Recent Topics

Ads

SM ED Overnerf ??

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
caledonia

SM ED Overnerf ??

Post#1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi all,

There was a bit in chat in-game yesterday discussing SM ED and its recent Nerf :(

If an enemy presses the space bar and jumps = breaks ED

If enemy runs into a bush = breaks ED

If another player runs in front of you while doing ED = breaks ED

There are lots of other scenarios/incidents where the same happens and as well as loosing our main Khaine ability the 8 seconds cooldown still ticks without doing any dmg, I.E. making 2H SMs pretty much useless :(

There was someone that said they had video of the above (apologies forgot your name) so i'm hoping they post it here just to show exactly what happens

compared to other classes you hardly see any SM's as it is now I fear they will be seen/played even less :(

Is the current state of ED going to be re-evaluated at all ?

If I jumped, ran into a bush or someone ran in front of a ranged class while they were casting on me they still do the Dmg which just seems wrong considering how EB currently works (or not as the case may be !).

/discuss

Best Regards
Last edited by caledonia on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
Osred

Re: SM EB Overnerf ??

Post#2 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:54 pm

EB? Youre talking about Ether Dance right?
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Bozzax

Post#3 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Im guessing it is all channels had a lot of ”interrupts” on chp
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

DokB

Post#4 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:01 pm

I'm fairly sure it's a bug with most melee channels, not just Ether Dance.

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/10791
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:10 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Cythe was reporting on similar things, and I can't honestly fathom it being intentional.

Redsun

Re: SM ED Overnerf ??

Post#6 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:01 pm

I reported that and seems that has a label of "fix pending" so it should be a bug and we need to be patient till the fix arrives!
Polemos - Fuzzh - Baigon - Lengo
Mexicola - Fuzz

Martok

Post#7 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:46 pm

caledonia wrote:There was someone that said they had video of the above (apologies forgot your name) so i'm hoping they post it here just to show exactly what happens.
That was me, and I do have video of multiple incidents of ED breaking, being interrupted, or not firing at all due to opponent actions like running into a bush, hitting their jump button, stepping toward or having another player move to them, or apparently because the combat system decides I can no longer see my opponent while I am both facing and attacking that opponent.

However with all due respect to all concerned I don't much see the need to compile and post any video. Yesterday when that conversation started all I received in response from the authority in game at that moment was insult, ridicule, and the charge the only reason any of this was happening was because I was always running away from my opponents.

I may not be able to write code for an MMO game, but that doesn't mean I am stupid. What that response tells me is one of two conditions must be true. One, because the mere questioning of the combat system change harvested such a response the change which affects ED is working exactly as planned and is therefore intentional and won't be reviewed. Two, the mere questioning of the combat system change was immediately interpreted as a personal attack, which means the response was personal and therefore the change which affects ED won't be reviewed.

Therefore again, with all due respect to everyone here, what is the point of any further discussion of this issue?
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

altharion1
Banned

Post#8 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Same thing happening to me. It just stops middle channel, no interrupt message
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Ads