Recent Topics

Ads

Mighty Soul Removed?!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CptGeorges

Re: Mighty Soul Removed?!

Post#41 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:44 pm

detrap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:26 pm
CptGeorges wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:00 pm
detrap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:45 pm

You can still 1 v x with a knight, I never relied on MS to do that. The game isn't about solo'ing anyway lol. They are not promoting useless dps auras, because in a non pve premade why would you run those?
Okay you are missing the whole point. I clearly have to speak in very fine detail. Scenarios and RvR are 2 different beasts. When you play a tank and you want to apply PRESSURE to say a r-dps or a healer rather then being a health pool for somebody else that can be safely ignored, you build more offensively. Now, for the swordmaster and the IB I don't need to argue anything. Both of those classes can EXCELL at pressure. I play both, I know.

Now what does the kotbs have to show for? What pressure can I do as kotbs? Well, there's auras. The only really useful one for pressure is the heal debuff. Maybe the ap drain, if the fight persists long enough. Damage? well, now what used to be useful and unique about the kotbs is while you had less damage than any tank you could get mighty soul and bypass armor. You would still not get crazy burst like say a grudge-full IB or a swordmaster, but it would make it so people CANT ignore you. People also still have RESISTANCES. Combine that with the 15% damage increase you take and even then it is considered a bit meh, but I was willing to suffer for it because at least it was something.

What you are doing now is having the knight rely solely on his auras to do any form of pressure. Now if somebody thinks that this is fun go ahead I am not going to stop you. But by removing mighty soul you removed what little oomph the class had on a single target neccesary in scenarios to be a meaningful presence. You made a class that is on a more passive, boring side even more boring. I really does feel like whoever is making the balancing decision is thinking in blanket terms and doesnt understand individual classes.
You could be missing the point too. The knights and chosens passive pressure is from auras because that's their entire mechanic.

A knight has up to 4 consecutive interrupts they can apply on one caster. Two ap drains, setback aura, heal debuff, crit debuff, wounds and two defensive state debuffs...plus you can bypass 25% armour after you apply your BB dots and M1. If you are worried about not doing enough damage in your dps gear slot focused offense maybe?

Different tank, different role.
things you have listed here cannot be simultaneously had. We apply different pressure. That is fine. But if it's only auras? That is not fun. Im sorry I might be crazy but auras are fun as a novelty but then you see how it alters the entire class and it becomes a drag. Dont get me wrong I like the auras. But should I rely solely and just on auras to apply pressure? And keep in mind now that the entire CONQUEST tree is virtually useless now. If you get some of those debuffs you need to invest deep into a tree that is just bad.

Ads
Sofong

Post#42 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:50 pm

theres plenty op solo build need to be nerf long ago

Zxul

Post#43 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:01 pm

Interesting. Run a ws build on my chosen before the DW, worked fine for solo roaming. Guess if I will start actively playing him again, will just got back to it.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

zulnam

Post#44 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:01 pm

detrap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:45 pm

You can still 1 v x with a knight, I never relied on MS to do that. The game isn't about solo'ing anyway lol. They are not promoting useless dps auras, because in a non pve premade why would you run those?
Okay you are missing the whole point. I clearly have to speak in very fine detail. Scenarios and RvR are 2 different beasts. When you play a tank and you want to apply PRESSURE to say a r-dps or a healer rather then being a health pool for somebody else that can be safely ignored, you build more offensively. Now, for the swordmaster and the IB I don't need to argue anything. Both of those classes can EXCELL at pressure. I play both, I know.

Now what does the kotbs have to show for? What pressure can I do as kotbs? Well, there's auras. The only really useful one for pressure is the heal debuff. Maybe the ap drain, if the fight persists long enough. Damage? well, now what used to be useful and unique about the kotbs is while you had less damage than any tank you could get mighty soul and bypass armor. You would still not get crazy burst like say a grudge-full IB or a swordmaster, but it would make it so people CANT ignore you. People also still have RESISTANCES. Combine that with the 15% damage increase you take and even then it is considered a bit meh, but I was willing to suffer for it because at least it was something.

What you are doing now is having the knight rely solely on his auras to do any form of pressure. Now if somebody thinks that this is fun go ahead I am not going to stop you. But by removing mighty soul you removed what little oomph the class had on a single target neccesary in scenarios to be a meaningful presence. You made a class that is on a more passive, boring side even more boring. I really does feel like whoever is making the balancing decision is thinking in blanket terms and doesnt understand individual classes.
You could be missing the point too. The knights and chosens passive pressure is from auras because that's their entire mechanic.

A knight has up to 4 consecutive interrupts they can apply on one caster. Two ap drains, setback aura, heal debuff, crit debuff, wounds and two defensive state debuffs...plus you can bypass 25% armour after you apply your BB dots and M1. If you are worried about not doing enough damage in your dps gear slot focused offense maybe?

