Recent Topics

Ads

Countering destro raze

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
footpatrol2

Countering destro raze

Post#1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:35 pm

This is how I would counter the raze morale bomb that destro does in open field fighting.

Take 8 any spec Shadow warriors and a bunch of AM's with Marshes to assist in kite. Have the 8 Shadow warriors slot in Outrider patrol. That's 1200 x 8 = 9600 20 ft morale bomb conducted 100ft away. Mara's can't drain you if they can't get in combat with you. Focus on destroying their tanks to reset their morale. You can deliver that in two shots of 4800 20 ft if you want. That is also potentially 8 blue arrow spams... It is nasty.

Alternatively you could go two 3 SW 3 AM setups with AM's pump to focused mind m2 then pump up Shadow warriors to m2. 6 Outrider Patrol's is still 7200 morale damage. Basically droping anything. At a glance I am pretty sure that is the fastest at range morale bomb you can conduct in the game and order has access too it and not destro. Destro can get larger but it's based on m4 so... and it is almost as fast but not as fast as order.

The above two group comps are glass cannon group comps. Which should be easy to destroy but if your able to survive to your morale 2 well you can turn the tide. Should be a scream to play and it would probably look awesome as well. You can zerg serf to get your frontal pressure or organize a close combat 12 for your frontal pressure.

Ads
auzzibear

Re: Countering destro raze

Post#2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:57 am

idk, i prefer killing destro them before they get m2 up
Auzzimvp, Cow Handler of <Salt Factory>

Aussi-Slayer | Auzzima-WP | Auzzi-WH | Auzzita-RP | Auzzimvp-WL
Auzz- DoK | Dubbs- Mara | Dubs- BG | Izua- Sham
at least 40/40 on most classes, just ran out of room :D

dansari

Post#3 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:37 am

Vs a setup like that I would just tell my parties to split up.. SWs have decent consistent damage but you take away their lileath spam and their Outrider Patrol potential and they have no burst.
<Salt Factory>

Glorian

Post#4 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:31 am

auzzibear wrote:idk, i prefer killing destro them before they get m2 up
True. But sometimes you can't kill them in 12 seconds. ;)

Haojin

Post#5 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:00 am

@footpatrol2

You're wrong. You just comparing the damage of 8X SW with 8X Raze not "counter" ing Damage. Countering raze isn't easy but doable if you coordinated af. Raze is a channeling ability and can be countered with:

1- AoE Interrupts -Engie/Magus/Mara/WL
2- AoE CC's - Stagger / Knockback / Knockdown
3- Taunt Rotation
4- Spreading - if you know Raze Bomb coming
5- Double healing potion
6- Morale Drain
Spoiler:
About 8X SW warband, we made a similiar thing on destro side with 8X SH. This was our ultra zergbusterlulz warband - 12/09/2017 - , damage was insanely broken with/without UF. That composition is total **** if you get melee trained tho, otherwise = i win button activated.
And just after that "Unshakable Focus" removed from the game. 15/09/2017 :D

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=22927&hilit=Unshakable+Focus

LET ME INTRODUCE NEW META : 16 TANK WARBAND !!!111111 NERFNERFNERF !!!11
Without marauder, without shamans, best order zerg still getting rekt !!111111 NERFNERFNERF !!!!111

Spoiler:
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Collateral

Post#6 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:26 am

Remove destro morales from the game I say.

Foltestik

Post#7 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:26 am

Collateral wrote:Remove destro from the game I say.
Edit for ya

Collateral

Post#8 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:29 am

But but muh balance :O

Ads
Madcatmech
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:37 am

Collateral did you happen to analyse skullthumper ticks? Were thay a noticable chunk of the dmg when focusing down targets compared to morales?

footpatrol2

Post#10 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:59 am

@ haojin
I'm not wrong. There is more then one way to skin a cat.
I just pulled up one example out of many you can do to counter. I thought outrider patrol bomb was coolio so I shared it.

I would completely drop the tanks from your 2 SW groups to add more dps. Tanks don't really add a ton of damage but just make your overall comp tougher. You build a 2nd 12 close combat orientated. So in a warband your only bringing 4 tanks. your stacking extra damage with the intention of kiting as a defense. So warband comp would look like 3 sw 3 am 3 sw 3 am, plus 2/2/2 plus 2/2/2.

ya I think tank groups are 100% viable in a RvR setting. I dunno if I'd base a entire warband around it though. Not opposed to the idea. I'd be poping deafening bellow on the BO's over raze. Far superior. Cross guarded tank groups can go DEEP where other melee group comps cannot. Tanks are the slowest thing in the game thou and easily kited. Tanks can't really get out of snares. You can just walk away from them. They will be tough as hell thou.
Last edited by footpatrol2 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.