Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] Question regarding combustion

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ashanor

[BW] Question regarding combustion

Post#1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:03 am

I noticed this on a general server changes post on another forum.
[DoT/HoT Precalculation]

The effects of the following are calculated for a DoT at strike time and not on tick:

- Offensive stat / Toughness contribution
- Armor/Resistance mitigation
So my question is, does this apply to combustion as well? Back on live you could DoT up a bunch of people at low combustion, then quickly ramp up your combustion for max damage. This way, you didn't have to risk a full combustion explosion for every simple ignite cast etc.

Ads
dansari

Re: [BW] Question regarding combustion

Post#2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:18 am

From what I've seen, the dot scales with the crit damage increase you get with more combustiom, but I haven't explicitly tested it.
<Salt Factory>

Cimba

Post#3 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:04 am

Ashanor wrote:So my question is, does this apply to combustion as well? Back on live you could DoT up a bunch of people at low combustion, then quickly ramp up your combustion for max damage. This way, you didn't have to risk a full combustion explosion for every simple ignite cast etc.
From what I've seen and tested the crit chance, crit damage as well as offensive (e.g. Obsessive Focus) and defensive multipliers (e.g. Guard) get calculated on tick. So yes, you could dot up and then ramp up your combustion. If that's a good approach to kill someone is a different discussion.

Ashanor

Post#4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Cimba wrote:
Ashanor wrote:So my question is, does this apply to combustion as well? Back on live you could DoT up a bunch of people at low combustion, then quickly ramp up your combustion for max damage. This way, you didn't have to risk a full combustion explosion for every simple ignite cast etc.
From what I've seen and tested the crit chance, crit damage as well as offensive (e.g. Obsessive Focus) and defensive multipliers (e.g. Guard) get calculated on tick. So yes, you could dot up and then ramp up your combustion. If that's a good approach to kill someone is a different discussion.
Worked great at release, pre Bright Wizard nerf. I am not sure what changed after the nerf and rebuff though.