Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Hunter] New player looking for a build!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
alusnova

Re: [Witch Hunter] New player looking for a build!

Post#31 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:26 pm

Don't quit find a class that you like.

Honestly in order to enjoy War you must like PvP over PVE or you won't like any PvP mmo and PvP mmo are always going to be harder to learn and play but that's what makes them better the satisfaction that every kill is another real player on the other side not some npc that has a programmed pattern.

Ads
dansari

Post#32 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:07 pm

The game is incredibly confusing to start out, as with most games. The forums are a good place to ask questions, or you'll normally get a good answer in Advice chat.
<Salt Factory>

Atropik

Post#33 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:05 pm

filipanton wrote: Honestly I played for a bit and it wasnt really that fun, gonna try out a caster, thinking maybe like a Shaman... if that isnt fun ill probably quit, as a new player the game is really confusing.
lol, what lvl wh do you have7 lvl 5? or 17? it will shine at 60+rr with proper gear, it will be pretty fun and will keep you ingame far more than any other class, for years i suppose.

That guy is another who tried but failed due to lack of ingame knowledge and personal skill, decent player will not hear his cries.
Nicelook | Obey

Panzerkasper

Post#34 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:58 am

Hastykrasty wrote:Why so much hate on riposte?
Every mdps has it. I'm just asking
It's a 0 effort, no brainer tactic, that does way too much damage. It finally needs an icd or its damage atleast halfed.
Yes every mdps has it, but order can make way more use of this.

WH has RB, so after 3 seconds in knockdown after the opener and another 5 seconds of RB you can finally start attacking him and still then a WH specced for this has easy 50-60% parry (if not more). That means you have to survive 8 seconds of damage before you practically can do anything.

Slayer himself doesnt give a **** if his enemy slots riposte, because lol Rampage. While he himself still can slot is and make good use of it with 60% parry. (Just look at the Videos posted on the forums, you see what i mean. Good players et recked by a clicker :roll: )

On WL its garbage, but WL only has a hard time against Mara maybe. But still then pet kite and run away.

Surely this is a small scale/1v1 issue and the Devs don't give a wer noodle about it.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Fallenkezef

Post#35 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:17 am

Panzerkasper wrote:
Hastykrasty wrote:Why so much hate on riposte?
Every mdps has it. I'm just asking
It's a 0 effort, no brainer tactic, that does way too much damage. It finally needs an icd or its damage atleast halfed.
Yes every mdps has it, but order can make way more use of this.

WH has RB, so after 3 seconds in knockdown after the opener and another 5 seconds of RB you can finally start attacking him and still then a WH specced for this has easy 50-60% parry (if not more). That means you have to survive 8 seconds of damage before you practically can do anything.

Slayer himself doesnt give a **** if his enemy slots riposte, because lol Rampage. While he himself still can slot is and make good use of it with 60% parry. (Just look at the Videos posted on the forums, you see what i mean. Good players et recked by a clicker :roll: )

On WL its garbage, but WL only has a hard time against Mara maybe. But still then pet kite and run away.

Surely this is a small scale/1v1 issue and the Devs don't give a wer noodle about it.
Good players rekt by a clicker.....

So a clicker can't be a good player? What arrogant, juvenile, pretentious, ignorant snd blatantly daft bs.

All I see in this thread is arrogant gits putting off a bloke from playing a given class because they worship this god of meta.

Not my religion
Alea iacta est

Panzerkasper

Post#36 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:34 am

Fallenkezef wrote:Good players rekt by a clicker.....

So a clicker can't be a good player? What arrogant, juvenile, pretentious, ignorant snd blatantly daft bs.

All I see in this thread is arrogant gits putting off a bloke from playing a given class because they worship this god of meta.

Not my religion
Sorry, i was not precise enough. A clicker with NerfedButtons.

Is there anything coming with some substance or did I just strike a nerve here?

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Fallenkezef

Post#37 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 am

Panzerkasper wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:Good players rekt by a clicker.....

Not my religion
Sorry, i was not precise enough. A clicker with NerfedButtons.

Is there anything coming with some substance or did I just strike a nerve here?
Just the camel-breaking straw.

This whole thread is a bunch of crap, so many replies telling a bloke he shouldn't play a class, no wonder he's been put off.

All in the name of this mythical "meta" perfect WB when the real "meta" is blobbing up and overunning the other sides afks on bos untill it's time to siege while the other side's blob avoids yours in another zone.
Alea iacta est

Darosh
Banned

Post#38 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Agency.
Spoiler:
If I had to choose between DPS to guard, I'd guardbot for Csi, Falkenstein, Paris and Tion (as well as all the other fancy Hatninjas) any day of the week, rather than any run-of the mill Slayer/WL/x. While most folks are fun people, Hatninjas usually have a major edge in terms of personal 'skill' and are alot more reliable because of it.

But thats my 2cents on the matter, if OP would play the game and decide for himself whether or not he likes the class he'd save himself alot of time and frustration. I never quite unterstood why anyone would invite strangers to project their own misery onto one's interest ~ if you fancy something, and if you in any way, shape and form consider it precious enough to spend your time on it, you'll find ways to make it work. (Csi's warbands come to mind, generally speaking Player>Class.)

Ads
Bamboozeled

Post#39 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:05 pm

If 6 mans aren't inviting you then you just aren't playing a WH correctly. I sign in and there is ALWAYS a spot in a 6 man for me. But like people have said. You will sometimes go solo. In WB I find myself in my own party a lot but I don't mind because I know my job is the scout and support the main WB party. Sure I die here and there but know the limits of my ability and usually get out just in time.

I think the WH is the one of the most fun and skilled classes to play. And this is a game so you're suppose to have fun. Keep in mind if you mess up you're dead and sooner or later you're gonna get pissed about respawning and paying the gold to get rid of your debuff. That is what makes and breaks WH and I feel why a lot of them quit.

Plus if you go solo there is nothing more satisfying then stealthing up the oil and pouring it on a destro wb as they come through the door and watching them purple numbers fly.

Elmuerto

Post#40 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:39 pm

Yeahhrgh...WH not the best class for an introduction, as soon as within draw distance range attacks are flying at you, you're snared and every character in Chaos looses their marbles in an attempt to get in the killing blow..because of that ...one time...back in Praag. You have to be hella schwifty.

Once you're in a guild 6 man or grouping up you can abandon conf and wham that double heal debuff with PTF/Bullets on healers with your personal choice of whatever else.

But for relaxation alot of other classes roll a bit smoother.