Recent Topics

Ads

Countering destro raze

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Glorian

Re: Countering destro raze

Post#51 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Actually most of Footpatroll crazy racial combos work. Of course you need players who respec to your builds or do something more than following a wb leader from BO to BO.

As for racial groups the downside is that some buffs don't stack. On the other hand you can get a playstile of two or three careers and scale it with factor 8.

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#52 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:23 pm

Spoiler:
footpatrol2 wrote: So... look at what I'm doing. I am fully embracing the weaknesses I have and fully exaggerating my strengths to offset my weaknesses.

With High elves it is Anti-kite.
I can roughly do the same thing I'm doing with greenskinz with high elves. The strengths and weaknesses are different so it would operate slightly differently but whatever. Greenskinz is good at kiting. High Elves are good at chasing.
So the philosophy I have: Is what are my strengths? I'll exaggerate the hell out of it and hopefully the playstyle will be overbearing to the point that it outweighs my weaknesses. I'll mitigate my weaknesses via smart play. I'll skew. I'll skew really, really hard. I'm trying to tilt the table. 100% valid approach. Coming out of that you get a particular play-style which is what these racial groups are about. Traditional Balanced all comer comps are 100% valid also. Not trying to steal anything from anyone else. Just different strokes for different folks.

@dans
So I think warbands have the flexibility to fit in utility, tank, raw dps group comps that won't work in 6v6 comps but are 100% valid in warband comps. The only thing you NEED is 2 healer's in each group. You don't NEED 2 tanks in each group comp if you have a strong enough front.

Ok here is a utility group comp that somewhat mimic's what BTC is doing. You don't HAVE to do what BTC is doing obvi.
6 man AM utility group comp.
Go either this spec
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=am; ... ;;0:0:0:0:
Or this spec
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=am; ... ;;0:0:0:0:

You can go either 4 dps and 2 traditional isha's OR just fully commit to 6 dps am's.
Why are you doing this? You are fully embracing the AM mechanic. Last night I did some testing so the AM mechanic works slightly wonky now due to RoR changes. The Morale pump is INTENSE. This group comp is potentially overpowered as hell because of the new way the mechanic works. I don't think RoR anticipates this stuff. Or maybe they do I dunno.

So what can this group do?
6 Asuryan AM's have access to 4 100ft dots = 6 x 4 = 24 dots roughly every 8 sec's. This can be cast on the move. ST assist. Basically single target death to whoever you decide to be your victim. This gets your mechanic to 5 roughly. Cast boon of hysh with Bolstering boon tactic slotted on all AM's. One cast of boon of hysh from this group 250 x 6 = 1500 morale. The way RoR has changed the mechanic the first boon of hysh is nearly instant cast (used to be true instant cast). You can't cast it on the move but you almost can. Stick and move. IF your allowed to be stationary 1 more sec cast boon of hysh again. You get reduced cast time on 2nd boon of hysh like half second cast. That's another 1500 morale ST pump.

On the morale pump:
You can Focus your pump or Split it up depending on what you want to do. You have options.

What else can this group do?
You got 6 marshes which increases your kite/catch game.
You can en masse AE at range ap drain on intel based AM's so you can safely target anything. Unique to AM's. Disgusting.
You got 6 tactic free instant rezes for morale bomb recovery. (not true instant rez, Stick and move)
You can morale pump roughly every 10 sec's nearly instant cast, Stick and move. If allowed to hang out for another 1 sec's that's 3000 morale. You can flip in and out of damage and heal mode collectively/as a team. I can't get into all the tricks this group can do but it is super disgusting and this would require it's own Thread.

So This group only costs you 6 player's out of 24 to get the kind of utility this group can provide. But why stop there. Lets just go Disgusting. Fully commit. For your other 3 groups Take 2 AM's each per group for 6 more. You now have a total of 6 + 6 = 12 marshes. 12 ap drains. 12 bolstering Boon tactic's. Potentially 12 instant rez's for more morale bomb recovery.

Lets just keep going. Take any spec 4 SM's, Instead of Pumping up a knight for solar flare split your morale pump to pump up 4 SM's for 4 early access Wings of heaven which provides a 30ft uncleansable snare upon landing. You can cross guard the SM's or not up to you.

Look at that catch I just produced. In my opinion HE is a kite and strike playstyle. Greenskinz are the same thing but reverse. If I wanted to copy what I'm doing with BTC I'd do this. If I wanted to CRUSH BTC's kite game I would do this. Btw... via the lore goblin's fear high elves... and that is represented in this game. To me this looks like a scream to play.

Is the group comp I listed above weak against certain comps? 100% But as it should right? Will the above comp CRUSH comps not ready for something like this? Yes. You can also en masse tactic slot switch also. You can swap tactic's as a warband to fit the situation your in. The organization/coordination rabbit hole goes deep in this game.

dansari

Post#53 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:38 am

Totally understand. My mindset is more along the lines with what fenyrl said: you now have to find 6-12 AMs to fill that band, and to understand you're playing (what I consider) to be a niche tactic. I'm also not sure I would want to go for any more than six (if you want to play this style) because you begin to lose any and all pushing power through lack of tanks and other AOE damage. I understand your point, I simply tend to disagree.
<Salt Factory>

footpatrol2

Post#54 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:30 am

Sure that's valid. Many ways to do things.

Glorian

Post#55 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:35 am

dansari wrote:Totally understand. My mindset is more along the lines with what fenyrl said: you now have to find 6-12 AMs to fill that band, and to understand you're playing (what I consider) to be a niche tactic. I'm also not sure I would want to go for any more than six (if you want to play this style) because you begin to lose any and all pushing power through lack of tanks and other AOE damage. I understand your point, I simply tend to disagree.
You need to find 12 players who are capable of having 40/20 Alts in Ruin gear not 12AMs. ;)
And then you need some paperwork like this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

12 Main played AMs alone is quite impossible.

footpatrol2

Post#56 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:21 pm

So some counter-play to morale bombs imo is ST assist groups in a warband setting. I'm pulling this out to emphasize how you can counter morale bombs.
footpatrol2 wrote: I can strategically single target destroy major morale bomb components of my opposition to dampen the morale bomb I know is coming at me. I know who/what they are by looking at my combat log/paying attention.
When you kill a player the morale is drained.

How much AoE damage do you need? Does the entire warband NEED to do AoE? Do all 4 groups need to be full tilted on ap AoE damage? That depends on the scale of what your fighting and form of ORvR your in. If your fighting pure zerg then yes maximise your AoE. Could you get by with 3 groups of ap AoE damage and 1 group of ST damage? Maybe don't even fully dedicated a entire group but just have 2 or 3 player's focused on ap ST assist. While delivering your ap AoE damage you can lace in ST ap damage on top of the ap AoE damage.

If your fighting organized that can deliver morale bombs... you could ST destroy major morale bomb components before they can be obtained... Think of that ST group as a single target morale drain group. Individual deaths don't matter in large scale fights. But the individual morale drain does matter. The ST group could bring say a AE morale bomb or additional utility to increase it's value/lack of ap AoE damage. There are classes also that can do good ap AoE damage and good ap Single target damage all within a spec line.

That AM group brings ap ST assist plus a large amount of utility.
That Big shoota group brings ap ST Assist some utility with tank killer potential and late game AE morale bomb.
That SW group lets say 4 scouts 2 heals brings, ap ST assist with tank killer potential and early access AE morale bomb.

This is just my perspective and how I view things.