Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Question about abilities

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
3rdworldofficer

[WH] Question about abilities

Post#1 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:49 pm

Hello all, new player here.

Just a short and quick (ish) question about the Witch Hunter and his abilities and overall moveset. Got this game recently, did some studying of other forum threads about WH, seems he is a very "off-meta" class pick, as I see it. A disabling ambusher/ganker, but very underpowered in most situations from what I've read. While I'm no stranger to playing underpowered classes in games, I was wondering, what is a good path to take with him? I usually don't use the meta unless it overlaps with interesting abilities I like. As of writing, I'm level 11, and I've played around with the career builder, but haven't engaged in RvR yet.

Ads
Faction69

Re: [WH] Question about abilities

Post#2 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:09 am

WH is not at all underpowered. It's one of the best classes for solo/small scale, especially since you can find and pick fights in a way non-stealth classes can't. The more players in a fight, the less effective you are, but it's not too difficult to find fights where you can play to your strengths when you have stealth.

Do RvR as soon as possible, this is a pvp game first and foremost and levelling through pve instead will put you at a disadvantage not just in your renown level, but also in your lack of experience.

T1 WH is also not at all indicative of what it is later, there's no burst in t1 but once you get your knockdown the class segues into being a typical mmorpg stealth ganker that frontloads huge damage on the opener.

Given that you are newish I will avoid confusing you too much and just leave you with a build path to follow up to around level 30: RoR.builders - Witch Hunter

As you level up from there, the build then develops into this at RR60: RoR.builders - Witch Hunter

For renown, max melee crit chance, then parry, then strength, then weaponskill, in that order of priority. If you have 1 leftover point put it into dodge/disrupt.

3rdworldofficer

Post#3 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:40 am

Faction69 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:09 am Do RvR as soon as possible, this is a pvp game first and foremost and levelling through pve instead will put you at a disadvantage not just in your renown level, but also in your lack of experience.
I do plan to do it, it just looks kind of daunting and totally different from what I've played in other games, I just hope I'll be able to pick it up fast so I won't be a total liability to the team, like all these game terms and maneuvers.

Also, nice to hear WH has good crit and parry, love that type of stuff, I'll look into it. Thanks for the advice!

Lion1986

Post#4 » Tue May 21, 2024 5:34 am

3rdworldofficer wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:40 am
Faction69 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:09 am Do RvR as soon as possible, this is a pvp game first and foremost and levelling through pve instead will put you at a disadvantage not just in your renown level, but also in your lack of experience.
I do plan to do it, it just looks kind of daunting and totally different from what I've played in other games, I just hope I'll be able to pick it up fast so I won't be a total liability to the team, like all these game terms and maneuvers.

Also, nice to hear WH has good crit and parry, love that type of stuff, I'll look into it. Thanks for the advice!
Tier 1 is the worst pvp ever seen in any mmorpg. There is no balance at all and healers are basically demigods able to solo 4ppl alone if played right while dps are just free kills for them.
Wh will get better and better as soon as you level out of t1. You will get more burst and stun openers which is your signature way of ganking people.
In warband wh are not the best pick. They are designed as battlefield gankers. There is a spec for make it work in rvr. Just ask in for discord and keep up with it.

Hugatsaga

Post#5 » Tue May 21, 2024 11:54 am

Lion1986 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:34 am

Tier 1 is the worst pvp ever seen in any mmorpg. There is no balance at all and healers are basically demigods able to solo 4ppl alone if played right while dps are just free kills for them.
Wh will get better and better as soon as you level out of t1. You will get more burst and stun openers which is your signature way of ganking people.
In warband wh are not the best pick. They are designed as battlefield gankers. There is a spec for make it work in rvr. Just ask in for discord and keep up with it.
Yup tier 1 has it own balance which is very different endgame. Some classes get online faster since they have lot of their key abilities already in tier 1. Shaman for instance has single target detaunt, detaunt tactic and aoe detaunt at the end of tier 1 while dps dont have heal debuffs or knockdowns yet. Well played AM/Shaman in general is insane in tier 1 but it gets better for other classes later, usually some time in mid tier when they have enough mastery points.

WH will really become online around lvl 30 and you'll have fun during levels 30-39 if you play scenarios but can be ok earlier too if you know what you are doing, also in tier 1. Then early tier 4 is going to be rough again since you will be going against rr80+ premades but pve can help quite a bit with gearing.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

3rdworldofficer

Post#6 » Wed May 22, 2024 1:51 am

Hugatsaga wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:54 am

Yup tier 1 has it own balance which is very different endgame. Some classes get online faster since they have lot of their key abilities already in tier 1. Shaman for instance has single target detaunt, detaunt tactic and aoe detaunt at the end of tier 1 while dps dont have heal debuffs or knockdowns yet. Well played AM/Shaman in general is insane in tier 1 but it gets better for other classes later, usually some time in mid tier when they have enough mastery points.

WH will really become online around lvl 30 and you'll have fun during levels 30-39 if you play scenarios but can be ok earlier too if you know what you are doing, also in tier 1. Then early tier 4 is going to be rough again since you will be going against rr80+ premades but pve can help quite a bit with gearing.
So what I'm reading is that I should level up a bit more to go past T1 to play on a more even playing field, and look into more burst damage.

shoelessHN

Post#7 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:30 am

3rdworldofficer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:51 am

So what I'm reading is that I should level up a bit more to go past T1 to play on a more even playing field, and look into more burst damage.
T1 hasn't been balanced ever and shouldn't be taken as indicative of any class in the game as far as balance.

Almost every class lacks the CC they get in the 20s, and burst they'll find in the late 20s and early 30s (be it dps or healing burst). And your main CC on a WH/WE you don't even get until 40.

3rdworldofficer

Post#8 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:55 am

shoelessHN wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:30 am

T1 hasn't been balanced ever and shouldn't be taken as indicative of any class in the game as far as balance.

Almost every class lacks the CC they get in the 20s, and burst they'll find in the late 20s and early 30s (be it dps or healing burst). And your main CC on a WH/WE you don't even get until 40.
So, just keep leveling and do more RvR then? Sounds easy.

Ads
shoelessHN

Post#9 » Wed May 22, 2024 3:11 am

3rdworldofficer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:55 am

Yeah go up the right tree and get the instant vanish, crit damage, and knockdown. You can get all that by 25.

Faction69

Post#10 » Wed May 22, 2024 5:28 am

3rdworldofficer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:55 am

Level by doing RvR and scenarios. Once you get your stun (2nd ability in right tree) you can start getting decent exp from solo kills on bad level 40s in orvr.