Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior Priest] Grace WP... 2hand!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Onykz

[Warrior Priest] Grace WP... 2hand!

Post#1 » Sun May 03, 2020 8:12 pm

I love everything about WP/DoK melee healing, such a fun and unique playstyle.

But the shields keep bothering me to no end...

I started playing again after the shields were implemented and my heart just sank, WHERE’S MY HOLY 2 HAND HAMMER FOR THE LOVE OF SIGMAR!

Has there been any talk of letting Grace choose between 2h and shield, instead of being pigeon-holed into just 1h and shield?

As a sidenote Grace seems to be in a quite good spot atm, so good job there devs!

Ads
Specialpatrol

Re: [Warrior Priest] Grace WP... 2hand!

Post#2 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Sadly no. Not officially, at least. They actually seem quite happy and proud of the whole Shield-aspect. And to be fair, it does have its moments.

What they somehow totally overlooked (or ignored), is the fact that the WP (and DoK) now is the most grindy/expensive class you can pick, at least if you want to try all aspects of it - as you now need a dedicated armor set and corresponding weapon set per Mastery Tree.

No other class require same level of gear grind, to my knowledge. And we got Shields to thank for that. So I hope you’re in for the long haul.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

MMXX43

Post#3 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:08 am

How about 2h salv :P ?

uanaka

Post#4 » Mon May 04, 2020 1:40 am

Sorry, but the only reasonable answer is to grace wp actually take advantage of the strength books that we have from the sc vendors. Let us use sigmar radiance with those strength tomes!!

nuadarstark

Post#5 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:27 pm

The STR tome is such a weird item in the game atm. It makes no sense and has zero use.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Specialpatrol

Post#6 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:07 pm

The dps books always were a fluff-thing, not a needed item. Grace was designed with 2h in mind, like Wrath. But none of the trees had weapon-specific tactics, which meant you could run both specs with the dps-book, if you wanted.

I’d be fine with shields, if they were an optional thing, like the dps book (and had better skins). But they’re been made mandatory for Grace spec - while 2h has been made mandatory for Wrath.

Add to this mandatory armor sets for each Tree and the result is the most grind-heavy class in the game. Which is somewhat ill thought out.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

uanaka

Post#7 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:04 pm

It would be great if they would at least let us use the str tome for the appearance at the very least :P

CountTalabecland

Post#8 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:14 pm

The fact that the awesome 2h holy hammer of sigmar has always been useless in this game is the main reason I main dwarfs over a WP. I hate that stupid pocketbook.

The WP Warhammer is the namesake of the IP and it sits on the dusty shelf of DPS wannabe off spec.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Zxul

Post#9 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:23 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:27 pm The STR tome is such a weird item in the game atm. It makes no sense and has zero use.
If it helps, on dok I specced dps with chalice back on live, and using hybrid dps build with chalice here.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Vayra

Post#10 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:26 pm

Yes please, bring back Grace/Sac with 2h/dw. That would also go a long way towards encouraging more offensive gearing for those specs. 1h+shield is so boring.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG