Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa vs Slayer

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
xOnelovex

Choppa vs Slayer

Post#1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:09 pm

hello all!

Started playing RoR Monday of this week. I've tested several classes and I'm wanting to play choppa mainly because a friend is deadset on playing greenskins.

At this point, after reading through builds, forum posts, asking in game, and the RoR career builder...is there a point to play choppa over slayer? or is it essentially, if i'm destro then choppa is my only option? As it stands currently, I'm thinking about telling my buddy that we have to play order. I'm usually one for a challenge but this one seems...absurd to put it lightly.

Am I reading too much into things? What am I missing? I'm posting this in dwarf forums as well because I'm trying to get the most informed answers I can! THanks!

-Onelove

Ads
Fallenkezef

Re: Choppa vs Slayer

Post#2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:54 am

It does seem that Slayers get better tree skills. Choppa can build better for crits, but if you are going a crit route you may aswell just roll a WE.
Alea iacta est

Krima

Post#3 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:32 am

Rampage > drops da basha
Push for more > get stuck in
AOE SLAYER > AOE CHOPPA

choppa looks good and more chalenging to play ..
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

trebla
Banned

Post#4 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:50 am

Fallenkezef wrote:It does seem that Slayers get better tree skills. Choppa can build better for crits, but if you are going a crit route you may aswell just roll a WE.
The same misinformed comments that permeate through these forum. Anecdotal comment should be preface with "in my opinion". The classes are completely group dependent. A group built around the class and tree all "in my opinion" make them viable / or not if group is not built to support it.

Fallenkezef

Post#5 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:01 am

trebla wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:It does seem that Slayers get better tree skills. Choppa can build better for crits, but if you are going a crit route you may aswell just roll a WE.
The same misinformed comments that permeate through these forum. Anecdotal comment should be preface with "in my opinion". The classes are completely group dependent. A group built around the class and tree all "in my opinion" make them viable / or not if group is not built to support it.
By definition everything posted by a person is their opinion....
Alea iacta est

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:14 am

Saying built around a group really dosnt mean much as all classes espically mdps can succeed fine with group support

All it shows is just how gimped chop/slayer is without a pocket guard, healer, and armor debuff

But for that level of "investment" you don't get anything particarily impressive in return

Panzerkasper

Post#7 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:17 am

It does not "seem", it is fact, that the slayer gets better skills in this trees.

As for the crit build, you need full Conq and 2xSubj to get a halfway decent amount of crit without beeing reliant on crit debuffs.
Before that, your crit amount lingers at around 4%. Ofc you can sink rr points into crit, but thats a pretty heavy investment better spent otherwise.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Axerker

Post#8 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:30 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
It does not "seem", it is fact, that the slayer gets better skills in this trees.

As for the crit build, you need full Conq and 2xSubj to get a halfway decent amount of crit without beeing reliant on crit debuffs.
Before that, your crit amount lingers at around 4%. Ofc you can sink rr points into crit, but thats a pretty heavy investment better spent otherwise.
Choppas get auto-crit anytime they are Blocked/Parried, so the reliance on crit is less, letting them build more Strength over Crit. This is also the reason why Slayer has 100% bypass Parry/Block, while Choppa only get 50%. I WANT you to Block/Parry me, so for the next 3 seconds I automatically crit you to punish you for it.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Slayer also gets the 50% parry/block strikethrough, Numbing Strike. Less useful when you have Rampage, yes, but you can also use it during those 10 seconds of rampage downtime.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Fallenkezef

Post#10 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Slayer has a place, both a 2h and dual build each bring to the table something you dont get from a WL.

It does seem hard to find summat the Choppa does that a Mara cant do.
Alea iacta est