Recent Topics

Ads

[bright wizard] - possible to solo?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
phoramix87

[bright wizard] - possible to solo?

Post#1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:18 pm

Hey I was an active player on live and I really always wanted to try the bw, now I can thanks to RoR :)
I'm asking you, is it possible to play alone as bw in endgame t4 on this server?

I mean something like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dThf9ONIVUY&t=473s

And any guide/build tips will be rly appreciated :roll:

Ads
blaqwar

Re: [bright wizard] - possible to solo?

Post#2 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:48 pm

I haven't played much in the RR80+ era of the game so I can't comment on the specifics but what I can offer you are some facts:

1. The longer the game is played the more it gets figured out, optimised and "solved" (cookie cutter stuff). Players are more informed, the skill ceiling increases and the average player becomes much harder to kill. Granted that video was made late in the game's life but I'd argue the average skill level is even higher here on RoR.
2. That video was shot with post RR80 gear, possibly LotD items and other imbalanced features that Mythic felt necessary to implement to keep players satisfied. No such things exist here on RoR and devs are commited to keeping the game as balanced as possible and minimising power creep.
3. WAR never really was a very solo friendly game, much less so on RoR, where balance decisions are never made from a solo/PuG perspective and those two are often ignored when it comes to any kind of discussion.
4. Because of how the game works and how optimised players tend to be in their in-game activities here on RoR you will very rarely see people actively searching out even fights for the purpose of enjoyment rather than RP gain, because any lost fight is time lost that you could have been farming RP instead (Why? Beats me, no armor sets past RR38, so size of your member I guess?). You will see people dry-humping every piece of walking renown even if it means chasing single people into the PvE area as a warband. You will also see less "stragglers" as players tend to group up when traversing the RvR lakes and PvE routes are much more commonly utilised.

All of this culminates into an immense struggle if you're out there solo, even as a career made for it. An even bigger struggle for a squishy BW that was designed around group play.

That being said, it's still very possible to solo through the whole game. It just takes a special state of mind, where you don't mind getting bent over very very often for those special moments when things go your way.

These two videos might interest you, made here on RoR:
https://youtu.be/BXqF1PnFvRY
https://youtu.be/vUJcjSllgug

Edit: My god that BW video you linked was annoying to watch, all of that blur... Just wow...

phoramix87

Post#3 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:21 pm

yea i know every classes is designed for goup, wh/we out of it. Btw I'm not going to be in any guild and trying to understand if it is possible.

Thanks for the introduction now I know how it will be in t4. Also liked the videos
Seems like a huge no eheh, most of all maybe for the gear/rr limitations

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:25 pm

BW can solo if you're good. Ask Neuro for tips or Izna.

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:06 pm

Go shaman. It'll be much less of a headache.

Asvaldr

Post#6 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Find it easier to solo on BW than SW currently.

Spoiler:
Disclaimer: I am quite horrible
Cerun
Artahe - Asvaldr
Not Very Good

Jaycub

Post#7 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:26 pm

Double pots / heal over time, cleansing winds. RD, super optimized gear for soloing, and you can solo on BW to some effect. IMO tho soloing is garbage on this server, it's so zergy and almost impossible to find stragglers that aren't going to receive help within 5 seconds.

If all you care about is medals and RR, the absolute best thing you can do is follow the zerg and kill steal. 1:1 trade suicide missions are def worth it as well if you have AAO. Not much glory in either of these but I find them to be the best farming methods by far for soloing.

People will also tell you that there are more worse players on this server than on live, but that's a bold faced lie if I ever heard one. You aren't gonna run into hordes of casual/terrible players running around like chickens with their heads cut off like you would have on live which made soloing extremely lucrative. You also don't have the massive gear/power gaps either. Getting full ruin only takes about ~4 hours at most and it is pretty comparable to annihilator, epic quest weapons which can take less than an hour in some cases are again not too far off the BiS weapons.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Tankbeardz

Post#8 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:50 pm

Jaycub wrote: People will also tell you that there are more worse players on this server than on live, but that's a bold faced lie if I ever heard one. You aren't gonna run into hordes of casual/terrible players running around like chickens with their heads cut off like you would have on live which made soloing extremely lucrative.
I would disagree with that. There are less ways to solo (1 zone, 1 massive blob), especially during NA late-night, because there are less players. The ratio of good-to-"casual" is on par with what live offered...there were just many more players on live.

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#9 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:35 pm

You can i used to use kite with stop drop an roll, one tick of withering heat while Otm for the Insta snare. Heal pots, cleansing winds, heart of fire morale, sometimes I'd slot searing vitality. For a mini heal having some distance helps too.

But you're more effective in a group,

Good luck.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:41 am

Jaycub wrote:Double pots / heal over time, cleansing winds. RD, super optimized gear for soloing, and you can solo on BW to some effect.
Now imagine your enemy uses it as well and not like all those victims in the video. :lol:

Bad players can be solo'ed on any class. :)
Dying is no option.