Recent Topics

Ads

[WP DPS] - Definitive Equips

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Alfinnete
Banned

[WP DPS] - Definitive Equips

Post#1 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Folks.

What would be the best combination for a WP DPS today, thinking about hitting and surviving:

Armor.
Jewels.
Talsiman.
Weapons.

Thank you.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [WP DPS] - Definitive Equips

Post#2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Armor

Mixture of dominator and merc (you want ideally both armor and the wounds bonuses.)
* Dominator shoulders for AA haste, dominator boots for 3% crit, dominator belt
* Mercenary chest, mercenary hands, mercenary helmet

OR you can swap the mercenary helmet and go for the fist helmet for more DPS

Jewels

* AA Jewels are mandatory
* Beastlord jewel (you need that weaponskill bonus from beastlord)
* The last is up to you, but I use an ap regen or morale str jewel

Talisman

* Just go pure str. you should have a decent amount of WS with beastlord, and you should always be assisting on someone with an armor debuff anyway (DPS WP without a WL/IB feels meh, imo)

Weapon

* Virtue or Faith, depending on whether or not you have an armor debuff
* You want a weapon with 4.2 speed

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#3 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Armor

Mixture of dominator and merc (you want ideally both armor and the wounds bonuses.)
* Dominator shoulders for AA haste, dominator boots for 3% crit, dominator belt
* Mercenary chest, mercenary hands, mercenary helmet

OR you can swap the mercenary helmet and go for the fist helmet for more DPS

Jewels

* AA Jewels are mandatory
* Beastlord jewel (you need that weaponskill bonus from beastlord)
* The last is up to you, but I use an ap regen or morale str jewel

Talisman

* Just go pure str. you should have a decent amount of WS with beastlord, and you should always be assisting on someone with an armor debuff anyway (DPS WP without a WL/IB feels meh, imo)

Weapon

* Virtue or Faith, depending on whether or not you have an armor debuff
* You want a weapon with 4.2 speed
Ty bro!

Niakahn

Post#4 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:19 am

A related question, how would itemisation look like for a grace warrior priest? I've been having a rather difficult time staying alive, even with the occasional guard. Anything worth mentioning that could boost my survivability?

nebelwerfer

Post#5 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:23 am

The winds impervious and skaven ring with armor slotted for jewlery goes a long way and is easy to get

Afterlife92

Post#6 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:14 am

Since they disabled beastlord quests atm get skaven parry ring (with str talis), aa haste, and enervating lvl 37 ring (str + wounds) or lvl 35 ring with str and morale gain.
Bakir

Welch - DoK / Welchz - WP
Paperboy - RP (R.I.P) / Meekz - Zealot
Welchs - AM / Littlez - Shaman
Kriksos - Mara / Skengman - Engi

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#7 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:15 am

Niakahn wrote:A related question, how would itemisation look like for a grace warrior priest? I've been having a rather difficult time staying alive, even with the occasional guard. Anything worth mentioning that could boost my survivability?
Hello my friend. I share the same problem, especially against SH and SORC. Even against DOK sometimes things get complicated because in WH the creation of the 2 classes are badly done. The DOK takes a good advantage for dual weaponw use.

Anyway, it seems that WP need sort of decent absorb in the DPS tree, so he has some chance of reaching the ranged class. SH is a hell against any class, but the WP is definitely unprotected versus all aniway.

The lack of BL quests ("set that does not lend") causes a new difficulty in adapting the build.

And yes, WP is a great healer, but it has a tree focused exclusively on being DPS, I have no obligation to follow the healer tree and I like the DPS style but needs adaptations, in my point of view.

When I created this topic it was exactly to understand how other WP DPS behaved, I trust unique and exclusive in Clown and he made clear the dependence of having good company not to be frustrated, this directly reflects on how I see the WP DPS today, Dependent, too much.

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:42 am

Niakahn wrote:A related question, how would itemisation look like for a grace warrior priest? I've been having a rather difficult time staying alive, even with the occasional guard. Anything worth mentioning that could boost my survivability?

For melee heal/tough dude:

You want to use merc 3 set bonus with dominator 3 set bonus.

For weapons, I use the toughness rvr influence sledge.

Renown purely into parry, futile strikes until I have 2-0% chance to be crit, and the rest into toughness or deft defender.

As afterlife said, you need the tome unlock 3set for jewels (amazing resistances/armor bonus). Last jewel should be skaven ring with parry.

You should be able to maintain 45%+ parry (without your buff), have very good armor (if you have NO intention of going DPS, you can put armor talis/toughness talis if you wanna be more versatile, into your gear). Just make sure if you're solo that you're using aoe detaunt tactic.

Ranged DPS will always be a bane, hence why you need to get tanky and learn to LoS, only pushing when others do.

Ads
Kordie

Post#9 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:11 pm

So it doesnt really sound like the 39 scen weapon is of value as Grace or Wrath. Might as well save emblems for Merc/Dom?

Richardwarhawk

Post#10 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:23 pm

For my Melee heal I run two Dom, Two Merc and ill run Two overlord when I get them, Stack armor talis with Toughness talis, and stack winds of impervious for that extra armor and resists, with two gen or beastlord for cloak and jewel, the main point for melee heal is to be a solid tank and be able to get max heals out to your groups, then get your chance to be crit to 0 max your parry dodge disrupt and then finish it off with maxing your wounds to get around 8k wounds+ 4k to 5k armor and around 3 to 400 toughness+... That is how in my melee build I can heal more then most healers just due to so much group heals going off, keeping people hotted and you are able to maintain alot of Damage to stay in the fight.
Last edited by Richardwarhawk on Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.