Recent Topics

Ads

White Lion Changes (8/25/2018)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
soliticks

Re: White Lion Changes (8/25/2018)

Post#171 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:04 pm

larsulu wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:30 pm
soliticks wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:58 pm
Kalt wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:52 pm well , what about mirroring completely the white lion on marauder ?

Problem solved .

In the eyes of Order , marauder are the ultimate killing machine , relentless and unstopable.
Then give us what they want.

This way , maybe they're going to understand marauder are not what they think we are.
Marauders are godly in a group. One stat to focus on opens up any defensive stat as a secondary. A heal debuff that heals them on a 5 second cooldown. Armor debuff, no pet liability, solid mobility, less of a death liability than Choppa, Monstrosity stance in oh **** situations, a finishing ability, constant constant back-loaded burst...it's a SOLID class all around. It is so well-designed in an "all around" sense, that many have called it the "perfect class". And it certainly is a great class. Each tree is so well done that it has barely been touched since live. Each mastery tree can basically be its own standalone spec without needing to push points into others. Very polished. What they lack is front-loaded burst, and that's what's popular nowadays. It's why you don't see a lot of Marauders. Try doing the Beastlord quest order side. You run around hoping to see a Marauder somewhere. You should see how fast WE fills up on your quest bar. Took me 10 minutes in a warband.

ok may mara could be better in 6v6 then WL.
but dont forget we have pull on int and is a cast. ( and mara is pure str )
no mobility like WL,SW.
abilities and tactics locked at their own stances.
savagery-monstro build is totally murdered. ( TB get nerfed 3 times)
no burst like WL.
I agree with your concerns about your lack of burst on the Marauder. RDPS have gotten so powerful again nowadays. MDPS survivability in general fell even further. It's almost back to the days when melees just strafe back and forth, unable to push in at all in a lot of situations. Movement is everything in this game. What forces movement from ranged classes is taking burst damage that forces them to retreat for heals. I don't think Marauder has that kind of necessary pressure anymore. It functions very well in melee line vs melee line clashes, but it doesn't provide that burst that kills people in small windows of opportunity. I'd personally be receptive to a Marauder frontload burst buff. I think first and foremost, dps classes should be the best at well...dps.
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

Ads
facundo7777

Post#172 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:54 am

after trying few builds by myself and with cooperation high rr lion too. i have few thougts:
1) burst has been reduced much and surv very very much. I understand kind of nerf was necessary but atm it is too much.
2) if u want create mirror of mara, why u didnt it? why slayer is better than choppa (if iam wrong, sry for that) why bw is not mirror of sorc? I just want to said about class uniques in this so going to do mirror classes is not what war is about. Anyway if U decided to do that, do it properly please.
3) U said that wl mechanics was broken from the begining. Maybe its true but it depends of person. Anyway if someone choose this class there was a reason. Personally for me it was few things like pounce, pet, mdps in order while i dont like wh and slayer, 2h obvious choice :)
4) returning of roaming spec in any version with pet or without is very good idea imo. Because i think most wl players choose this class to play like that (solo roam/small scale). I dont think that someone dream about wb play as wl in front line. WL role in wb is to coordinate attack on single target in back lines (healer or rdps). I never thought that i will be doing aoe dmg in front lines in large scale fights why i picked WL.

nat3s

Post#173 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:43 am

I rolled a WL to smash faces 1v1. I totally understand how dominant they were. People need to accept that WL was op and needed nerfing. It's that simple. Might have been fun to destroy everything 1v1, but that doesn't feel good to the solo SH, Mara, WE etc.

Players aren't advocating for a roaming spec, with pounce any spec is a roaming spec for a WL. What players are essentially saying is "I want an OP roaming spec".

That's fine, just make sure the other roamers are at the same level.

Final point, WL suitability is now similar to Mara (which has always relied upon a Guard to be effective in 6v6 / SC play). WL just players just aren't used to the drawbacks of playing a melee.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

facundo7777

Post#174 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:47 am

nat3s wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:43 am I rolled a WL to smash faces 1v1. I totally understand how dominant they were. People need to accept that WL was op and needed nerfing. It's that simple. Might have been fun to destroy everything 1v1, but that doesn't feel good to the solo SH, Mara, WE etc.

Players aren't advocating for a roaming spec, with pounce any spec is a roaming spec for a WL. What players are essentially saying is "I want an OP roaming spec".

That's fine, just make sure the other roamers are at the same level. Making Mara pull instant (think DK death grip vs Warrior Charge in WoW) might help balance against pounce in that capacity.
18 pages and ppl still dont understand. Everyone knows that wl nerf was necessary!! but changing pet class into stance class (much worse than mara) and completly changing the archetype and playstyle of the class is not fair enough.

live4treasure

Post#175 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:01 am

Chill out, for the twentieth time. Next patch will make WL on par with Mara. Just have a little patience
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

facundo7777

Post#176 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:04 am

live4treasure wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:01 am Chill out, for the twentieth time. Next patch will make WL on par with Mara. Just have a little patience
so overall i am sad about that but it is fair someway. Can we just remove pet permanently? cause stance dance and using pet same time is much more complicated than only stance dance.

live4treasure

Post#177 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:10 am

Azarael has stated that next patch WL pet will be removed, yes. Something was mentioned about a tactic that might give you a pet, but none of your class features will be dependant on it. I'll just go ahead and answer that question, to save time and breath. This or next weekend, WL will get the changes it needs to be competetive
Last edited by live4treasure on Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

facundo7777

Post#178 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:12 am

live4treasure wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:10 am Azarael has stated that next patch WL pet will be removed, yes. Something was mentioned about a tactic that might give you a pet, but none of your class features will be dependant on it. I'll just go ahead and answer that question, to save time and breath. These or next weekends, WL will get the changes it needs to be competetive
funny thing i deleted maruder few months ago (40/40 around) because stance playstyle was boring for me :p and i start to play wl as on live servers :D what should i do now:D?

Ads
catholicism198

Post#179 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:20 am

live4treasure wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:10 am Azarael has stated that next patch WL pet will be removed, yes. Something was mentioned about a tactic that might give you a pet, but none of your class features will be dependant on it. I'll just go ahead and answer that question, to save time and breath. This or next weekend, WL will get the changes it needs to be competetive
When/where was this?

live4treasure

Post#180 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:23 am

Literally earlier in this thread. I may be mistaken about the tactic, however. Think it might have been in some other WL thread.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM