Recent Topics

Ads

Need a WH Guide ( renown rank + specs )

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
thomas1995

Need a WH Guide ( renown rank + specs )

Post#1 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:30 am

Is there any recent guide about WH ?
I'm at the moment lvl 22, and I feel I begin to appreciate the class, but in need of some guidance !

A Big Guide with a lot of explanation and such would really be appreciated.

ThoGrey

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Re: Need a WH Guide ( renown rank + specs )

Post#2 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:51 am

I'm gonna save you a whole lot of time, effort, frustration and headaches and tell you:
Just reroll White Lion or Slayer. WH is completely and utterly busted and has no use in the game whatsoever right now; particularly since the end game is almost exclusively large warband content and the devs consistently refuse to unify PvP currencies for some reason, so you can't get your DPS gear by doing scenarios.

However, if you choose NOT to heed that advice, the basic idea of WH is to ambush whatever your slayer/white lion is hitting, knock them down with pistol whip, and then burst as hard as possible with Absolution (or Burn away Lies), building with Torment while behind them to ignore armor.

Here is a basic 40/40 burst build: Link

Alternatively, if you want to pretend like you have a use in a group (you don't), here's an AOE Dragon Gun morale pump/morale dump build which is 'supposed' to be for warband play: Link

The idea is to load up on defensive moves and survive in combat with some self healing while draining enemy morale and providing allys morale. Where it falls apart is the fact that even with all those defenses, WH does not survive in large fights since it's stuck with light armor.

For renown points, just get maximum futile blows, and throw any left overs into initiative.

thomas1995

Post#3 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:56 am

I know that WH is inferior to the WL and a Slayer if played the same way, but I don't get why people tell that it has no use ?
Okay in Offense there is no real use for a WH, since they are out of reach or it's purely waiting for the tanks to move in and then have a chance on them.

There is a bandwagon where people just wants to hate on WH because they like hating on a WH.
I get it, a Stealth class is a selfish class and don't add up on the Melee frontline meta, but it has it's use, if the WH doesn't hide.

IMO, for now I only see the problem with WH when they are pugging with no coordination, but yesterday with our guild, we did some bits.

I can't be the only one feeling that WH just needs a couple of buffs to make them ''Busted'' while they are atm just a normal class. WH is just a class that isn't easy to play.

gke96

Post#4 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:02 am

WH is fine just git gud
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

gke96

Post#5 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:07 am

Also mystry's build is garbage
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

kryss

Post#6 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:18 am

Mystry wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:51 am I'm gonna save you a whole lot of time, effort, frustration and headaches and tell you:
Just reroll White Lion or Slayer. WH is completely and utterly busted and has no use in the game whatsoever right now; particularly since the end game is almost exclusively large warband content and the devs consistently refuse to unify PvP currencies for some reason, so you can't get your DPS gear by doing scenarios.
This is misinformation/garbage.

WH has a use in cities - a very specific one - which is morale draining. WBs don't need 3-4 WHs, of course, but one or two who know their stuff and are specced accordingly (and no, "LFG/5 WH AOE Dragon Gun LF CITY!!!1!" is not enough). The reason is simple: you don't want all those Destro WBs, and specifically sorcs, to morale bomb you in the ass. At the same time, you can do very decent DPS, sometimes competitive and toe to toe with BWs and Slayers, if not more if you're good. This is meta at the moment and I can provide specific experience/advice/city tables screenshots/intensive testing in PM, if needed. This, of course, is valid for competitive/organized/guild play with comms and everything: if you don't plan to stick to this project, yeah, my advice is to reroll.

Besides that, WH is the usual good soloer: If played well, you can kill anything (yes, anything) 1 on 1 and also 1 vs 2. You need some ranks and gear, of course, but more than that brain and the will to run with at least three different set of tactics that you will switch dynamically before the fight, according to your targets and situation. You will suffer solo for a while - let's say at least till r40 rr50, but after that the class will be sastsfying. You just need to invest into it, a LOT more than the others.

jokerspsycho

Post#7 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:01 am

kryss wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:18 am
Mystry wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:51 am I'm gonna save you a whole lot of time, effort, frustration and headaches and tell you:
This is misinformation/garbage.

WH has a use in cities - a very specific one - which is morale draining. WBs don't need 3-4 WHs, of course, but one or two who know their stuff and are specced accordingly (and no, "LFG/5 WH AOE Dragon Gun LF CITY!!!1!" is not enough). The reason is simple: you don't want all those Destro WBs, and specifically sorcs, to morale bomb you in the ass. At the same time, you can do very decent DPS, sometimes competitive and toe to toe with BWs and Slayers, if not more if you're good. This is meta at the moment and I can provide specific experience/advice/city tables screenshots/intensive testing in PM, if needed. This, of course, is valid for competitive/organized/guild play with comms and everything: if you don't plan to stick to this project, yeah, my advice is to reroll.

Besides that, WH is the usual good soloer: If played well, you can kill anything (yes, anything) 1 on 1 and also 1 vs 2. You need some ranks and gear, of course, but more than that brain and the will to run with at least three different set of tactics that you will switch dynamically before the fight, according to your targets and situation. You will suffer solo for a while - let's say at least till r40 rr50, but after that the class will be sastsfying. You just need to invest into it, a LOT more than the others.
Side question: is there a reason to bring a SW at all to city? Seems kinda useless there atm and would be better off filled by another class

Main point: what would an "optimal" build for small scale and then city look like if u dont mind my asking?

abezverkhiy

Post#8 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:08 am

WH is difficult to play. A loner hiding and waiting for its prey is not much fun to play. They do not need you in big parties. Low survival capabilities and insufficiently high damage make your life very difficult. Unless they do something with it I rather play my engineer or warrior priest.

Build:

Inquisition tree is only worth investing if you decide to take Punish The False. Exit Wounds is not good enough.

Judgment tree is good to invest in almost every case. Burn Away Lies!, Pistol Whip, Sanctified Oil, and Fanatical Cleansing tactic are very important.

Confession tree is also a good choice - you have Shroud of Magnus, Repel Blasphemy, Dragon Gun and armor pen tactic to choose from. If you take Shroud of Magnus then couple it with Vindication tactic, if you take Repel Blasphemy then consider taking Riposte tactic.

Continuing with tactics - other good ones are Flanking and Brute Force. There are two good survival tactics - Close Combat and Emperor's Ward. But you can only take 4, so choose wisely.

Try it if you like a long way home. I started to enjoy it only after 50rr. Before that I was a renown leeching wagon attached to a wb only able to finish half dead destros. After 50rr I started to have my life, not all the time but periodically)) This class is very gear dependent.

To put it simple - I enjoy playing my other toons more.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#9 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:15 am

oh and forgot renown perks - I suggest Deft Defender and parry. And then crit. Taking Futile Strikes is a question mark - you need to avoid damage, your mitigation is crap, they will kick the hell out of you regarless if you have Futile Strike or not.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Mystry
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:57 pm

Just a friendly reminder that anyone trying to refute my original reply is either completely out of touch with the game, or just plain wrong.

Anything WH can do, WL/Slayer can do and infinitely better. Don't waste a year and a half of your life like I did trying to make WH work. It won't happen.