Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] solo play?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
dalinvar

Re: [Slayer] solo play?

Post#31 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:38 am

I'm just wondering if something changed for the solo-slayer:
Slayer/Choppa
- Rage will affect Reckless Gamble and Hurtin' Time.
- The DoT portion of Inevitable Doom no longer counts as direct damage against the person hosting the debuff.
Rampage will be reverted and the 2h tree further improved with a client patch.
and I remember other fixes in previous patches, maybe now is more viable? :roll:

Ads
Wdova

Post#32 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:03 am

At the moment slayer loses rampage for dual wield spec. That means Slayers with dual wield ID spec does not ignore parry/blok and are affected by enemy riposte which leads to "No more solo slayer movies" till it (if) gonna be reverted :)

Anyway You can still spec for Rampage for 2H spec, but dont expect so confortable 1v1ing because You lose 10% parry so not so much riposte procs, Your attacks will be much slower and You actualy need some crit chance to make 2H build worth.

Anyway playing slayer as a solo class is waste of his potential and I would pick other melee classes WL, WH, 2H WP(no idea how viable is he without .ab ex). Or tanks with IB on top who is best suited tank for soloing.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Fallenkezef

Post#33 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:03 am

Rampage is back for dw.

How long for? These changes and change reversals are giving people whiplash.

You need a group built around a slayer or high renown, full talis, bis gear and pots.

It's a fun class but know it's limitations
Alea iacta est

Toshutkidup

Post#34 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:23 am

Wdova wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:03 am At the moment slayer loses rampage for dual wield spec. That means Slayers with dual wield ID spec does not ignore parry/blok and are affected by enemy riposte which leads to "No more solo slayer movies" till it (if) gonna be reverted :)
I quit my videos long before the change, and other people also started making videos the content became over saturated. I’m not saying I was the first as I wasn’t.

However I’m willing when I do play ( been on hiatus) to start again no matter if rampage is implement for DW or not .
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Elendal

Post#35 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:58 pm

ID nerf should be reverted as well.

CountTalabecland

Post#36 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Idk if we are going to get for ID reverted. It is the only ability on SL that I would agree was over-performing in that it single-handily made AoE the must bring build for SL . I recall leveling SL and hating it until ID made it possible to kill mobs very quickly and it finally made me feel dangerous without a guard keeping me alive to throw out even a little dmg before dying. But at the same time it is also a great Single Target ability and the first I throw down when literally any enemy needs killing, which feels wrong because there is no situational aspect in which I would not use it. It needs to function situationally as an AoE ability.

I don't know what the solution is but the Single Target tree just doesn't have a career mastery point ability that drops so much damage on one target. Maybe that is what Spellbreaker will become but who knows.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Wdova

Post#37 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:07 am

Elendal wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:58 pm ID nerf should be reverted as well.
I think nerfing its single target dmg by 50% and removing it damage state so it cannot proc everything on its victim is good move, but on other hand I would consider increase its dmg for AOE which is main purpose of this skill.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

dalinvar

Post#38 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:40 am

Ok so it looks like it is less viable than before, I am so sorry because I always wanted to have a Slayer as a main, but I know my time and I can't afford a stable guild/party..

I've tried mara/wl/wh but these do not make my game again.. I'm in the situation where I can't find a class to go with

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#39 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:51 am

dalinvar wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:40 am Ok so it looks like it is less viable than before, I am so sorry because I always wanted to have a Slayer as a main, but I know my time and I can't afford a stable guild/party..

I've tried mara/wl/wh but these do not make my game again.. I'm in the situation where I can't find a class to go with
Slayer is incredibly viable.

dalinvar

Post#40 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:09 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:51 am Slayer is incredibly viable.
Reading all the comments above he looks viable with a proper group but not for solo, considering the last nerfs.

Everyone suggesting wl, mara, wh