Ok so then WHY was the tactic removed? The way i see it

- a few of us liked it and used it
- a few think it was trash and never used it
- NO ONE thinks it was OP

so then the change was basically done just to ruin Group A's day.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Uchoo

Post#45 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:11 pm

Rydiak wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:09 pm MS/DW were stupidly overpowered in the way they worked, converting *all* damage output to the respective magic damage type. The devs made more of the Knight's abilities do magic damage (to mirror the Chosen), and the game is better with these tactics removed.
I can understand you guys taking out DW/MS but then you don't give Knights back Runefang? That tactic was the bread and butter of offensive Knights and the only source of any Parry chance for a 2H knight. 2H knight is now the only tank class that doesn't have any kind of Parry synergy with a 2H on.

Runefang was reworked into it's current state when Mighty Soul was introduced, isn't it time to give it back and put the world right again?

Furthermore, I hope you understand that tagging Heaven's Fury with Ele and expecting Knights to use it as a damage tool is preposterous. Handing out immunity timers for some damage gain on an ability that doesn't do much damage even when scaled correctly is a complete farce.

What WOULD make sense is making Staggering Impact Ele and giving Knights a tactic that mirrors the effect of Oppressing Blow's line "causes Relentless to inflict Spirit damage", except for Myrmidia's Fury. This -maybe- isn't needed if you fix Runefang and make it core again. Please, just do something that makes sense.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Tarantoga

Post#46 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Muurloen wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:10 pm Again, I will state that IF knights and chosen are to be dealing physical damage, then the offensive sets across the board need to have WS pumped into them to be worth getting.
100% agree

btw the abilities now doing elemental damage are a bad joke...

Muurloen

Post#47 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:36 pm

Uchoo wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:11 pm
Rydiak wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:09 pm MS/DW were stupidly overpowered in the way they worked, converting *all* damage output to the respective magic damage type. The devs made more of the Knight's abilities do magic damage (to mirror the Chosen), and the game is better with these tactics removed.
I can understand you guys taking out DW/MS but then you don't give Knights back Runefang? That tactic was the bread and butter of offensive Knights and the only source of any Parry chance for a 2H knight. 2H knight is now the only tank class that doesn't have any kind of Parry synergy with a 2H on.

Runefang was reworked into it's current state when Mighty Soul was introduced, isn't it time to give it back and put the world right again?

Furthermore, I hope you understand that tagging Heaven's Fury with Ele and expecting Knights to use it as a damage tool is preposterous. Handing out immunity timers for some damage gain on an ability that doesn't do much damage even when scaled correctly is a complete farce.

What WOULD make sense is making Staggering Impact Ele and giving Knights a tactic that mirrors the effect of Oppressing Blow's line "causes Relentless to inflict Spirit damage", except for Myrmidia's Fury. This -maybe- isn't needed if you fix Runefang and make it core again. Please, just do something that makes sense.
This would help a ton in getting WS back into the hands of Knights.
Muurlat DazKrom - Slayer RR8*
Kmuurlat Von Krom - Knight RR8*

detrap

Post#48 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:37 pm

CptGeorges wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:44 pm

things you have listed here cannot be simultaneously had. We apply different pressure. That is fine. But if it's only auras? That is not fun. Im sorry I might be crazy but auras are fun as a novelty but then you see how it alters the entire class and it becomes a drag. Dont get me wrong I like the auras. But should I rely solely and just on auras to apply pressure? And keep in mind now that the entire CONQUEST tree is virtually useless now. If you get some of those debuffs you need to invest deep into a tree that is just bad.
Sorry but you must be misinformed, conquest tree is amazing for your warband, aoe crit debuff plus 10% defensive debuff plus biting blade reduces parry by 5% on crit that can proc off arcing swing and the dots off staggering impact, the tactic that reduces ap cost of all abilities in said tree and precision strike. Blackguard has a slightly similar tree btw. I pointed out all the pressure abilities you have not including auras.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ads
detrap

Post#49 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:38 pm

zulnam wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:01 pm

Ok so then WHY was the tactic removed? The way i see it

- a few of us liked it and used it
- a few think it was trash and never used it
- NO ONE thinks it was OP

so then the change was basically done just to ruin Group A's day.
Your question has been answered already on the first page.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

sharpblader

Post#50 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:39 pm

Hello!

For the past 2 months Ive been roaming the lakes solo on my Knight with a MS spec. I agree with the devs that MS is strong. If you have the gear and tactics ,depending against the classes you fight you can win even in 1v3.

Since they changed how the dot worked for abilities (started ticking even when they were reapplied) this spec became stronger and personally I never even had to use PS again.

Its a very strong spec against enemies who cannot heal because you can simply outlast them. It comes with a cost of taking 15% extra damage but that can be covered with the right tactics and gear (Emp Ward, Rugged, Runefang, 3x Fleshrender, Warlord and Sov armor which gives regen).

But.....its a very niche spec and only works in solo roaming IMO. Why? Because the damage is slow and steady and can be easily out-healed by any competent healer also the success of this spec lies in the "thorn" damage from OyG and SotS. It has its uses in SC but it doesnt take time for the enemy to figure out that you're relatively squishy. It has 0 usability in Forts and Cities because of the massive dmg you take and of course, in group play your'e better off providing utility to your party anyday of the week because how strong FM and OS are.

To conclude do I like this change? Absolutely NOT.
Will I rant on the forums? I just did.
Will I adjust and keep playing my Solo Knight? Yes (wish me luck)

Lastly, given this change I expect to see balance changes around 1v1 now.