Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Burst?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Delenot

[WL] Burst?

Post#1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:27 pm

What is the common rotations\spec for WL Burst?

I'm presently lvl 40, low RR, full Ruin with +14 str talis. T4 quest epic weapon Valeo. Current spec is Hunt\Guardian.

While the damage is fine PvE, I'm just not seeing it in PvP. I've read posts all over the spectrum from several months back, to several years ago. But what works at the present?

Ads
Manatikik

Re: [WL] Burst?

Post#2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:35 pm

Guardian will always give less burst than axeman/hunt build. Typically you get on a target then force oportunity > coord strike > fey/pack assault/lions fury > ctw and the target should be dead.

Might have to throw in a snare or silence depending and a thin the herd if they can self heal. Sundering chop is your primary "filler" or spam attack.

With guardian you would send your pet brutal pounce + leonine frenzy > pounce > fo > coord strike > then whatever you need to finish (hopefully they're already dead).
<Montague><Capulet>

Delenot

Post#3 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:18 pm

With the Axeman/Hunt build is a pet important, or is it a Loner focused build? Do you use Primal Fury to prebuff your damage?

Also presently running tactics:
Brute Force
Flanking
Pack Synergy
Pack Hunting (Which requires Trained To Hunt use)

Focused on having a pet assist, would you suggest a change?

Manatikik

Post#4 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:59 pm

Delenot wrote:With the Axeman/Hunt build is a pet important, or is it a Loner focused build? Do you use Primal Fury to prebuff your damage?

Also presently running tactics:
Brute Force
Flanking
Pack Synergy
Pack Hunting (Which requires Trained To Hunt use)

Focused on having a pet assist, would you suggest a change?
Pet is a decent part of your damage. You only ever should run loner/revenge in an organized small man fight where the enemy is for sure gonna target your lion.

You almost always want to run Speed Training. Some people like pack hunting but I prefer to run Flanking and run TTK for bonus pet damage and your toughness bump helps a decent chunk. Primal fury is great but until rr 50 you have to choose between it and Thin the herd and that's more of a personal choice.
<Montague><Capulet>

Delenot

Post#5 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:24 pm

My apologies, but I do not know what TTK is?

Manatikik

Post#6 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Delenot wrote:My apologies, but I do not know what TTK is?
Trained to Kill
<Montague><Capulet>

Delenot

Post#7 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:30 pm

Thank you. I was just coming back to edit my last post. Figured out what that meant.

Njaguar

Post#8 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:57 pm

If you aim for solo gameplay, i guess this build is quite good. I think TTK got armor debuff on pet stance?

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wl; ... 3:;0:0:0:0:

Ads
BrockRiefenstahl

Post#9 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Njaguar wrote:If you aim for solo gameplay, i guess this build is quite good. I think TTK got armor debuff on pet stance?

I would never run a build without FO. Especially since its important vs most Classes on Destru side (only Sorc, SH, WE and maybe Shaman got low armor)

Manatikik

Post#10 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:17 pm

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:
Njaguar wrote:If you aim for solo gameplay, i guess this build is quite good. I think TTK got armor debuff on pet stance?

I would never run a build without FO. Especially since its important vs most Classes on Destru side (only Sorc, SH, WE and maybe Shaman got low armor)
Not to mention it's a pretty strong UNDEFENDABLE attack with its "bonus" being better than fey/pa usually.
<Montague><Capulet>