Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
CountTalabecland
Posts: 553

Re: [Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Post#61 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:44 pm

So with the nerf to ID, it doesn't seem to be worth bringing any more in an AoE wb play build. If I am trying to consistently throw down AoE now I just keep spamming Flurry +accuracy and no escape. I figure even with the 20% base dmg reduction (which should be removed to compensate for the loss of ID but that's another topic) I am still capable of throwing down the same aoe on 9 targets as the now weak sauce ID is likely to do.And if I'm not doing damage I might as well be useful and spam shatter limbs and no escape and Gudrun's. Thoughts?

I have messed around with 2h recently but I feel obligated as Order's last viable melee option in wb play to bring skavenslayer.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/74) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/35) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/77) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Sulorie
Posts: 4873

Re: [Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Post#62 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:07 pm

CountTalabecland wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:44 pm
So with the nerf to ID, it doesn't seem to be worth bringing any more in an AoE wb play build. If I am trying to consistently throw down AoE now I just keep spamming Flurry +accuracy and no escape. I figure even with the 20% base dmg reduction (which should be removed to compensate for the loss of ID but that's another topic) I am still capable of throwing down the same aoe on 9 targets as the now weak sauce ID is likely to do.And if I'm not doing damage I might as well be useful and spam shatter limbs and no escape and Gudrun's. Thoughts?

I have messed around with 2h recently but I feel obligated as Order's last viable melee option in wb play to bring skavenslayer.
Don't you know, that the aoe dmg of ID is still the same? Only the direct dmg component on the player you target was reduced.
Dying is no option.

Elio
Posts: 51

Re: [Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Post#63 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:59 pm

I've been taking a break from the game for a bit, but once I'm back I'll update the guide.

As to your point Count, I REALLY disagree. Before I took a break I was making sure to log damage done (and all those nitty gritty bits) for damage in WB play. ID is still top dog, and you'd be a fool not to take it in that setting. However, I do agree that the past patches have necessitated some changes to the cookie cutter build.

With Spine Crusher being moved to middle tree, Reckless Gamble scaling w/ rage, Violent Impacts being reworked, and Detaunt dropping rage I think the best "cookie cutter" slayer build for WB play is 0/10/15. I pick up VI in the middle tree and ID, Shatter Limbs, and No Escape in the right. And for tactics I run Brute Force, Wild Gambit, Riposte, and Violent Impacts. Subbing out Riposte for Flanking when need be.

I hardly ever flurry in WB unless we're funneling or something along those lines. I rotate Onslaught, No Escape, Wild Swing, and ID while pumping ST with Knockdown,Spine Crusher, and Pulv Strike. But I'll elaborate more when I have time to play again/edit the guide.

Hope that helps some! - Yir
Last edited by Elio on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elio
Posts: 51

Re: [Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Post#64 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:02 pm

michela89 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:07 pm
I have a couple of things I needed to know about the Slayer:

do you guys use the Toughness and WS buffs? they seem quite pointless to me, like use it or not it doesn't change a thing actually. Maybe the WS buff if I am in a HEAVY melee group for some reason but yea...
I use the Toughness buff and the AP buff all the time (not exactly on cool down but close to it). The WS buff is ONLY for PvE; remember it debuffs your Init by as much as it buffs WS. It's a deathtrap.

User avatar
CountTalabecland
Posts: 553

Re: [Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Post#65 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:33 pm

Spoiler:
Elio wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:59 pm
I've been taking a break from the game for a bit, but once I'm back I'll update the guide.

As to your point Count, I REALLY disagree. Before I took a break I was making sure to log damage done (and all those nitty gritty bits) for damage in WB play. ID is still top dog, and you'd be a fool not to take it in that setting. However, I do agree that the past patches have necessitated some changes to the cookie cutter build.

With Spine Crusher being moved to middle tree, Reckless Gamble scaling w/ rage, Violent Impacts being reworked, and Detaunt dropping rage I think the best "cookie cutter" slayer build for WB play is 0/10/15. I pick up VI in the middle tree and ID, Shatter Limbs, and No Escape in the right. And for tactics I run Brute Force, Wild Gambit, Riposte, and Violent Impacts. Subbing out Riposte for Flanking when need be.

I hardly ever flurry in WB unless we're funneling or something along those lines. I rotate Onslaught, No Escape, Wild Swing, and ID while pumping ST with Knockdown,Spine Crusher, and Pulv Strike. But I'll elaborate more when I have time to play again/edit the guide.

Hope that helps some! - Yir
Thanks, that actually helped a lot. Dropping standard rampage/wound debuff for Giantslayer/skavenslayer mix, who would have thought.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/74) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/35) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/77) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

User avatar
Mcgotrek
Posts: 237

Re: [Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Post#66 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:01 am

Elio wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:59 pm
With Spine Crusher being moved to middle tree, Reckless Gamble scaling w/ rage, Violent Impacts being reworked, and Detaunt dropping rage I think the best "cookie cutter" slayer build for WB play is 0/10/15. I pick up VI in the middle tree and ID, Shatter Limbs, and No Escape in the right. And for tactics I run Brute Force, Wild Gambit, Riposte, and Violent Impacts. Subbing out Riposte for Flanking when need be.
Have you checked combat log for Riposte? Riposte attacks will get mitigated, so I wonder if the numbers are that great?
Image
Longbeard McGotrek Hvidsson
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Lyesmith Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Elio
Posts: 51

Re: [Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Post#67 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:54 pm

Mcgotrek wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:01 am
Have you checked combat log for Riposte? Riposte attacks will get mitigated, so I wonder if the numbers are that great?
It's mitigated, but it's also buffed by STR and Rage. I've seen upwards of 650~ on lowbie caster's that AA into me. But the average damage is anywhere from 250 (SnB tanks) to 450 (melee DoK/WE). Remember that it's un-defendable and has no ICD. It's amazing when paired with Confusing Movements or Untouchable - especially when you push into a mass of Destro in WBvWB.

The only real tactics I would consider swapping for Riposte (DPS wise) would be Flanking, but Riposte ends up being such a solid part of my damage done during SCs or RvR that I can't imagine Flanking providing more utility. Obviously, if I needed more ST damage for healers I would swap, but Riposte is definitely more ST when facing any enemy Melee that wants to square up.

User avatar
tionblack
Suspended
Posts: 302

Re: [Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Post#68 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:35 am

rip slayers,good job whoever broke the class so hard.If any devs wants to hear what is broken can talk on discord with the facts i can prove.
Image

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Ads
geezereur
Posts: 375

Re: [Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Post#69 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:41 am

tionblack wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:35 am
rip slayers,good job whoever broke the class so hard.If any devs wants to hear what is broken can talk on discord with the facts i can prove.
I dont understand why they nerf ID but not Rampage.

Sulorie
Posts: 4873

Re: [Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Post#70 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:43 am

You guys still talk about ID single target nerf?
Nothing else changed for them.
Dying is no option.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: agemennon675, blechkautz, Opo4 and 5 guests