Recent Topics

Ads

[Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: [Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Post#321 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:21 pm

Good luck going super tanky and super offensive as a BG now. Also, as both a SM and BG player, I can affirm that BG is several times harder to play properly than SM; SM is stupidly easy to play.

Ads
Osred

Post#322 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:00 pm

kolrhil wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 am
Anyone use blessing of Heaven or bolstering enchantments?
Occassionally.

Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Aethilmar

Post#323 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Osred wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:00 pm
kolrhil wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 am
Anyone use blessing of Heaven or bolstering enchantments?
Occassionally.

Nice screenshot. I hate screenshots. :P

But yes I was running with those in a Vaul/Hoethe 2h build before the latest changes (so had the KD plus the healing enchants). Mostly used it for sponging up random renown in oRvR and occasionally getting reults like that. However, that said, in a focused SC you will often do far less healing and most of it is fluff. And if you have competent healers they will invariably do 2-3 times your healing numbers.

All that said, it would be very interesting to run an entire group (or warband) of healing specced swordmasters to see how they fared....

Aethilmar

Post#324 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:21 pm Good luck going super tanky and super offensive as a BG now. Also, as both a SM and BG player, I can affirm that BG is several times harder to play properly than SM; SM is stupidly easy to play.
Off topic but also true. Anybody who thinks playing a BG is easy has never played a BG. It is (or maybe was with latest changes) a high-skill, high-reward tank to play. Certainly harder than SM although i would love to have the option of SM having the same ceiling given skilled play.

kolrhil

Post#325 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:57 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:21 pm Good luck going super tanky and super offensive as a BG now. Also, as both a SM and BG player, I can affirm that BG is several times harder to play properly than SM; SM is stupidly easy to play.
Stupidly ... Why people Always need to be agressive ?
Do you think SM or BG are balanced ? What will you improve tout make this class better (but not OP)?

kolrhil

Post#326 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:02 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 pm
Off topic but also true. Anybody who thinks playing a BG is easy has never played a BG. It is (or maybe was with latest changes) a high-skill, high-reward tank to play. Certainly harder than SM although i would love to have the option of SM having the same ceiling given skilled play.
Same thing with an IB, it's harder to play ... But if worths it.
I thing SM don't need much changes :
Share bubbles maybe, redirected forces for all attacks defended (just to make vaul good)
In my mind, other trees are ok. ( I mean balanced)
But vaul tree IS useless (sadly)

kolrhil

Post#327 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:05 pm

kolrhil wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:02 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 pm
Same thing with an IB, it's harder to play ... But it worths it.
I think SM don't need much changes :
-Share vaul's bubbles maybe
-redirected forces for all attacks defended (just to make vaul good)
In my mind, other trees are ok. ( I mean balanced)
But vaul tree IS useless (sadly)

CytheX

Post#328 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:54 pm

For party play i found WW ED BA build pretty good. To bad its only for 70

Ads
Harkonen
Banned

Post#329 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:05 am

Hello,

Does anyone know how you can config Buffhead to only display the initiative buff (on self) and initiative debuff (on target), whilst not showing the remaining 5 icons for strength/toughness/willpower/intelligence/weaponskill?

Thanks

DokB

Post#330 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:12 am

Harkonen wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:05 am Hello,

Does anyone know how you can config Buffhead to only display the initiative buff (on self) and initiative debuff (on target), whilst not showing the remaining 5 icons for strength/toughness/willpower/intelligence/weaponskill?

Thanks
Open up buffhead config
Select Self/Enemy
Enter under Always Ignore

Enter under Always Show
3691 <- This is NB ini steal
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard