Recent Topics

Ads

Melee/Assault SW

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
roadkillrobin

Re: Melee/Assault SW

Post#211 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:10 am

Nekkma wrote:Balancing around 10 min cds is a bad idea. Best fix I have seen in this thread is an adjustment of how Initiative and chance to be crit is calculated. A more linear approach (perhaps with softcap) seems better than what we presently have.
10min cd's are horrible for combat ballance thats for sure. But thats one of the sollution that Mythic used to deal with the forseen Crit power creep that would come with the new renown system aswell as higher crit from gear. Another one was allowing negative vallues of reduced chance to be crit and aswell Trivial blows. Also the unavilibilty of Immaculate Defence in small scale are pretty much gone together with Crippling Strikes. Ofc it gona lead to a offensive power creep with all these things missing with only minor adjustment made to Dirty Tricks, Leading Shots and Encourage Aim.

Also just making linear Initiative calculations will still favours one realm (order) over the other one. So i'm not sure it's tge pathto go. The problem will still be there just in less of a extremity.

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#212 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:33 am

I really wouldn't mess with the formula's. Changing the mechanic's is... potentially...

Tesq

Post#213 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:38 am

Look, from 130 + ini scale linear, you can just increase the base ini on all class by a fix same value, this will still anyway force ppl to stack ini to a certain degree while make ini debuff less scaling, my chosen have 235 ini with just 10 rp invested in Renown. Lets assume a sum of 200 ini debuff , so to reach still a 130 value all classes imo could be just for base be increased by between 80-100 points. This will translate in order ini debuff be linear and be just another small 5-10% crit debuff as there are others.

This will if of ourse increase dodge aswell,. Tought you can just make ini scale linear under 130 pt with out influence dodge or anyway change the scaler to be less strong under 130 pt.

Per se the tactic is not a problem as much it wasnt cripple strike, server/client stacking/scaling rule are.

We aren't new to stacking rule change imo we saw too few, there is a reason if speed buff stacking rules were changed.

Panzerkasper

Post#214 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:46 am

Tesq wrote:Per se the tactic is not a problem as much it wasnt cripple strike, server/client stacking rule are
We all know Crippling strikes was never a problem, but a counterplay to the immense crit stacking possibilities of order.

Btw, I think a lot of people in this thread should get their heads out of their order asses and actually play destro for a time.

Also I call all these "I don't see X flooding the lakes, so it can't be overpowered" arguments Bull****. This is a zerg game and melee SW has no place in Zerg, thats why you don't see it in Warbands. Then again, not all of this game is Zerg (thank god) and this stacking debuffs is an issue whether you like it or not.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Avici

Post#215 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:41 pm

The best solution so far has been to give Choppa an equal double-stacking ini debuff. Saying this as an order player.

roadkillrobin

Post#216 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Avici wrote:The best solution so far has been to give Choppa an equal double-stacking ini debuff. Saying this as an order player.
It was tried in the past and it had the same reaction. Was way to good.

Acidic

Post#217 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 am

Dam realy was hopeing that they would fix this in the patch. seems obvious enough that the number of SW rising. As this seemed form Torq's comment that this is what he called "proof" that that shoudl be enough and numbers and other discution did not cut the ice.

kryss

Post#218 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:44 am

Sorry to put the discussion back to the original intent :D

I have a question about liniments: there are some wounds/ranged crit ones, but I guess that crit doesn't count for melee when I switch to assault, right? So i'd better go for a wound/tough+ melee crit liniment?

Thanks for the clarification

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#219 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:59 am

kryss wrote:Sorry to put the discussion back to the original intent :D

I have a question about liniments: there are some wounds/ranged crit ones, but I guess that crit doesn't count for melee when I switch to assault, right? So i'd better go for a wound/tough+ melee crit liniment?

Thanks for the clarification
Only stats gained from items are converted

rmpl

Post#220 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Acidic wrote:Dam realy was hopeing that they would fix this in the patch. seems obvious enough that the number of SW rising. As this seemed form Torq's comment that this is what he called "proof" that that shoudl be enough and numbers and other discution did not cut the ice.
I've given up, there's no point arguing when balancing is done through popularity contests in orvr :roll: