will put you above 3k, which is great mitigation for melee. The armor debuff is also good on deva if you got guard.