Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Whirling Pin Failing A LOT

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ToXoS

Re: [SW] Whirling Pin Failing A LOT

Post#31 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:55 am

I agree that the snaring effect of WP should not apply to anyone with an anti-snare or RD, but the self-punt should not be canceled for that.

Ads
Morf

Post#32 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:12 am

Its as if most of you ppl have never played a sw/sh the way you are asking questions about whirling pin and the way some are making stuff up about how it works is pretty disappointing seeing who its coming from.

Its quite simple, if every target is immune to snares be it a mdps with anti root/snare ability or any other class with RD up it wont work, if any enemy is within the snare radius and doesnt have any immunity to snare then it doesnt matter how many enemies are around whether its the closest one or whether its 100 players immune and 1 not, it still punts you back and will snare the targets that are able to be snared.

The only time this changes is when you use whirling pin and are rooted, it will fail everytime.

It has worked this way since it was bugged fix on live where you could selfpunt out of roots (even ch ch) and use it on players immune to snares.
The way it works now is fine, it gives players a counter, if you are to stupid to not pay attention to buffs which make you immune to snares then you deserve to look like a fool and have it fail.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

dansari

Post#33 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:07 pm

I don't think that's true at all, since I've had it fail before in a pile of enemies while not being rooted.
<Salt Factory>

Morf

Post#34 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:59 pm

dansari wrote:I don't think that's true at all, since I've had it fail before in a pile of enemies while not being rooted.
Ok maybe the 100-1 example was a bit much but thats about it :D go play and you can see, never had sticky squigz fail me unless im the one failing and dont pay attention to the snare immunity.

Also range is only 30ft, smart players (especially when it comes down to pulls) will have the non mdps back up when a pull is inc so the sh/sw cannot selfpunt away straight away.

selfpunt works fine.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#35 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Morf wrote:
dansari wrote:I don't think that's true at all, since I've had it fail before in a pile of enemies while not being rooted.
Ok maybe the 100-1 example was a bit much but thats about it :D go play and you can see, never had sticky squigz fail me unless im the one failing and dont pay attention to the snare immunity.

Also range is only 30ft, smart players (especially when it comes down to pulls) will have the non mdps back up when a pull is inc so the sh/sw cannot selfpunt away straight away.

selfpunt works fine.
the way its implemented still feels very wonky. also I dont know why the punt itself has such a big delay. when you press it it still takes like half a second to actually move you backwards.

Morf

Post#36 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:23 pm

saupreusse wrote:
the way its implemented still feels very wonky. also I dont know why the punt itself has such a big delay. when you press it it still takes like half a second to actually move you backwards.
Idk feels fine to me, sure its just not the gcd/animation giving u the delay ? or latency ? only time i notice a delay is if my internet is playing up.

Tesq

Post#37 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Is just that skill is an escape tool, the aim is not CC - point

Now the fact that it can be usef for snare is another matter and regardless how much hard is get a sw or not that is still an escape tool. Main rules goes for every skill. Skill should work to do what is designed for in this case move you away so no it cant fail if you cant snare, it fail if you cant move.
If the snare component is a problem you nerf the snare component ( it wold be time to put it to 5 sec). The only way when it should fail is when YOUrself cant move ( kd and root) snare ppl or not is irrelevsnt or should be.... At least this is my opinion if it goes differently well you have an easy way to get pesky SW tought is not fair for me