Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Melee Build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Charon

Re: [WP] Melee Build

Post#61 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:53 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:it isn't totally fine, but it can work against mediocre players/groups which is, thankfully, the norm.

it needs a bit more damage, it needs better gear customisation, maybe some gap closer at the cost of reduced lifetaps/increased divine assault CD. (Wrath)
For some glass is half full for others half empty.... its ppl choice if they want find out it alone and waste their time if they fail;/

Btw Peter if i remember well your Clown is in dps mode and you have whole Fusion guild to your disposal. Even thou your statment is not promising...... (summary 2h WP might be ok if your enemy will be bigger loser than you;). My experience are mostly from pug side (i ended with 63 rr playing only sc mostly alone)
Last edited by Charon on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#62 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Charon wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:it isn't totally fine, but it can work against mediocre players/groups which is, thankfully, the norm.

it needs a bit more damage, it needs better gear customisation, maybe some gap closer at the cost of reduced lifetaps/increased divine assault CD. (Wrath)

Btw Peter if i remember well your Clown is in dps mode and you have whole Fusion guild to your disposal. My experience are mostly from pug side (i ended with 63 rr playing only sc mostly alone)

Pretty much the only way I could make it somewhat viable was having the whole group built around me: that meant having a RP with AP ritual, a 2H KOTBS with crit and ap aura, a SM with double resist debuff for soulfire/divine assault/guilty soul big damage, and a WL for huge armor debuff. It's an incredibly selfish way to play, and although it does work, you'd still be far better off getting a proper DPS that doesn't necessitate such group molding =P

From a pug pov? I could definitely see Wrath WP being among the most frustrating classes to play, hence why I only play it when I know there's a group I can use to 'make my ends meet' :)

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#63 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:37 am

I was baffled that they took the 20% movementspeed bonus from him... Time to get kitet till no tomorrow again...

nailinthehead

Post#64 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:58 am

Yeah, it's probably the slowest moving class in RoR. Everyone can either run away or chase you down. The only survivability you have are your lifetaps so disable, kd, disarm mean you are dead. Melee WP is fun 1v1, sometimes even 1v2 but anything else means instant death, unless you have a group focused to keep you alive. One has to make to many sacrifices taking one build or another.

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#65 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:09 am

nailinthehead wrote:Yeah, it's probably the slowest moving class in RoR. Everyone can either run away or chase you down. The only survivability you have are your lifetaps so disable, kd, disarm mean you are dead. Melee WP is fun 1v1, sometimes even 1v2 but anything else means instant death, unless you have a group focused to keep you alive. One has to make to many sacrifices taking one build or another.
Also all sorts of shields disable lifetap as far as I know. Only the direct portion of grace of sigmar tactic would heal a little bit on shieldet targets right?

nailinthehead

Post#66 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:04 am

That's a good question. If my memory serves me well absorbs negate lifetaps completely but would need to test it.

Charon

Post#67 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:57 pm

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:Also all sorts of shields disable lifetap as far as I know. Only the direct portion of grace of sigmar tactic would heal a little bit on shieldet targets right?
Generaly yes. Its especialy painfull if you use DA. What is more after BO/SM and potions changes you may face much more absorbs in combat. Some def gear also proc bubbles.

However, amount of absorbs is not only problem that WP need to challenge. WP was indirectly nerfed step by step in past changes. In grace tree, for example Sigmar Vision is now weaker, fanatism and shield of faith tcs as well and even 2h hammer pary strikethrough buff. In fact all tools in melee healing path are at least controversial.

Sigmars Greace - good on paper wound buff is easy cleansable by all melee making it virtual in fight with any competent enemy. It range is now limited so can not be used as a clunky replacement for aoe heal.
Leading the prayer - is broken after icd implementation on prayers and linked to last useful prayer.
Greave of Sigmar - obsolete with any kind of toughnes aura/buff and especially Dominator proc and you dont have many end game gear options.
Grace of Sigmar - is core tc for melee healing. Without it SIgmar Radiance is nearly useles, but need tc slot and push you to spam one single skill over and over.

What is more you can not so easly use salvation/grace build after CW nerf becase you need repent what limits melee heal to use grace/wrath build. This restricts wp to option which is constantly ap starving (god bless ap pots) and does not give you ability to properly use your mechanic so shifting between ap and fury dependant skils.

I had been using this build for self sustain melee healing (usualy no need to be guarded) for long time and now its nearly useless without pocket tank (if he is around) what means that more important dps will stay without guard, assist and in the end deathblows.

waronlinebuilder.org - Warrior Priest build (3xCW, 3xFS at rr60)

Only Sigmar Shield and Absence of Faith were improved but its not game changer. (i dont count HoS because it limited use for wrath wp)
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)