Recent Topics

Ads

[Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Osred

Re: [Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Post#281 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Couldnt imagine playing without gusting wind. Its pretty damn good if you need a bunch of people off your damn defense target to give breathing room. Gusting wind is bad when used by bad players.

SM as a whole could use some work in the defensive tree, but you guys are massively underrating how much of a good position SM is right now.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Ads
Zintair

Post#282 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:34 pm

@SMs

I've been doing some research but not having much success, do you guys have any recommendations for leveling 2h weapons better quality than the greens you buy from vendors or the dropped greens (which I'm currently using).

I'm about to be lvl 20 and RR26. I'm looking for one or two to get me through to lvl 31-32 when I can start farming for the big boy stuff.

Armor is easy and I found that on the wiki.

Much appreciated!!!
Phoenix Throne - Bad Moon Officer - Black Guard / Chosen

ROR - Zinn SM 34/34 // Zindaddy RP
Montague

Ugle

Post#283 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:37 pm

Scen weapons. Always
inactive

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#284 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:38 pm

Get the scenario weapons. Can do t3 epic quest as well, theyre easy and give better weapon than t3 sc weapons, but require lvl 27.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Zintair

Post#285 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Thanks guys I was hoping there was an alternative cause the T2-3 bracket of SCs is low pop for me NA luckily weekend rolling through so I'll have much more time!

Thanks both and ty for the T3 epic weapon advice in case I can't scrounge the emblems for the SC weapons!

<3 you guys

Montague

DokB

Post#286 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:13 am

Since the other topic got locked: What damage numbers do you guys hit at the moment when using ED/stacking spirit resistance debuff?

How big of impact would a removal of the stacking rule of Heaven’s Blade have on your numbers?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

peterthepan3

Post#287 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:30 am

10%+ dps loss - more for WW SMs.

Ed can hit for 900+ but I don't cap strength (only 700) and so it could easily reach 980+ probably.

Collateral

Post#288 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:47 am

So you would lose about 100 dmg on ed hit? I personally don't see how that's very huge. 800 crits are really the most I could do on my bo on thc, with similar str (700+). Granted, bo has other non channeling skills that have very high tooltip damage, and can crit for massive numbers (over 1k), but I don't really play dps sm so I can't say if they have similar skills like those. From my experience they don't. Would making sm into physical dmg tank make a big difference to you?

The idea would be to make them rely less on double or triple spirit debuffs. Ofc you wouldn't have only physical damage. Similar to bo (who has corp damage and debuffs), you can have some skills that deal spirit dmg, like blurring shock.

Ads
Zintair

Post#289 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:02 am

You would have to account for knight aura as well in some scenarios of it. Although triple stack is way too much I couldn't say regarding just double stacking it. Since now no classes will benefit cause resist debuff is gone.

Why I was proposing maybe a flat damage increase on a smaller level but keep some group utility with the enchantment.

But lots of ways to go that could be good but I still feel a solid rework of the class would be nice to flesh out the utility the provide to a group that would be bring it more in line with the other 5 tanks.

Montague

Thamor

Post#290 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:40 am

Best on this server been 1100 ED crits...
Rare Units
Errandyl - SM
Kirali - WH
Kiralir - BW
Kiralia - WP
Fallen Legion
Kiraliel - WE
Thamor - Dok
Tham - Bo
Kiralie - Sorc