Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Guide

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
abezverkhiy1

Re: [WH] Guide

Post#11 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:24 pm

I guess many things are up to personal preferences. I was in T4 on live for long time.

There is a misunderstanding on "12% dodge+disrupt+parry". What I meant to say was that on top of your other stats, extra 12% in each category will level respective stats to ave 33%. Which is always a good thing to have such bonus on top of other things.

TbP can make three procs, I did that many times. I hated the finisher before but now I love it. I'll be using it all the way up but if it really pales I will state it here.

Ads
blaqwar

Post#12 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:43 pm

I'm sorry but 12% dodge/disrupt/parry from renown would mean that you'd need to have 21% base avoidance to reach the 33%, which is not the case. You'll be lucky if you are sitting at 6% base disrupt as a non-healer, 12% dodge if you're not neglecting your Initative (with which Futile Strikes doesn't help with incidentaly) and 5-15% parry, depending on the career and as long as you're not stacking weapon skill. Sure you can add bonuses from gear, Anni gives 5% parry, 2% dodge/disrupt. Totaling those on my char I'd get 16% parry, 12% dodge, 7% disrupt, adding the renown passives I get 28% parry, 24% dodge and 19% disrupt.

Not to mention that those base values are neglected by the attackers offensive stat (Str, Bal, Int). This is a rough example because I'm not sure the formula is correct for RoR: "Level 40 sorc with 1000 int will have disrupt reduction of 21.42% against same level target." from viewtopic.php?f=11&t=965&start=50#p103820 . Note that on RoR this avoidance penetration applies only to the base avoidance from stats and not avoidance from items, abilities or renown training (in short % based avoidance isn't affected).

Far shot from your estimation and while my own calculations are an estimation the important thing to take away from this is that 33% dodge/disrupt/parry is mostly unreachable if you're not willing to invest into defensive stats on gear and talismans. Also my initial point stands, damage types aren't equally disrtibuted and avoiding them doesn't have the same value, avoidance is highly situational. I feel like stacking it on a career that excelss at killing things quickly isn't the wisest idea. Not at this gear level/state of the game.

I've never seen TbP proc bullets more than 2 times, although my experience with it is limited as I only used it to test it in T2 and more recently in T4 PvE for fun. I went ahead and tested it just now and I couldn't get more than 2 procs. Could you provide some screenshots or the like? I'm curious, maybe TbP would be less bad if it procced bullets 3 times.
Last edited by blaqwar on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dabbart

Post#13 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:28 pm

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10915&hilit=trial+by+pain+proc

Read that thread for TbP info.

As for defensive stats VIA RR, Unless your building a super tanky build, one doesn't actually need to pump Parry. You have enough tools for that(+10% dual wield parry automatically). It's far easer to stack disrupt currently than dodge(just thanks to jewelry), but you still cap out , around 14% or so before RR, so I dunno how you're getting 30%+ disrupt/dodge. Are you sure you're hitting .getstats and not relying on the stat-doll(which is often incorrect)?

But, between M1, 100% disrupt and 100% parry abilities, WHs can stack RR other places imo...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

abezverkhiy1

Post#14 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:48 am

Your comment about Sorc with high disrupt reduction is absolutely valid. I overlooked it and will adjust my work.

As for the stats you maybe right or maybe not. Afterall it is up to personal choices what to wear and how to play. I mentioned earlier that I choose to play defensively. Like or dislike it - I do not care, it is my preference. Heck, I do not have a dedicated healer and my armor is not plate. So when it comes to defences 33% or 28% won't mean much to me as long as it would be something realistic not 5%. It may matter to others though. I won't care if my chance of getting a critical hit would be 8% as you wrote before as long as it would not be 22-25%. I do not have this unrealistic idea to bring it to 0%, I want to take it down to be safe. This is the idea.

TbP got probably changed since you used it. I tested it recently, liked the result, and I will do that again with screenshots since you challenge my words. Just let me get online.

I have read suggested topic about TbP - nothing new from what I heard before - "it is bad because I say so". Fine. But not one advocate of using BH! or BAL admitted that it can be cleansed by either Cleansing Wind or innate abilities of certain classes and this seriously affects output of these two finishers.
Last edited by abezverkhiy1 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dabbart

Post#15 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:33 am

I meant read that topic to see how the proc works. It procs twice, once at start 2nd at the end. only time TbP is worthwhile is if you get punted or snared out of melee range, and even then a good abso will be your better bet.

It comes down to no AAs while using a channeled ability, and the fact you can get off 3GcDs(?) in the time it takes to finish TbP, if they are in melee range your DPS will be lower than if you just stuck with abso...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Toldavf

Post#16 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:59 am

Dabbart wrote:I meant read that topic to see how the proc works. It procs twice, once at start 2nd at the end. only time TbP is worthwhile is if you get punted or snared out of melee range, and even then a good abso will be your better bet.

It comes down to no AAs while using a channeled ability, and the fact you can get off 3GcDs(?) in the time it takes to finish TbP, if they are in melee range your DPS will be lower than if you just stuck with abso...
This goes for most channels really. At some point or anther channels should be addressed.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

abezverkhiy1

Post#17 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Yes, it has two procs only. Hell, how many times I saw it and counted 3! Lol at myself

kryss

Post#18 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:23 pm

The only thing you should really think about is: use RD and change tactics according to the target. That was the real game changer for me. I have one setup for melees, with riposte, and one for casters, healers and squigs (if u spec for dueling, also use vindication). Works like a charm with all reasonable specs (Bal+RB and HD debuff ones, EW or BAL focused). Focus you renown in RD, crit, parry, and nothing else.

Ads
randomeclipse

Post#19 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:47 am

Thanks for this, good stuff.

dd209

Post#20 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Hey guys, thanks for these guides. I'm a total newb and just dinged 40 with my Witch hunter. I was basically using whatever the hell seemed useful for PvE questing and now I'm looking at how should actually structure my single-target dps build.

What would you guys recommend as the simplest build and rotation for someone who never played the original Warhammer Online?