Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Whats a dwarf to do.

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
szejoza

Re: [Slayer] Whats a dwarf to do.

Post#11 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:00 pm

I didn't play second build as I don't have enough gear yet, I just keep it for testing in the future :)
My theory behind it is you have bigger uptime of +25% dmg and 25% attack speed (with Push for More tactic), it goes especially useful when you knockdown your enemy (which burns your berserk in the process). My playstyle depends heavily on exhaustive blows, but I still want to have control over my berserk.

As for Fierce Might I believe it works best with RoA. But as I'm not playing it and I don't like to depend on uncontrollable burst Id rather take flat dmg/as increase
Spoiler:

Ads
Glorian

Post#12 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Blatantly building in some Advertisements.
Each Wednesday at 8pm /time we run with a dwarf warband.

If you bring your Slayer you wil get guard and heals for free. ;)

nebelwerfer

Post#13 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:32 pm

I hereby summon darosh

Search for him OP and view his post history, he is pretty much a guru on slayer

flatfoot1987

Post#14 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:59 pm

I remember reading some of his posts which are, well, so thorough.

Tbh I don't get it how it is possible to play a slayer without going red most of the time. The pressure isn't hard enough. It's like having a supercar and driving it at 40 mph all the time :p

That also brings another issue about stacking armor as a slayer which a lot of people suggest - it seems to be pointless to me. When you invest in traditional defense like armor and toughness you'll inevitably gimp your offense to the point when you're neither tough nor hard hitting.

Dodge/disrupt, parry, RD - that's mandatory imo. Maybe some initiative but not toughness and armor.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

szejoza

Post#15 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:53 am

That also brings another issue about stacking armor as a slayer which a lot of people suggest - it seems to be pointless to me. When you invest in traditional defense like armor and toughness you'll inevitably gimp your offense to the point when you're neither tough nor hard hitting.

Dodge/disrupt, parry, RD - that's mandatory imo. Maybe some initiative but not toughness and armor.
Exactly my thoughts after yesterday roam. I dropped Ancestral Inheritance to see how I would fare without that extra armor and to my surprise I didn't feel any more squishier than I already was. Ofc I'm keeping my parry/dodge/disrupt high but dropped the extra armor
Spoiler:

tionblack

Post#16 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Hello as a fellow fresh slayer i want to say something from the experiences ive learnt so far
drop the crit,get max parry rest into deft defender ( if u do rvr and scenarios ) ,and make sure you have max 6-7 chance to be critted ( invest into futile strikes 2 points or even 3 ) ,keep your initiative 200ish even more if u can cause when u get debuffed by SH or BO 90 init loss ccreates a huge impact on your chance to be crited rating.

About Fierce Might i love what tactic does but if you play with a group u wont drop down to low hp %s to benefit from it thus making your crit rate useless.I would not invest into crit in dps classses unlesss you have % crit damage increase tactics.

Im soon to have 4th dominator for 520 more armor plus 660 dwarven racial tactic that is one great addition to defence especially against HEAVY MEEELE setups.(mara debuff,demolishing strike ((m1)) will hurt you )).

I really want to make use of Fierce Might but so far i see its viable only in solo SPEC with RUNE OF ABSORPTION crit heals myself for 1200 or so maybe more depending on my health ratio. But then again id go for parry,futile strikes,deft defender instead of meele crit renown rank to survive more hence keeping the battle going on.

I am also running Push for more, ancestral inheritance,brute force, wild gambit. and so far works for me with the classical skaven slayer heal debuff setup with ID.Awaiting legit build advices for solo and respects to everyone!

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

szejoza

Post#17 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:50 am

tionblack wrote:stuff
Fierce might is good as long as your healers know to keep you at 80-90% and not maxed out, if you are maxed then it's a waste (and from my experience most of the times you are either maxed or dead as a slayers, the time when you are between 0-100% is too short to waste a tactic on it x). Pretty much I agree with everything you write about it here

Last week I got my 4 parts of Dominator gear also and it works like a charm, from bonus armor I can free up one tactic slot from ancestral inheritance (or stack both for more armor but tbh I'm mostly getting killed by rdps so I'm not stacking armor too much). My chance to be crit is around 4-5% atm and I noticed significant improvement in my survivability.

Last week and last few days I was checking my usual tactics combo (WIld Gambit, Brute Force, Push for More) with Flanking and... Power Through

My observations so far - Flanking is better in solo (if your reactions are fast enough to confuse the opponent and be behind him most of the time), 15% dmg is not something to be laughed at. In warbands it was to dependent on the situation, and I don't like to depend on chances too much :D overall, before that I was using some other tactics but if not for Power Through my next pick would be Flanking.

Two words about Power Through - in warbands, spamming wild swing every 5 seconds is overkill, honestly, it deals so much damage and combined with shatter limbs and onslaught/flurry you become aoe machine. We all know the downside of it, but let's be honest, once you get focused by more than one dd you will drop down fast, even without being enraged.
For solo play tho I now see it as mandatory skill, against other dps classes it's dps race, and we have nice skills that can hinder enemy ways of killing us faster but cost rage to use like Enervating Blow or even Incapacitate and PT let's us use it one after another and still contributing from PFM tactic. Against healers - again DPS race. Against tanks? Well, it's 3 options: Rampage and kill, Snare/KD and run or die :D
So far I'm enjoying Power Through tactics, and well, I'm still dying a lot so at least I'm walking away with more kills now

edit: about build I don't think there are any more useful builds for dual wield than regular DW/SL/ID or FMtactics+RoA. I'm gonna test 2h as I got my hands on subjugator weapon but I still don't know what kind of build I'll aim for
Spoiler:

Faef

Post#18 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:36 pm

I have rolled a slayer and got the long process of lvling him up ahead of me yet, but I did have a rr60 slayer on live.

I was using power through and then using anything I could to offset the negatives of constantly being in red.

I found rune of absorption handy for this (when solo), I would always save my incapacitate for when I wanted to use this (then you can get a decent couple of hits in at least), that with plenty of pots tended to work.

You have access to plenty of snares so staying on target shouldnt be a problem, never underestimate the ability of staying at an opponents back when you can control their speed. Anyway will be interesting to see what works still on here compared to live.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#19 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:28 pm

Would power through and slaughter work well?
Alea iacta est

szejoza

Post#20 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:31 pm

Not really, you are losing important tactic slot here, if you are hungry on AP then PT with Determination can work well (considering you are in warband and using wild swing as mad)
Spoiler: