Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Hunter] New player looking for a build!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Avici

Re: [Witch Hunter] New player looking for a build!

Post#21 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
Avici wrote:That's what I'm saying. WH is better for solo, WE is better for group. And yes, you lose BAL if you want the heal debuff AND all other must-have stuff like crit tactic and magnus. You have Career Builder to prove me wrong.
You dont get AND, you get either this or this.
I honesty don't think it's a good build. Do you really want to trade the shroud of magnus for HD?

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#22 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Bugger the haters

There is an all-WH guild on Order, the name escapes me, look for them maybe.

Failing that look up Diogenes, great guild, always welcoming whatever your class.
Alea iacta est

filipanton

Post#23 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Avici wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:
Avici wrote:That's what I'm saying. WH is better for solo, WE is better for group. And yes, you lose BAL if you want the heal debuff AND all other must-have stuff like crit tactic and magnus. You have Career Builder to prove me wrong.
I honesty don't think it's a good build. Do you really want to trade the shroud of magnus for HD?
Is there a meta build or something? Everyone seems to have different opinions on everything xD

Fallenkezef

Post#24 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm

filipanton wrote:
Avici wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:
Is there a meta build or something? Everyone seems to have different opinions on everything xD
Isnt it great? Actual variety
Alea iacta est

witchdoctor

Post#25 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Avici wrote:I honesty don't think it's a good build. Do you really want to trade the shroud of magnus for HD?
You dont need healdebuff when you play solo... and you have healdebuff bullets^^ (yes i know incoming / outgoing)
Fallenkezef wrote:There is an all-WH guild on Order, the name escapes me, look for them maybe.
WH only guild? sounds cool :twisted:

Avici

Post#26 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Due to perfect balance, WH has only one viable build. ;)
The first one Panzerkasper linked, but with Shroud of Magnus instead of punishing the false.

Panzerkasper

Post#27 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:11 pm

filipanton wrote:
Avici wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:
The "Meta build" if you will is the first one I posted. The Meta, before melee-SW got changed and made popular, was WL+WH and then you need a inc-HD, because the WL got none.

For Solo play, both builds are situationally good. Although the second 1 is the better way since you can abuse Riposte to the maximum.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Hastykrasty

Post#28 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:45 pm

Why so much hate on riposte?
Every mdps has it. I'm just asking
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#29 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Here's some truth for you, in case the dissenting opinions are confusing you.

Witch Hunter is a weak class. He is completely subpar compared to White Lion and Slayer in every single area. No one will invite you to groups as a WH unless you know them IRL or from other games. No guild will want you. In scenarios and RvR fights, you will essentially be a useless third leg since you cannot make any significant difference in a fight due to your lack of survivability and lack of AOE.

WH is good at one thing and one thing only: ganking lone players. Unless you HEAVILY outgear them, you will not win any 1v2 or greater fights. Plus, Warhammer is mostly a mass PvP game, with fights between 6 to several dozen players, so solo fights are exceptionally rare. Even when stragglers are falling behind their main WB, they will move in a group, and even if you do catch one alone, killing one guy won't make a significant difference.

Also, yes, Order has a massive glut of solo DPS players. There are basically no tanks on Order (the ones who do roll 'tank' classes like IB or Knight almost exclusively go 2 hander and try to DPS), and very few healers (and once again, those who do roll healers tend to play the class as DPS). This is why Order almost always loses.

Witch Hunter can be FUN to play, sure. But WH gets nothing done and no one wants them. Sorry. If it makes you feel better, my own class is also in the shithole for many of the same reasons.

filipanton

Post#30 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:08 pm

Mystry wrote:Here's some truth for you, in case the dissenting opinions are confusing you.

Witch Hunter is a weak class. He is completely subpar compared to White Lion and Slayer in every single area. No one will invite you to groups as a WH unless you know them IRL or from other games. No guild will want you. In scenarios and RvR fights, you will essentially be a useless third leg since you cannot make any significant difference in a fight due to your lack of survivability and lack of AOE.

WH is good at one thing and one thing only: ganking lone players. Unless you HEAVILY outgear them, you will not win any 1v2 or greater fights. Plus, Warhammer is mostly a mass PvP game, with fights between 6 to several dozen players, so solo fights are exceptionally rare. Even when stragglers are falling behind their main WB, they will move in a group, and even if you do catch one alone, killing one guy won't make a significant difference.

Also, yes, Order has a massive glut of solo DPS players. There are basically no tanks on Order (the ones who do roll 'tank' classes like IB or Knight almost exclusively go 2 hander and try to DPS), and very few healers (and once again, those who do roll healers tend to play the class as DPS). This is why Order almost always loses.

Witch Hunter can be FUN to play, sure. But WH gets nothing done and no one wants them. Sorry. If it makes you feel better, my own class is also in the shithole for many of the same reasons.
Honestly I played for a bit and it wasnt really that fun, gonna try out a caster, thinking maybe like a Shaman... if that isnt fun ill probably quit, as a new player the game is really confusing.