Recent Topics

Ads

[Knight of the Blazing Sun] DPS or just a tank?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Gobtar

Re: [Knight of the Blazing Sun] DPS or just a tank?

Post#51 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:37 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote:Oh, and are there any 2h abilities KOTBS miss out on going SnB? There was "arcing swing" that requires a 2H that would be AWESOME but I think its lvl40? So doesnt seem like any specific 2h abilities we cant use at lvl 32....

And does anyone know if damaging auras procs the 5/5 devastator set bonus? Might make that even easier to keep up.

I feel like Myrmydia's Fury is a waste of time, You don't get AA when Channeling. Arcing Swing is at 40 so no wounds debuff till then, staggering Impact is alright. I don't believe damaging auras trigger procs.

@Tentonhammer: happy to continue this conversation with you in another thread sometime.

Ads
Luth

Post#52 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:05 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote: And does anyone know if damaging auras procs the 5/5 devastator set bonus? Might make that even easier to keep up.
Aura damage could never proc anything from the knight/chosen on the mythic server.

th3gatekeeper

Post#53 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Gobtar wrote:
th3gatekeeper wrote:Oh, and are there any 2h abilities KOTBS miss out on going SnB? There was "arcing swing" that requires a 2H that would be AWESOME but I think its lvl40? So doesnt seem like any specific 2h abilities we cant use at lvl 32....

And does anyone know if damaging auras procs the 5/5 devastator set bonus? Might make that even easier to keep up.

I feel like Myrmydia's Fury is a waste of time, You don't get AA when Channeling. Arcing Swing is at 40 so no wounds debuff till then, staggering Impact is alright. I don't believe damaging auras trigger procs.

@Tentonhammer: happy to continue this conversation with you in another thread sometime.

Yeah I have been arriving at that conclusion as well. I was thinking "1k dmg over 3 seconds" I can almost accomplish that same amount via Precision Strike and it cannot be "disrupted" and I dont have to stand still for 3 seconds. I dont use this ability a ton, only when a target is <25-30% and its a non tank target. Ill pop Taunt, use Myr and then finish with a Shining Blade to get as much burst as possible.

"AA" ? I dont get it while channeling, not sure what that is (call me a noob). Staggering seems like the only really good thing about the entire Conquest tree.

There really arent many other Mastery build options. Could go for Smashing and Vigi - but give up 10% crits on the Press Atk aura and forced to SnB. Or you can run double crit auras however need to stack block to proc the other 10% crit aura which typically means less Runefang = less damage you can do and if you or your target arent attacked you wont block = wont crit and I dont think it can refresh itself either so its not 100% uptime at all. Also on most classes (with BW as exception) crit actually isnt all that amazing. For KOTBS its a 50% damage boost (crits are) which is the equiv of about 4 STR from a DPS perspective. Now its move valuable than that because its all burst damage but still, if you have the choice between say 40 STR or 2% crit, that 40 STR is FAR more valuable.

So Im not a huge fan of Dirty tricks, But I do like Smashing as it prones, or could always go Heaven's Fury but then your giving up crit altogether.

I personally like the Path of Conquest as you get the 10% crit on Press, you have the option to run To Glory, and Staggering seems pretty solid when focusing a target (if its additive and seems to be) that will really help burst someone down.

Im still debating the SnB vs 2H question though. Is ~6% block + 10% from Shield Rush worth the loss of damage, or vice versa? And then there is this "pass through" stat that seems to come with 2H that seems to indicate opponents have ~10% less chance to defend against a 2H?
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

TenTonHammer

Post#54 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:15 pm

AA = auto attacks

the only channeled tank attacks that are worth it are tree hit combo and ether dance tbt

otherwise its not really worth getting

also its 20% block with renown and shield rush and Block and parry are very easy to proc if you throu a gaurd onto some one

th3gatekeeper

Post#55 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:42 am

TenTonHammer wrote:AA = auto attacks

the only channeled tank attacks that are worth it are tree hit combo and ether dance tbt

otherwise its not really worth getting

also its 20% block with renown and shield rush and Block and parry are very easy to proc if you throu a gaurd onto some one
Thats good to know about AA. Yeah that REALLY makes it not worth it then since you can get the same damage from other abilities and not worry about the root.

Yeah I just read the formula for Parry from WS. @ 32 its:
WS / 290 * 13.5% = Parry %

So 290 WS will give you 13.5% Parry. Thus you dont really need to stack Parry much (since we get a TON from WS too) and can get things like block or dodge since youll have runefang up almost 100% with guard on a target.

So 20% block versus how much DPS do you gain with a 2H? 20DPS?
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

pallas82

Post#56 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:21 am

Dear sir,
Here in RoR kotbs is not capable of high dps. Do you want a high dps tank then go with SM or Blorc. Now, that does not mean 2hander knights are not good. You can still be of value as an assist dps and just a frontline cc'er with their balls hanging out. I take 2h epic t4 wep which procs and buffs my defenses by 10% all the time, I put full points in parry and disrupt dodge looks like 32% parry 18% dodge 17% disrupt. Now add 10% to those from thr procs and spec for Vigilance and kd and remaining points in dps tree for 10% crit tactic preas the attack. Tactics runefang rugged long punt and 4th u can choose. More tankyness from emperors ward, or aoe snare, or 10% crit wmore chance with press the wttack it is up to ur situation. Gear I like full duelist for taunt proc but I haven't tried ruim/merc combo. I run 607 str620 tough 8.2k wounds and 320 ws now with runefang those stats go through the roof but u need to be a hardass frontliner to soak up and cause havoc and give your team thr confidence. Betseen vigilance , m1 absorb , perseverance and heal elixirs u are a tough cookie but still decent dps. Thst is the strength of the knight over other 2h tanks.

pallas82

Post#57 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:25 am

Sorry guys I forgot to mention that in this spec u can perfectly be a great guard to any dps or anyone else in ur team. You absolutely must use guard you are not a loldpstard. But you can be a mean juggernaut that des dont like targeting u and they dont like u at all in fact they dont wanna be anywhere near u. U will inspire the fear...

noisestorm

Post#58 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:58 am

and the necro is real. why and how do people dig out 4 month old threads?

Ads
Layn

Post#59 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:49 pm

noisestorm wrote:and the necro is real. why and how do people dig out 4 month old threads?
well i found this thread a great read.

meganecro.