Recent Topics

Ads

KoTBS - Build-a-wall

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Crassus

KoTBS - Build-a-wall

Post#1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm

HelloOOOOOOOOO EMpireeeeeee!

What's up guys? So! I've played KOTBS for a while now and getting RR is a bit on the rough side when you go 2h. So, I figured, why not be the wall that destro has trouble bringing down and if a (somewhat half-decent) healer throws me some guzzoline, I can stay afloat and keep the guard on the MDPS and CC a whole lotta Destruh.

Now, this build is not for the crazy people that have Conq gear or some higher end stuff, although it may just work!

ALSO! I ONLY USE S/B

So! What I have done is the following:

Renown Point Spending:
Deft Defender: Maxed out
Defender: Maxed out.
(This is for both PvE and PVP)

Mastery Tree:
15 points into Vigilance while grabbing the ability Smashing Counter and the tactic Coordination. The tactic will help in PVP so that destro takes even longer to burn you down while you have guard on the Slayer or White Lion. Smashing Counter, explains itself.

11 points into Glory while grabbing the ability Heaven's Fury and the tactic Sunfury. Heaven's fury is when you can't quite reach the back line and you need to keep the enemy players under control. Some would argue that it does more bad than good, I still have yet to see that. Now as for Sunfury, that is entirely up to you to take into PVP. Personally, I just use it to farm.

Auras:
PvE: All Out Assault, On Your Guard, Stay Focused - I use this to farm lower level mobs, usually 34 and lower. If I am going to farm higher level mobs (Depending what they are) I would switch out AOA to Gather Your Resolve.

PvP: Stand Strong, Gather Your Resolve and Stay Focused - There have been times where Stay Focused healed for 25k in a match. And I only had 23k DPS.. It's a blast.

Tactics:
PvE: Gilded Shield, Coordination, Sunfury, Sun's Blessing.
Beastlord: Change Sun's Blessing for Menace
Power leveling a friend: Change Sunfury to Menace if needed

PvP: Gilded Shield, Coordination, Rugged, Banish Darkness
Feeling Offensive? Change Banish Darkness to Runefang.

Positioning in PVP:
I like to be up there and protecting the Melee DPS. So I will always have an assist button for them as well as keeping healers in check. Now as we all know, if that MDPS starts hitting a tank over a healer and/or RDPS then drop the guard and find someone that is trying to kill the healer or RDPS/squishies.

This concludes my quick guide to how I play the KOTBS. Give it a shot, see if it works for you as well!
WITNESS ME!

Ads
Charon

Re: KoTBS - Build-a-wall

Post#2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:13 pm

Sorry mate, but no;)
Outside being tanky your build doesn't bring to much for party in pvp (maybe more rvr) and KoTBS (in my opinion) is primarily support tank both snb or 2h
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

BreezeKicker

Post#3 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Not using dirty tricks and focused mending is a massive disservice for your group. The only instance you should not run them is when you already have a knight using them in your grp.
5% crit for all [melee/ranged/magic/heal] and 15% more inc healing on your entire pt [including yourself] is just to good to pass on.

Gilded shield at the current state of pve is close to useless as almost none of the mobs are using magic attacks.
Sunset-BW...(M)|Starlight-SM.
Moon-WP..........|Mayor-ENG
Vanguard-KotBs|Breeze-WL
Aryanne-WH

Leader of CNTK branch @RoR

Crassus

Post#4 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:24 pm

BreezeKicker wrote:Not using dirty tricks and focused mending is a massive disservice for your group. The only instance you should not run them is when you already have a knight using them in your grp.
5% crit for all [melee/ranged/magic/heal] and 15% more inc healing on your entire pt [including yourself] is just to good to pass on.

Gilded shield at the current state of pve is close to useless as almost none of the mobs are using magic attacks.
I'll give it a shot. So far though with what I use, I have only had good results. :) Very rarely have bad ones, if there is, it's usually because everyone wants to hit a tank.
WITNESS ME!

Rozackroo
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Not getting killed is not the goal to achieve. Your goal is to give your team to greatest benefits you can. More sustain for your mates with guard and challenge is only one off the many things a tank should bring. More crit, heal, cc are some of the others.

You are useless if you are just unkillable.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#6 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Rozackroo wrote:Not getting killed is not the goal to achieve. Your goal is to give your team to greatest benefits you can. More sustain for your mates with guard and challenge is only one off the many things a tank should bring. More crit, heal, cc are some of the others.

Thats not 100% true. At least there are Tons of players that attack a mega turtle tank permanently for nothing :) thats Wy He has sucess with IT
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Crassus

Post#7 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:
Rozackroo wrote:Not getting killed is not the goal to achieve. Your goal is to give your team to greatest benefits you can. More sustain for your mates with guard and challenge is only one off the many things a tank should bring. More crit, heal, cc are some of the others.

Thats not 100% true. At least there are Tons of players that attack a mega turtle tank permanently for nothing :) thats Wy He has sucess with IT
Which is what I built for and it was fun. Brought CC, blasted their healers into our front line, or off a cliff. It's good times.

Just tried out the new build. It's not bad but for the way that order plays, I don't think it's suiting for pugs.
WITNESS ME!

anarchypark

Post#8 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:49 am

Stand at the flag, hold it against 3+ enemies for 1min.
your contribution for VP is 60+, that's almost 6+ kills. ( except purple numbers )
more importantly u gave ur team advantage of number.
1vs3 means 11vs9 else where. hold longer the better.
ofc team playing and guarding are better but when there is zero team play, this is alternative way to play as tank.
because some players think killing is everything, they keep hitting def tank.
there is a concept of defending.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Rozackroo
Suspended

Post#9 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:51 am

anarchypark wrote:

Stand at the flag, hold it against 3+ enemies for 1min.
your contribution for VP is 60+, that's almost 6+ kills. ( except purple numbers )
more importantly u gave ur team advantage of number.
1vs3 means 11vs9 else where. hold longer the better.
ofc team playing and guarding are better but when there is zero team play, this is alternative way to play as tank.
because some players think killing is everything, they keep hitting def tank.
there is a concept of defending.
Okay true I was thinking about a more structered play and forgot about how pugs behave sometimes.