Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] Any new thoughts on Rune priest play?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Shalktonin

Re: [RP] Any new thoughts on Rune priest play?

Post#21 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Why does no one spec valaya? i'm wondering because the absorb and one of the heals is in that line and since we don't get that many heals i thought a tri spec or even valaya spec would help boost healing all i see here are RP specs wanting to be DD specs....
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Ads
dansari

Post#22 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:58 pm

Simple answer I believe is because there's no core abilities that you're beefing up by putting points into middle tree that would be worth beefing. Your big single target heal and your flash heal are both in left tree, along with the AP rune and the stagger, and the right tree increases the efficiency for your group heal and has the absorb tactic. Having a lackluster offensive healing dot isn't worth it right now.
<Salt Factory>

Shalktonin

Post#23 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Ok thank you Dan i appreciate that response. I'll keep that in mind as i level up my RP.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Elio

Post#24 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:15 am

I've been having a lot of fun going full "glass cannon healer" with my RP; all in on willpower and the +15% healing crit from renown. It's kinda rough when you're pugging (before you know how to play as a piece of paper), but running with a guild Warband or a 6-man there have been plenty of times where the extra healing/crit is the difference between party wipes and some epic times.

Gear - Full anni, Conq belt

Talis - All willpower 20+, save for one armor tali in staff

Build - RoR.builders - Runepriest

Renown - RP RR 47

Accessories - 2pc. winds impervious + some random beads for the +AP. 3pc impervious seems like the way to go though.

Not joke... you feel super squishy, but you've got some sexy healing if you can stay alive. You'll quickly learn to position well, and, as long as the the SC isn't a stomp, you shouldn't die more than once or twice. The 'theory' behind this (if you can even call it that) is that defensive stats are wasted if you're not actively being attacked. "But a dead healer can't heal at all," you say. True. I've no response. Just hope destro doesn't notice you're the most fragile little snowflake that ever did flutter into Serpent's Passage.

PS: If you really want to be lazy swap out the +AP master rune (Rune of Fury) for the +Healing master rune (Rune of Adamant) and laugh as you have HoTs ticking 24/7. One-Hundred-Percent the 'wrong' way to play, the AP rune's utility far surpasses the extra 30k or so healing Adamants adds, but... big numbers.

<3