Recent Topics

Ads

[wh] Middle tree build.

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

[wh] Middle tree build.

Post#1 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:58 pm

Had anyone tried?

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... t=8131,526

Since Fervor apparently ticks as hard as BAL with 3 stacked, its replaces the finisher dmg, and middle tree is maxed to maximize the dmg on it. Exit Wound used for the toughness debuff, to once again add dmg to Fervor + to rest of things.

The rotation is after opener build Fervor x 3, then use Fervor as every 5th ability to keep it up. Once at 5 accusations use Exit Wound. Use Seeker's Blade on cd, and Razor Strike/ Torment as filler depending on armor on target. Jagged Edge to add extra dot, and a bit of ranged dmg with it going off Snap Shot to help finish off runners.

Or in other words, opener >Fervor x3 > 5 accusations at this point so Exit Wound > Seeker's Blade > filler x2 or possibly utility like TB or heal debuff >Fervor to renew it.

No kd in this build, but all of your stuff is frontal in this build anyway, and Fervor has no cd so can repeat it if parried etc. And specifically vs sham can use silence after opener, 4 sec to fit stuff in then. Possibly followed by Shroud of Magnus, to really have time to work on the sham.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Adelmar

Re: [wh] Middle tree build.

Post#2 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:51 pm

I don't think this build is as strong as you might believe it is. Fervor is a decent ability to help cover other debuffs and the damage, as you said, is fairly good when triple stacked, but like post rework BHA was for Shadow Warrior, using 3GCDs for 3 stacks of whatever to be potentially wiped by a single cleanse just feels bad. The AP cost:damage ratio doesn't pan out too well, especially as a "main" damage ability. BAL even with the multiple nerfs that has hit it over the years still hits way harder than 3X Fervor.

Now for Exit Wound- It's an absolute shadow of what it used to be. Abso hits just as hard or harder and while the debuff is very good, it's use as a finisher outside of competitive 6 man content is sorely lacking and definitely not a finisher I would spec for or use in solo roam.

That being said, Seeker's with the tactic is very good which if you're roaming with another WH or even in a 3-6 man you could definitely grab since middle tree is nice to sub into, I just don't think it's too great as your main tree. BAL/FC/PW into RB/SoM in Confession or PtF/SoD/Seeker's Triumph is probably more my style.

Just my opinion.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

siglade

Post#3 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 pm

Cleance dont remove all stack at once since ability rework.

Fervor do 1/3 of bal damage, not sure how you come with fervor*3=bal, mid tree is crit dependant with low sustain. KD is mandatory, silence dont prevent them using pot-moral and without crit damage low chance to kill fast.
bachata, excommunicate abuser

Adelmar

Post#4 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:02 pm

siglade wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 pm Cleance dont remove all stack at once since ability rework.
Oh, good to know. Since I shelved my WH for my SW and BHA hasn't stacked for awhile now, I never even realized that.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Zxul

Post#5 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:01 pm

siglade wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 pm Cleance dont remove all stack at once since ability rework.

Fervor do 1/3 of bal damage, not sure how you come with fervor*3=bal, mid tree is crit dependant with low sustain. KD is mandatory, silence dont prevent them using pot-moral and without crit damage low chance to kill fast.
Nice, didn't actually knew about cleanse change.

About fervor*3=bal run into post about while searching something, though can't find it now. Possibly the post was talking about just the dot without BAL final tick.

How much do they do exactly with say 1 k str- the Fervor with the middle tree maxed of cause since it makes a lot of difference compared to Fervor with no points in tree. Fervor has an advantage of the dot doing spirit dmg as well.

And yep this build is a bit more about combining dots + debuffs to max dmg, than about frontal burst.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

salazarn

Post#6 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:36 am

No one ever puts points in middle tree because u basucally need RB and a knockdown to function.

WE are different ofc. They can take their version of Bal with the other stuff middle tree has to offer

Zxul

Post#7 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:35 pm

salazarn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:36 am No one ever puts points in middle tree because u basucally need RB and a knockdown to function.

WE are different ofc. They can take their version of Bal with the other stuff middle tree has to offer
Thing is, I do know for a fact there were very good WEs using no kd builds. It does takes a frontal dmg build though, instead of backstab one/ one where you have to put a specific debuffs in at the start of the fight. However the middle tree build in this thread is just like that, question is how much dmg will it do.

Faction69

Post#8 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:51 pm

My BAL dot with 5 combo points crits for 1500 or more on low armour targets. There's no way for middle tree to compete with it. A build that goes healing debuff with BAL is viable in group play, but you definitely wouldn't want to use fervor except to pad dispels.

Ads
Zxul

Post#9 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:35 pm

Faction69 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:51 pm My BAL dot with 5 combo points crits for 1500 or more on low armour targets. There's no way for middle tree to compete with it. A build that goes healing debuff with BAL is viable in group play, but you definitely wouldn't want to use fervor except to pad dispels.
1. There is also a question of a higher armor targets.
2. There is still a question of what exactly the dmg that Fervor does with mid tree maxed, and with Exit Wound running on target- don't have a WH so someone else needs to test it.
2. Exit Wound from mid tree adds dmg not just to Fervor, but to all other abilities as well, so there is also the question of dmg added from other abilities compared to BAL dmg.